Sponsored

DID Ford remove the heated windshield wipers on the 2024 Lariat?

Buckshot62

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT EB AWD ordered 12/19/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick DID Ford remove the heated windshield wipers on the 2024 Lariat? 2024 Maverick changes

right side of page 3rd line up from bottom.
Sponsored

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
It does say the same on my 2024 Lariat order.... Ford never removed it from the Lariat package.
This was from my order before it arrived last week:
1706130333070.png
I didn't realize we were talking about Canada and not the USA. USA order guide deleted the Windshield Wiper DeIcer for 2024.

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I did the build a few weeks ago. Definitely after the MY24 dropped and after my order was rolled over by my dealer. I reopened the saved build yesterday and took the screen capture.
Oh, if that is on Ford's Build and Price I wouldn't be surprised. They do have errors on there.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't realize we were talking about Canada and not the USA. USA order guide deleted the Windshield Wiper DeIcer for 2024.
No, this was from my order tracker online. It is/was a US order. Since it is now delivered, I cannot get this screenshot any more. I know the order guide said it was deleted, but also the vehicle description (below the tracking dates) still showed it as coming.

Anyone else still waiting for a 2024 Lariat can go to the tracker and expand the vehicle information at the lower portion of the screen. Mine was still saying this (my picture above) 2 weeks ago, which is why I started the thread to ask which was right (before mine was delivered).

My 2024 Lariat is now here and there is no deicer, just like the product change sheet says. Ford has just not corrected the contents of the Lariat package it displays on your order tracking page.

Bigred

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel, 2024 Maverick Lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still shows up on my Lariat package. I’ll know in a few weeks.

Ford Maverick DID Ford remove the heated windshield wipers on the 2024 Lariat? IMG_1533

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
No, this was from my order tracker online. It is/was a US order. Since it is now delivered, I cannot get this screenshot any more. I know the order guide said it was deleted, but also the vehicle description (below the tracking dates) still showed it as coming.

Anyone else still waiting for a 2024 Lariat can go to the tracker and expand the vehicle information at the lower portion of the screen. Mine was still saying this (my picture above) 2 weeks ago, which is why I started the thread to ask which was right (before mine was delivered).

My 2024 Lariat is now here and there is no deicer, just like the product change sheet says. Ford has just not corrected the contents of the Lariat package it displays on your order tracking page.
I have found over the years that the order guide is the most accurate when it comes to how the vehicles will be equipped.

Sponsored

jphii

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So what happens now that I have some rock chips in my windshield after a 1700 mile trip? I certainly want it replaced with the same heated windshield.

OP
OP
BradnChristine

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So what happens now that I have some rock chips in my windshield after a 1700 mile trip? I certainly want it replaced with the same heated windshield.
Shouldn't be a problem...you have the existing wiring. You just have to make sure the installer knows it needs to be replaced with a heated windshield...and it is easy to see on the Ford windshield.

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2023 Lariat built in July 23. I saw no markings on my windshield anywhere like the pictures show. It does say SoundScreen on the passenger side. At 36 degrees outside I remote started the truck and after a few minutes I touched the mirrors...could feel the heat on the glass and then touched the windshield where the wiper blades were resting. They were warm too...not hot but I could feel heat in just that small inch or two area where the wipers rest. So my 2023 has a heated windshield although there are no markings on it as shown in the previous posts. The heated seats, mirrors, steering wheel and windshield all automatically come on when I remote start it when temp appears to be 40 or below.

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yeah, it’s still listed there too! I guess only time will tell. I am expecting delivery mid March. Not a deal breaker by any means. :D
Ford Maverick DID Ford remove the heated windshield wipers on the 2024 Lariat? IMG_0066
:D

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
So yeah I'm guessing none of you clicked on this before building your Maverick......Let me guess it.... was the dealers fault for not telling you.

Ford Maverick DID Ford remove the heated windshield wipers on the 2024 Lariat? disclosures
Sponsored