Sponsored

Search results

  1. Maverick Jack Points — How Do You Prevent Pinch Weld Damage?

    Mine is 0.39 inch. There are other variations for the one I posted above, like 0.55 inch. I had used the rubber ones prior, and they split open. There is no such problem with the hard nylon ones. Now I just use the split rubber ones upside-down to keep from marring the paint on the front...
  2. Speaker upgrades

    The door panels are very easy to R&R to replace the front speakers.
  3. Maverick Jack Points — How Do You Prevent Pinch Weld Damage?

    Follow this link for the nylon magnetic pucks I use to protect the pinch welds when jacking: Potauto Universal Nylon PA6 Grooved Magnetic Jack Pad Jacking Puck https://a.co/d/0jk7n4FL Follow this link for other jacking position options...
  4. RIP Lasfit tail lights

    That's exactly why I have Sylvania Zevo LEDs in my taillights and not Lasfits.
  5. Infotainment much playback having random skips - help?

    That might be the case, but I can tell you that I used to have issues like this when I first got my Maverick and had an Android 12 phone. That phone always worked fine in other vehicles. When I upgraded to a more powerful Android 15 phone, all of my Connected Touch Radio issues with Android...
  6. An unfortunate accident confirmed I made the correct choice buying my Maverick

    I suppose it depends on what you mean by "hunting". It shifts more than a 4 speed auto transmission, but that should be expected from an 8-speed transmission, to keep it at the proper RPM for current conditions. "Hunting" to me indicates that the system seems confused as to what gear it should...
  7. Right Rear Sitting 1.5” Higher Than Left

    Is the vehicle sitting on a perfectly flat slab of pavement when you take the measurements?
  8. Are my wipers resting too high?

    Yes, that's how it's intended. It likely will park slightly lower (1/4") with a wet windshield. As already mentioned, you can put a shorter wiper on that side and pull the arm to rotate it one notch on the splines, but it's probably not worth the effort.
  9. Are my wipers resting too high?

    They drop down to the parking marks on the windshield. You can see the marks and how mine sit in a previous post here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/wipers-dislike-and-fix-one-of-my-pet-peeves.58921/page-2#post-993536 In your first post, your right-side wiper (passenger side)...
  10. Are my wipers resting too high?

    I've found with every vehicle I've owned with a wiper "park" position that many times they won't park as low when the windshield is dry (or dirty) as when it is clean and wet due to extra friction.
  11. What’s Something You Notice More After Owning Your Maverick for a While?

    In addition to always having your fob on your person, get in the habit of only locking the doors with the fob after you've exited the vehicle. Only use the buttons inside the vehicle to unlock the doors for passenger entry, and never use them to lock the vehicle. But yeah, leaving your fob in...
  12. Back seat up or down for more storage space?

    I always pack with the seat back in the upright position. Either way you have basically the same amount of room, but with the seat back up, the weight of what you're packing is lower and more accessible than if you have the seat folded. Having the weight lower is safer from a couple of...
  13. GM: No dipstick, dipsh*t.

    It is from the perspective of the manufacturer, who is forcing the change. I don't think anyone here believes the manufacturer is doing this to benefit the consumer or third-party service repair/service shops.
  14. Wipers chattering

    ^ This. Buy PIAA wipers and you'll never buy anything else again. I've had pairs of them last 10+ years. Many times in the rain I don't have to turn them on, because they leave a hydrophobic layer of silicone that acts like Rain-X, but doesn't have to be re-applied. It makes the windshield...
  15. Another reason it suxxx. WINDSHIELD

    Informed decisions based on the unbiased opinions of "mav suxx"? :ROFLMAO:
  16. Pay for "Turn by Turn" GPS?

    If fuse 11 is pulled the cellular modem is disabled. At that point, the only other way Ford can gather remote data is if you connect your Maverick to a WiFi access point. There isn't much point in doing that in a 2023 since it can't receive OTA updates.
  17. GM: No dipstick, dipsh*t.

    One benefit of any electronic sensor is the ability that it gives the manufacturer to record and monitor the data that is being produced by it.
  18. One year old, long mountain trip experience

    You can use whatever you want, but likely you're already carrying a cell phone which works just a well, integrates with your Maverick and is very likely more up-to-date. The point of the discussion was to inform people that a phone GPS works as well as a stand-alone GPS without a cell signal...
  19. One year old, long mountain trip experience

    Garmin is a "stand-alone" GPS, as I mentioned above. Why do you need a Garmin when your phone does the same thing? I haven't owned a Garmin for a vehicle in 15 years.
  20. One year old, long mountain trip experience

    Navigation with a phone doesn't require cell service. It requires the GPS unit in your phone and a stored map (offline maps) just as a stand-alone GPS unit does.




Top