First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape Titanium, 2014 F-150 Limited, Mustang+
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info. Just purchased for mine as well.
Sponsored

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice. Just out of curiosity, if you just connect the phone with bluetooth without car play/android auto, can you just stream media audio via BT?
Yes that is what I've been doing most often along with the wireless charger

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First of all, understand that I am really OLD... don't even want to know the difference between a dongle and a blue tooth. It's all way over my head.
Hell, I have tons of cassettes and even a couple of 8-Tracks.
Anyway, can anyone tell me if there's a way to play (audio) CD's through the Maverick's existing sound system?... like maybe a dongle or other doo-dad with which I could just plug-in a portable player and enjoy the Beach Boys and stuff???

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Simple question…. There are outlets in the rear of the Maverick…. Will this work if plugged in the back outlets. There will rarely be anyone sitting back there and it will keep my dash area clear for my phone and my kitchen aid blender, should I choose to make a smoothie.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First of all, understand that I am really OLD... don't even want to know the difference between a dongle and a blue tooth. It's all way over my head.
Anyway, can anyone tell me if there's a way to play (audio) CD's through the Maverick's existing sound system?... like maybe a dongle or other doo-dad with which I could just plug-in a portable player and enjoy the Beach Boys and stuff???
There is something like this if you want to play a cd in your car

But it'll be a lot cheaper and more reliable just putting some MP3s on a USB thumb drive and plugging that into the USB port.

OP
OP

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Simple question…. There are outlets in the rear of the Maverick…. Will this work if plugged in the back outlets. There will rarely be anyone sitting back there and it will keep my dash area clear for my phone and my kitchen aid blender, should I choose to make a smoothie.
USB or 12v? There are both in the back. But I wasn't able to get my phone to connect via CarPlay from the back seat.

I do want to try it again, however as I found this in the manual:

Ford Maverick CPLAY2AIR Wireless CarPlay Adapter confirmed to work in Maverick 1634846262212

But then a little further down they talk about change only USB ports.

So right now I have one data point that it didn't work but I am seeing conflicting info in the manual so I am going to try this again to confirm.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Answer is no. Only the USB inputs in the front have data transfer capability. The ones in the back only provide power.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But it'll be a lot cheaper and more reliable just putting some MP3s on a USB thumb drive and plugging that into the USB port.
Or better yet, put the music on your phone and/or use streaming services on the mobile device.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's some examples to get your noodle working on how you might want it setup if you absolutely must have a CD player:

Sponsored

advhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Triumph Street Twin, BMW G650 X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey folks, my Carlinkit CPC200-U2WPlus does not work in the XLT with Ford Audio (which is not the SYNC3 system like the Lariat).

The device powers on and CarPlay permission prompts appear; however, the CarPlay interface nor the Carlinkit interface ever appear. I tried resetting the dongle to defaults and installing all available firmware updates to the dongle but nothing worked. I reported the fault with the built-in reporting tool and hope they can make Ford Audio compatible.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Luckily I'm in the return period from Amazon, this is now $60 after shipping and tax, cheapest I've seen, so I ordered this and the $100 one from Amazon is going back. Remember to uncheck $5 shipping insurance, if it gets lost getting to you its not your problem its the sellers:

https://slickdeals.net/f/15396274-c...yer-mp3-gps-54-92-free-shipping?src=frontpage
Hey folks, my Carlinkit CPC200-U2WPlus does not work in the XLT with Ford Audio (which is not the SYNC3 system like the Lariat).

The device powers on and CarPlay permission prompts appear; however, the CarPlay interface nor the Carlinkit interface ever appear. I tried resetting the dongle to defaults and installing all available firmware updates to the dongle but nothing worked. I reported the fault with the built-in reporting tool and hope they can make Ford Audio compatible.
Good to know, too bad. Are you sure its not a incompatibility with your specific phone and is for sure all standard Ford audio systems?

advhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Triumph Street Twin, BMW G650 X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to know, too bad. Are you sure its not a incompatibility with your specific phone and is for sure all standard Ford audio systems?
Fair question! But my phone is not yet in the picture. The problem is a factory reset Carlinkit CPC200-U2WPlus should normally show a setup screen via its emulated CarPlay which invites you to set up a phone with Wireless CarPlay. (This is how it works with my Jeep.) This first screen never appears. Since someone reported this adapter works with SYNC3 in the Lariat, I suspect it’s something different about the “Ford Audio” units which are different than SYNC3. (No SiriusXM, HD Radio, or built-in voice recognition at least.) Carlinkit has firmware updates to fix issues like this but when I updated a few days ago it still wasn’t enough to get the setup screen to appear.

Brandi

First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer
Android has their own variations. I picked up a Indiegogo project last year called AAWireless. The chip shortage has really made their project hard and not sure if they're still selling them, but the developer is pretty well known on XDA forums. Overall, I've been pretty happy with mine.

Can someone test if Carplay or Android Auto work if you plug the phone into the rear USB ports? For something like a wireless dongle, that'd be pretty sweet to hide the puck back there rather than the center console.
This is cool. But it's too new to my 2016 explorer. Just ordered an external console, supports both Wireless CarPlay and Wireless Android auto from https://carplaysmartbox.com/product...ia-player-with-apple-carplay-and-andriod-auto. Hope this may help...

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is cool. But it's too new to my 2016 explorer. Just ordered an external console, supports both Wireless CarPlay and Wireless Android auto from https://carplaysmartbox.com/product...ia-player-with-apple-carplay-and-andriod-auto. Hope this may help...
I wonder if the screen can be oriented vertically? Maybe turn 90* upright and mount over the useless side screen cubby? Basically extending the existing screen and cover the weird cubby gap. If that fit nicely in that space vertically, I might be game for this option.
Sponsored