Sponsored

DID Ford remove the heated windshield wipers on the 2024 Lariat?

CD_SM

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6 '06
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. Did that. Mirrors warm quickly. On frosty days, the frost remained even like 5-6 minutes later. And it was just barely 31°F.
A strong look should have melted it.

Maybe the 18°F part is when it automatically comes on to keep the rubber soft? Anyhow. Never had one before. Can’t say it will change my life having it or not. Just interesting.
Lol probably not easy to QC something that needs <31° as far south as Hermosillo!
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you live in a cold weather state, the early models lux (cold) package is awesome. Would've loved to have sat in on the meeting where the heated windshield was canceled..... :rolleyes:

Glad I got a '22! 🤠

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The heating element is built into the windshield itself.
Thanks.on my XLT with lux pkg the parking well for the wipers is what's heated.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The "parking well" is the bottom of the windshield. The plastic trim is underneath the heated area, where it covers the gap between the urethaned-in glass & the body, then meets up with the cowl cover.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pictures or it didn’t happen.
😎

Sponsored

Svtguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL 24 Tremor on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Off topic- remote start on key fob is it still available on a 2024 Lariat tremor?

Svtguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL 24 Tremor on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great news! thx - dealer told me it was deleted for 2024

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had no idea that the heated mirrors button on my Lariat heats the wipers on my 22 Lariat? Just wow.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, now I know why I have been having to turn off my heated mirrors so often lately. I have never needed them. But find them on very frequently lately. Still don't know exactly what triggers them (cold temps, heat/defrost or what). I have a 24 Lariat w/o the heated windshield.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man I sure coulda used this feature especially since you can't fold the wipers up without doing "turn the wipers on and when they are up turn the truck off" so then what's the point of remote start if I can't do it without putting wipers down.

Either way my questions is, can I add the heated windshield when having to replace the windshield? Like is it plug-n-play for for the defroster(de-icer)? I live in Colorado and have already noticed the build up of Ice in the "parking area" for the wipers and still with defrost on with the remote start it still doesn't do enough especially with below freezing temps all the time and the wipers will chatter and build up with ice.

I've seen some options for heated wiper blades, which would be another good option. Then also seen a kit online for basically a defrost kit to stick the wiper "parking area" but that wouldn't be do-able with the maverick as you can't really access that portion of the windshield inside the truck without removing it.

"automatic heated wiper blades"
https://crystalclearblades.com/products/automatic-heated-wiper-blade-system-1

"wiper parking area defroster"
https://frostfighter.com/clear-view-front-wiper-defrosters.htm

"Rear window defroster"
https://frostfighter.com/pickup-truck-rear-window-defrosters-2.htm
On my 2022- The heated wiper park did not work from the factory - They had to replace the whole engine fuse box since the one circuit that handles the windshield is separate from the heated mirrors although they are supposed to work together and they do now after the repair. There is a few wires and such in the fender that attach to make the magic happen. I think it would be a bit of work to try and make the acoustic window heat that didnt come from the factory. Good luck

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hmm, I forgot the element is in the windshield and I had my windshield replaced last summer. I have a strong feeling the replacement glass does not have the element...

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I know there was talk of it being removed, along with the keypad, but my tracker still shows the Lariat Luxury Package as including the following:
1705336798721.png

Does anyone have a 2024 Lariat that can determine if it is still there or not? Someone in a FB group posted the picture of their windshield showing that it was heated, but I think they had a 2023. Looks like it will be clear on the windshield label.

2023 heated windshield.jpg
They did remove Windshield Wiper DeIcer from the Luxury Packages. Windshield has nothing to do with the Wiper DeIcers. The windshield in the picture is for the Laminated Glass not heated windshield.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They did remove Windshield Wiper DeIcer from the Luxury Packages. Windshield has nothing to do with the Wiper DeIcers. The windshield in the picture is for the Laminated Glass not heated windshield.
Now I'm confused. Tim is my go-to source. BUT, my 2023 Lariat Lux has the sympol that looks like heat on its laminated windshield, but my 2024 Lariat (Lux) has a laminated windshield but does not have the symbol. I assumed that icon WAS the heated stripe.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now I'm confused. Tim is my go-to source. BUT, my 2023 Lariat Lux has the sympol that looks like heat on its laminated windshield, but my 2024 Lariat (Lux) has a laminated windshield but does not have the symbol. I assumed that icon WAS the heated stripe.
I respectfully disagree with Tim. This IS the symbol for the heated windshield, also not present on my MY24 Lariat (w/lux).

HRG

Ford Maverick DID Ford remove the heated windshield wipers on the 2024 Lariat? Mav heated windshield.JPG
Sponsored