Dead battery

Austinmike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick hybrid
Hello all I got a maverick hybrid with 4,000 miles it’s a lariat I went to start it and had no power so I put a charger on it and jump started it drove a round for 30 miles and came home and tryed to start it again with no luck jump started it again and took it to the dealer

any one else have this problem
Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve read about a couple of them on here, but there’s been tens of thousands of them built, so it seems pretty rare. Still under warranty?

OP
OP
Austinmike

Austinmike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve read about a couple of them on here, but there’s been tens of thousands of them built, so it seems pretty rare. Still under warranty?

OP
OP
Austinmike

Austinmike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry didn’t mean to post two times it should still be under warranty with only 4,000 miles all stock

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello all I got a maverick hybrid with 4,000 miles it’s a lariat I went to start it and had no power so I put a charger on it and jump started it drove a round for 30 miles and came home and tryed to start it again with no luck jump started it again and took it to the dealer

My EB battery died at 1500 miles. I only drive on weekends and I think the Ford Pass app drained it during the weekdays it doesn't get driven. Turned off the app (in the car) and have not had an issue in 2 months.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Lucarl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT hybrid, Mazda CX-50, Jeep wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'm having the same problem. Took delivery in mid March and have had to have it jumped 3 times already. The dealer replaced the battery after the second time and then this morning-dead again. I'm afraid to drive anywhere for fear of coming back to a dead vehicle.

• Sad
Reactions: Aza

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm having the same problem. Took delivery in mid March and have had to have it jumped 3 times already. The dealer replaced the battery after the second time and then this morning-dead again. I'm afraid to drive anywhere for fear of coming back to a dead vehicle.
Portable battery jump starters should be mandatory equipment with every new vehicle. They are an inexpensive way to save the day. Something like this should mitigate your fear: Michelin High-Capacity Portable Jump Starter and Power Bank | Costco

Lucarl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT hybrid, Mazda CX-50, Jeep wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Portable battery jump starters should be mandatory equipment with every new vehicle. They are an inexpensive way to save the day. Something like this should mitigate your fear: Michelin High-Capacity Portable Jump Starter and Power Bank | Costco
I understand your comment, but my point is that you shouldn't have to constantly worry if your practically brand new truck is going to start. I don't want to be at a rest area somewhere after dark alone and have to jump start my truck just because I had to use the restroom.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand your comment, but my point is that you shouldn't have to constantly worry if your practically brand new truck is going to start. I don't want to be at a rest area somewhere after dark alone and have to jump start my truck just because I had to use the restroom.
I am in 100% agreement with you, and I didn’t mean to sound like I was even slightly discounting the issue. Rather, I was just suggesting that a jump pack would give you some piece of mind until Ford fixes your truck. Further, they are great to have even with a fully functional vehicle, for those times when something goes wrong.

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid