First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sucks for people who want their Hybrid quick. I personally added the spray in bed liner to my otherwise stock Hybrid XLT (could care less if its ford or LineX) because I don't want to be an early Hybrid delivery.

I would be willing to bet (and I kinda did by paying extra on the spray in, since a buddy of mine will do LineX for me at cost) that the first hybrids are going to have a fair amount of issues, even if its (hopefully) just in the programing.
Goodness knows the C-Max went through early production teething issues though they eventually got sorted out.
Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
How does that saying go?
"Patience my ass, I'm going to kill something" Hahahaha

At the pace the Hybrids are being built we'll be lucky to be one of the first 100,000
Just sayin'
Yeah, beginning to sound like some of the hybrid build notices may come out with the option to opt for a 2023 EcoBoost within the same timeframe. :LOL:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just heard from my dealer that mine is not scheduling tomorrow. I am not sure what the hold up could be. It is a Lariat in HPR with Luxury and FX4 pkgs. The only add on I have is the soft folding tonneau. I thought maybe the tonneau could be the problem, but dealer said they cant remove it because I am at Priority 2. Order confirmed way back on 6/14. Could the spray in liner that is part of the package be a problem?
I think it's your folding tonneau cover that's your issue. I remember reading somewhere on this forum that tonneau covers were being held up, so many folks ditched them, unfortunately with your priority 2 you're locked in and can't make anymore changes.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tom, not exactly sure what this means. But I am totally amazed by Ford's inadequacies to build vehicles.

I have Spray-In Bedliner as part of a Package on my Hybrid build. I don't believe I can cancel that one piece of the package. I have no desire for a 2.0 EB.

I do NOT want a Dealer Spray-In Bedliner. So I either wait until the cows come home to get my vehicle or delete the complete package that includes it, and still wait because it's a Hybrid.

Or am I over processing this post? Please clarify if you can what exactly this post means. Thanks in advance.
And I am amazed at your negativity and inability to understand you have a preorder, not a production order, for a vehicle that is not even released for sale yet until the 9/15ish time frame and that parts are difficult due to COV shortages and supply chain issues. The day to day ups and downs are irrelevant until the switch is flipped and production is started.

Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look on the bright side ...
... at least it's not delayed until 2023. Those poor Bronco hard tops.

toddedmond

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Camry xse, 05 Mustang, 15 Cruze LT
I need to clarify, mine IS an Ecoboost build. Frustrating when I was the 2nd order at my dealership in the Pittsburgh area and still no build date, when pretty much all builds are Ecoboosts. Regretting selling my 4WD Frontier, I don't want to have to drive a Mustang on snowy/salty roads.

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To hold the trade in, or sell it now, that's the question. Looks like it may be close to year end for the hybrid. Fortunately i ordered it bare, no options, depending on after market

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To hold the trade in, or sell it now, that's the question. Looks like it may be close to year end for the hybrid.
That’s me, I got a solid number for my F150 which I’m supposed sell tomorrow. Then to deal with waiting till year end to see my Hybrid…..I’m rolling the dice.

Sponsored

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To hold the trade in, or sell it now, that's the question. Looks like it may be close to year end for the hybrid.
Used vehicle prices won't stay above normal forever. If you can still function without the trade in for a few months. I'd sell it off while the used market is hot.

Last edited:

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Hard decision. If you sold it, can you make it until the Maverick arrives or do you NEED a vehicle?

We traded the Avalon and my Dodge Dakota truck for the new Lexus. So we have 1 vehicle since May. We are both retired and my plan was to stay at one vehicle. Along came the Maverick and I jumped on it. At some point if it stretches out too long I'll cancel and forget about it. It just makes life easier with 2 vehicles.

Anyway, the answer is staring at you. If the amount makes it worth it and you don't need it, then jump. If not then you have the answer you need. If the amount you are getting for it is substantial then it may be hard to walk away from.

They offered me way more for my Dodge Dakota then it was worth so I traded it. Hope this helps.

ToyotaTurncoat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road
To hold the trade in, or sell it now, that's the question. Looks like it may be close to year end for the hybrid. Fortunately i ordered it bare, no options, depending on after market
That's exactly my dilemma. Already from the beginning of July, average used car prices dropped around $2000, and are expected to continue gradually returning to close to normal. Granted that's average, and I'm selling a Tacoma so that should hold higher value a bit better, but still...

I do have access to a Honda Odyssey that I can borrow for a bit if I need to, but I definitely don't want to sell my truck until I have a production date.

Confirmed earlier with the team Chapman of Horsham that the spray-in is delayed, and within five minutes of my request they had the option removed and a new DORA sent over. Their service so far has been top notch!

bradfordly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look on the bright side ...
... at least it's not delayed until 2023. Those poor Bronco hard tops.
Do you think any of the Maverick orders will be delayed for the 2023 model year?

I heard somewhere that Bronco orders were being pushed to the next model year due to demand.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
That's exactly my dilemma. Already from the beginning of July, average used car prices dropped around $2000, and are expected to continue gradually returning to close to normal. Granted that's average, and I'm selling a Tacoma so that should hold higher value a bit better, but still...

I do have access to a Honda Odyssey that I can borrow for a bit if I need to, but I definitely don't want to sell my truck until I have a production date.

Confirmed earlier with the team Chapman of Horsham that the spray-in is delayed, and within five minutes of my request they had the option removed and a new DORA sent over. Their service so far has been top notch!
Agree, Chapman is pretty quick at getting the orders in or revised.
Sponsored