Sponsored

Diode Dynamics fog lights

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
2,506
Reaction score
5,258
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Can you show me where to connect the end of the green wire coming out of the BCM? I had to do the install per DD instructions for the lights to come on. I made the changes in ForScan but it didn't work. There doesn't seem to be any power coming from pin #6 when checked with voltmeter.
See CNJFF’s post above. Also read these:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...wire-harness-installed-in-maverick-diy.26541/

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...nstall-diode-dynamics-ss3-jjc-brackets.74997/
Sponsored

 

Jose A

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Jose
Joined
Apr 19, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
48
Reaction score
28
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all, was hoping to get a little help/sanity check. I've added in my Diode Dynamics lights, and I'm running into something similar to this and not sure what's up/am losing my mind a bit. This was a good sanity check since it matches what I'm doing (except for the blue wire for backlight as I'm using that.

Blue wire is working as expected, I've got the backlight on like I want. I've got all the Forscan changes applied, with ignition on to make sure no shenanigans with the module not writing would happen.

When I plug the white switch to the green wire hooked up to pin 6 or 7, the lights turn on at all times, regardless of fog button or vehicle on. I'm attaching photos to spot check that I'm not missing things, but it looks right from the wiring diagram and another user's photo in this thread.

The DD relay should be working fine, since I know the lights worked properly with the DD instructions to piggyback off of the headlight power. I know it's going to be something limited to my switch setup, but I feel like I've gone back to check it too many times now, and not sure what I'm missing.


EDIT: I figured it out. Elsewhere I saw to set Right/Left Front Fog Lamp Usage to power supply. Changing that to "fog lamps only" fixed this. :facepalm:
I've got a question about the wiring you did. First, what does the pink square represent in your diagram? I installed my DD fog lights, with the F150 switch but haven't hooked the fogs to the switch. I made all the Forscan adjustments but didn't understand where the green BCM wire gets attached. Does it go to the fog harness that's providing power? And which wire goes to the F150 switch?
Thanks
 

DustyOne

2.5L Hybrid
New member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 16, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
Manassas, VA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick - Lariat w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got my fog lights delivered and I am prepping for this install. I have the Ford F-150 headlight switch, the BCM pin package (mines black instead of green) and all the other parts I think I need. One question I had was for the BCM pin, do you have to just remove the BCM clip and then slide the pin in and it locks in place? Or do you need to do anything else I was thinking of adding a spade connector to the end that fits into the DD harness to make it slightly easier but I might just do a proper splice connection as well. If one of you that has done it already could let me know it would be awesome.

Also, for the ground wire for the original switch, did you still ground it to chassis behind the brake pedal or did you need it still since the connection was through the BCM. I am not planning on connecting the yellow running light either... I like the cleaner look without it and I am trying to avoid taping the harness for it.

Thanks in advance....
 
First Name
Bobe
Joined
Jan 21, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
24
Reaction score
15
Location
Pennsylvania
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So would I be correct in assuming that if I installed this same setup in my Mav, but didn’t want to utilize the amber backlight function of the fogs I don’t have to tap into any part of the factory headlamp wiring harness? After watching the DD install video, the only part I don’t like is using T-taps and if I can avoid using them or having to disturb the factory wiring harness that would be the ideal scenario.
 

Tbone289

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Jul 18, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
4,487
Location
MO
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav FX4, '12 Focus SE Sport, '01 Focus ZX3, '00 Jeep XJ, '67 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So would I be correct in assuming that if I installed this same setup in my Mav, but didn’t want to utilize the amber backlight function of the fogs I don’t have to tap into any part of the factory headlamp wiring harness? After watching the DD install video, the only part I don’t like is using T-taps and if I can avoid using them or having to disturb the factory wiring harness that would be the ideal scenario.
Yes, that is correct. The amber backlight is the only function that requires tapping into the factory wiring. I tapped into the right side lower parking light wiring for mine, but I used crimps and adhesive-lined heat shrink for a waterproof connection rather than T-taps.
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

2A2BFREE

2.5L Hybrid
Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
13
Reaction score
16
Location
United states
Vehicle(s)
2026 For Maverick Xlt Lariat Awd Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks great, I have been debating getting these as well
Too cut or Not to cut, that IS the question...
 

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jan 9, 2022
Threads
64
Messages
5,704
Reaction score
6,331
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, that is correct. The amber backlight is the only function that requires tapping into the factory wiring. I tapped into the right side lower parking light wiring for mine, but I used crimps and adhesive-lined heat shrink for a waterproof connection rather than T-taps.
I like the idea of the backlight feature, but the Lariat’s DRL system is different, and from what I understand, more complicated than the other models. I don’t see why one couldn’t tap into the side marker lights which are easily accessible and more straightforward and get the same result.
 

Tbone289

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Jul 18, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
4,487
Location
MO
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav FX4, '12 Focus SE Sport, '01 Focus ZX3, '00 Jeep XJ, '67 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the idea of the backlight feature, but the Lariat’s DRL system is different, and from what I understand, more complicated than the other models. I don’t see why one couldn’t tap into the side marker lights which are easily accessible and more straightforward and get the same result.
I'm pretty sure what I'm calling a lower parking light is the same thing you're calling a side marker. That light operates the same regardless of trim level.
 

