2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I cannot speak for others, but having owned hybrids before the Maverick hybrid, it shouldn't be an issue unless parked for long periods of time. I used to leave my Camry hybrid for a week or more during holidays, never had an issue. Of course it had a good Panasonic AGM battery, unlike the Motorcraft thing in these Fords. Usually the issue with these Maverick Hybrids is the 12v battery, due to poor software programing related to charging.

DokDream

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yet the Ford mechanic is tearing the transmission apart. I didn't know anything about battery types until I started reading this forum thread. Do you suppose it was a battery problem? Doesn't make much sense, though.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yet the Ford mechanic is tearing the transmission apart. I didn't know anything about battery types until I started reading this forum thread. Do you suppose it was a battery problem? Doesn't make much sense, though.
I cannot speak to your specific case, just that many people with no start issues here were due to 12v battery issues.

Sponsored

DokDream

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cannot speak to your specific case, just that many people with no start issues here were due to 12v battery issues.
I was able to see the mechanic today. I actually needed a tool box which remained in the Maverick, and while fetching it, the mechanic and I talked. It appears he has NOT been tearing apart the transmission. He is going through things methodically, bit by bit. He said he had just finished another Maverick, for the same problem, but a different cause. I told the mechanic your point about the battery types. He frowned: He said nothing in the service manuals suggested that point. He thanked me for bringing to his attention this forum. I wonder what else the service adviser has NOT been telling the mechanic?

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad it was an easy fix.
Not many young people today know what a screen door is let alone the spring. :)