Sponsored

Dear Ford. It's Me, Bob. My Maverick died today.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For future reference, my truck is a hybrid. My build date was the week of March 14th. From what I can tell, build date doesn't matter...this isn't poor QC, it's a design flaw.

And for the record, overall I think the truck is AWESOME. However...

@Ford Motor Company : Don't make fools out of all the people that trusted your company and bought your new line of vehicles. Problems happen- a hybrid vehicle is a complex system. Now it's your turn to step up, fix the issues, and show that your company is trustworthy and better than the competition.
The usual suspect in cases like yours is a faulty cable. Not a design flaw.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This forum can't really be used to judge the scale of this problem. We'd need to know how many Maverick hybrids were produced and how many have presented with this problem to know for sure how big of an issue this is. I suspect it is a very very small percentage.
True we don’t know how big the issue is but we see new posts weekly about the issue. Its bigger than just a few bad builds…

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
True we don’t know how big the issue is but we see new posts weekly about the issue. Its bigger than just a few bad builds…
Everyone with a major problem tends to post about it so there is a selection bias. But it's worth watching out for.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless there is a crash, fire or a death it usually takes many thousands to report an issue before you might get a recall

That is why it’s critical to report issues like these to the government so there is a paper trail and motivationto fix on Fords dime.
IMO it's one of the reasons there is a ford rep posting here asking for information. They use the forums as an early warning system and roll out fixes before it becomes a big issue. Especially with a new model they will likely be pretty vigilant for this sort of thing. It could come down to something simple like a guy on the second shift wasn't trained right and was putting the cables in using the wrong fasteners.

Sponsored

rmay635703

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 360, Comutacar, Honda Insight, Dodge Ram
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like that Ford is being proactive

But I’ve owned “other” vehicles that have the same expensive problem 100% of the time but some examples managed to make it out of warranty first (like mine). Because people didn’t speak up each time it fails repairing it falls on my dime each time it happens.

Stupid problems that could become a safety problem
especially during the warranty period rarely are reported, even some that are severe.

My view is if something electrical, brake or fuel related happens, even if it seems moderately minor, I report it.
If more did some of these “problems “ that seem to reoccurre across generations and models might get more attention from the factory in the first place.

As a consumer I don’t always realize how serious (or not serious) a problem might be or could when it happens so I error on the side of caution.

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’M OUT. Ordered hybrid Lariet, Lux pkg, CP 360 Sept 1st and still nothing. Never received this so called email last week. My dealer won’t answer my calls. IM OUT. FORD IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS START COMMUNICATING. WE ARE DROPPING LIKE FLIES. ITS NOW 10 moths later and I can be pretty SURE MY BUILD WILL GET PUSHED TO 23.
NO FREAKIN WAY. I have never purchased a Ford in the past and as of now I will never purchase a Ford in the future.
Hmmmm new account, total of one post.... Handle suggests female but post very much comes across male... and a Troll.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
cheap alterternative materials, cheap alternative sources and add to that 1.5 sigma of design tolerances.

wallah there you have it... cool looking product with compromised internals

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I absolutely love my little Maverick, and was hoping this hybrid charging thing was something I would avoid.

I just passed 3000 miles this weekend and all was awesome. Then, I had just pulled out of a parking lot near my home, and I was about a 1/2 mile down the road doing 35 mph when the truck died. The a/c blower was still working, no warning messages, no dimmed dash lights- it just started to slow down without power. I pulled over, turned the key to the OFF position, then restarted the vehicle. After a few seconds, the ICE started. I didn't have anything plugged into the power outlets/USB. I have not added any power accessories to the bed.

I arrived at home, spent a few minutes unloading our bicycles. When I opened the driver's door, the key-in-ignition warning sound was oddly distorted, as if the voltage or current was too low.

I checked for error messages- none. I checked the battery voltage: the battery reads a little over 12v when the ignition is off, 14+ when running. I drove the vehicle around town to see if I could reproduce the symptoms, but no.

I will call my dealer after the holiday. It would be an understatement to say that I'm not pleased with Ford Motor Co. right now.

Now I can't trust my 2 month-old vehicle. If the power had died on the interstate (where I frequently drive) I would have been in an unsafe situation. There is obviously a defect in your product.
OK I cannot stop laughing the thread title got to me big time. "Hello Ford this is Bob......". So now if anything happens and I have to take it in I will be tempted to say "I do not know what happened I just "Bobbed" it and wait anxiously for them to nod multiple times😂😂😂. Hope it works out for you I have been getting apprehensive as I have almost 4,000 miles on my first one.

FordChauffeur

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition Limited EL
I remember everybody telling me I was wrong that the hybrid would be less reliable due to two power systems, a new system for Ford etc...dont think theres any question anymore.
I think any vehicles built during the pandemic can have issues. Manufacturers were short handed and under pressure to produce cars, which means short cuts were taken and mistakes were made, all due to unrealistic goals set by the auto companies. As the pandemic eases, these problems should lessen. It isn't just Ford. My employer bought 2 brand new GM suvs a year ago and both have been in and out of the dealership repair shops.
These manufacturing errors should lessen as the pandemic eases up.

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think any vehicles built during the pandemic can have issues. Manufacturers were short handed and under pressure to produce cars, which means short cuts were taken and mistakes were made, all due to unrealistic goals set by the auto companies. As the pandemic eases, these problems should lessen. It isn't just Ford. My employer bought 2 brand new GM suvs a year ago and both have been in and out of the dealership repair shops.
These manufacturing errors should lessen as the pandemic eases up.
Yes, COVID did a job on manufacturing, as for it easing up, yes for the newly made but those problems of the pre-builds may last as long as those vehicles are on the road.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
So, like one a week. Two a week?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTF are you going on about?

You bought a truck, you got a warranty.

Ford will fix the truck under warranty.

What more do you people feel entitled to?

@Ford Motor Company : Don't make fools out of all the people that trusted your company and bought your new line of vehicles. Problems happen- Now it's your turn to step up, fix the issues, and show that your company is trustworthy and better than the competition.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but like 7 people on this forum have had issues. Ergo- the Maverick is no good.

We have had 0 issues at our dealership and the Service Manager hasn't seen a TSB or recall on the Maverick yet. He has been keeping his eye out for me.

Don't know if the factory is doing anything differently. I'm sure they are aware and have updated their process.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, but like 7 people on this forum have had issues. Ergo- the Maverick is no good.
Don't forget the ones who are walking away due to these electrical issues 🤣
Sponsored