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jan 9, 2022
Threads
64
Messages
5,704
Reaction score
6,331
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm pretty sure what I'm calling a lower parking light is the same thing you're calling a side marker. That light operates the same regardless of trim level.
You are correct. "Lower parking light" and "side marker" are interchangeable. I initially thought you were referring to the daytime driving lights. I misread your post. Thanks for the correction.
 
First Name
Bobe
Joined
Jan 21, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
24
Reaction score
15
Location
Pennsylvania
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The green wire from the bcm connects to the switch wire on DD harness
Is the F150 headlight switch plug-and-play with the connector that comes on the Maverick headlight switch harness? No wires get terminated to the F150 switch, correct? The green wire that gets terminated to the BCM should have its other end terminated to the white wire of the fog light harness, correct?
 
Sponsored

EffNo50

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 15, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
607
Reaction score
740
Location
Central California
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat Hybrid white on black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the F150 headlight switch plug-and-play with the connector that comes on the Maverick headlight switch harness? No wires get terminated to the F150 switch, correct? The green wire that gets terminated to the BCM should have its other end terminated to the white wire of the fog light harness, correct?
I've installed the switch on my 24 Lariat, but have not dove into Forscan or added the wires to the BCM connector. It just plugs in and all the original functions work. In order for it to control the fog lights though you do need to make changes in Forscan and add the wires at the BCM.
 

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
2,506
Reaction score
5,258
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Is the F150 headlight switch plug-and-play with the connector that comes on the Maverick headlight switch harness?
Yes. You do have to get into Forscan and enable the switch and fog light function, but the switch connectors are the same.

No wires get terminated to the F150 switch, correct?
Correct. There is no wiring to be done there.

The green wire that gets terminated to the BCM should have its other end terminated to the white wire of the fog light harness, correct?
I'm not sure about the colors on the DD harness, but the new "green" wire you add to the BCM connector will provide +12V when the fog light switch is turned on. It is enough power for the lights, so no relay is even needed. Some people have added TWO "green" wires to the BCM for individual left/right light control for cornering etc. In theory, two wires also gives you some buffer for powering the lights directly from the BCM.
 
First Name
Bobe
Joined
Jan 21, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
24
Reaction score
15
Location
Pennsylvania
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. You do have to get into Forscan and enable the switch and fog light function, but the switch connectors are the same.



Correct. There is no wiring to be done there.



I'm not sure about the colors on the DD harness, but the new "green" wire you add to the BCM connector will provide +12V when the fog light switch is turned on. It is enough power for the lights, so no relay is even needed. Some people have added TWO "green" wires to the BCM for individual left/right light control for cornering etc. In theory, two wires also gives you some buffer for powering the lights directly from the BCM.
Thank you. Helpful. Last question, the Green wire that I will be terminating to the BCM is 16 AWG and the white wire of the DD harness that gets terminated to the Green BCM wire appears to be a smaller gauge
Yes. You do have to get into Forscan and enable the switch and fog light function, but the switch connectors are the same.



Correct. There is no wiring to be done there.



I'm not sure about the colors on the DD harness, but the new "green" wire you add to the BCM connector will provide +12V when the fog light switch is turned on. It is enough power for the lights, so no relay is even needed. Some people have added TWO "green" wires to the BCM for individual left/right light control for cornering etc. In theory, two wires also gives you some buffer for powering the lights directly from the BCM.
Yes. You do have to get into Forscan and enable the switch and fog light function, but the switch connectors are the same.



Correct. There is no wiring to be done there.



I'm not sure about the colors on the DD harness, but the new "green" wire you add to the BCM connector will provide +12V when the fog light switch is turned on. It is enough power for the lights, so no relay is even needed. Some people have added TWO "green" wires to the BCM for individual left/right light control for cornering etc. In theory, two wires also gives you some buffer for powering the lights directly from the BCM.
Thank you kindly, very helpful. Last question…the green wire I will be terminating to the BCM is 16 AWG and the white wire of the DD harness that gets terminated to the green BCM wire appears on to be a smaller gauge (18 or 20 AWG). Any reason to worry about connecting two different gauge wires together for this kind of application or do I need to relax?
 

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
2,506
Reaction score
5,258
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Thank you kindly, very helpful. Last question…the green wire I will be terminating to the BCM is 16 AWG and the white wire of the DD harness that gets terminated to the green BCM wire appears on to be a smaller gauge (18 or 20 AWG). Any reason to worry about connecting two different gauge wires together for this kind of application or do I need to relax?
Relaxing is a personal choice, but there shouldn't be an issue with the wire gauge mismatch in this application. :)
 

EffNo50

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 15, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
607
Reaction score
740
Location
Central California
Vehicle(s)
2024 Lariat Hybrid white on black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you. Helpful. Last question, the Green wire that I will be terminating to the BCM is 16 AWG and the white wire of the DD harness that gets terminated to the Green BCM wire appears to be a smaller gauge



Thank you kindly, very helpful. Last question…the green wire I will be terminating to the BCM is 16 AWG and the white wire of the DD harness that gets terminated to the green BCM wire appears on to be a smaller gauge (18 or 20 AWG). Any reason to worry about connecting two different gauge wires together for this kind of application or do I need to relax?
It's ok to power a lighter gauge wire from a heavier gauge one, as long as the circuit breaker/fuse is rated for the lightest guage. Think about connecting a garden hose to a fire hydrant....vs a fire hose to a regular house spigot. One will work well, and the other...not so much.
Sponsored

 
 







Top