First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And as of yesterday they are recalling 2.9 million vehicles that can roll away when put into park.... Not a good month for Ford right now....
Toyota offered to buy back their ev because they couldn't figure out how to keep the wheels from falling off.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I try to be helpful, thanks for including me with the famous Tim!

I don't think that the part availability affects when a recall is issued.... It isn't uncommon for recalls to be announced long before parts are available. So that part isn't true.

My suspicion is that they are trying to determine the exact range of vehicles that should be included in any TSB for FSA (i.e. recall). When they do publish TSBs & FSAs to dealers, they are VIN specific. They only show up on VINs that are eligible (based on build date).

I checked on my own hybrid Maverick (April 2nd build date) and there are no related TSBs. Only 2 TSBs total, one for "seat pan looseness" and one for exterior doors. I also just checked all Maverick TSBs and there are none for this concern.

There is info on the Technical Assistance Center ("Tech Hotline") about the issue. So if you has a dealer who hasn't heard of the issue, or is just testing the battery, you can direct them to check that out. The Ford forum for technicians and warranty also has info on this issue.

There is no way that I know if to look up information on a yet-to-be-announced recall. That part of the FB post makes no sense to me.

I suspect that the poster has just mixed up the terminology. I think that the someone at the dealership probably showed them communication from the Tech Hotline. We can access transcripts of successful contacts from other dealerships, and see what the issue was, and what fixed it. This info can be looked up on any Maverick VIN, so that doesn't specify which vehicles are involved.

I do work with warranty claims. Right now, there is no way (that I can think of) where a service department could look up your VIN and see if you are likely to have trouble with this wire harness. I do think that there will be a TSB in the future that will address this, and then we will be able to look this up.

My own hybrid Maverick was built in early April. I am @ 1800 miles and no problems.

Hope this helps some. If I do see anything about this issue where there is a range of vehicles identified, I will post here to let everyone know!
Hey there thanks for your insider knowledge. At this point is there still no TSB? Only internal tech communications? Mine went into the shop last week.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey there thanks for your insider knowledge. At this point is there still no TSB? Only internal tech communications? Mine went into the shop last week.
You're welcome. That is correct - I just checked, and there is no TSB (or SSM = Special Service Message) about this issue. They will have to search the Global Technical Assistance Center to find messages about this issue.
Hope yours is repaired quickly!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine went totally dead yesterday. My build might have been in January. We didn't receive it until August, though.

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs