First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My take from all the different verdicts of servicing is that I would do best to buy new. I don’t want someones “I serviced every time the light came on” vehicle. We all know everyone gets busy and misses an oil change for a month or two. Then we miss it again, and again, and again. Even though the truck was serviced regularly by 90k miles it’s missed an entire change or two. With 10k mile intervals potentially taking the oil life to zero I think I will pass.

To each there own but I’m sticking to a break in oil change and 5k mile intervals.

plenty of people I talk to love their 10k mile oil changed. They never have an issue either. However, they trade the vehicle after 5 years and the warranty is up. I will keep mind for 15-20 years. Problem cream you slowly.

For the environmental freaks out there, quit being hypocritical. There are thousand of things we each do that are terrible for the environment.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9167

direct injection 'turbo' engine.

why does everyone leave the 'turbo' potion off.

i bet mawfukus in this thread dont even know what oil coking is.
I do. Been driving turbo cars for the past 20 years. My last car was a DI turbo VW with a 10k oil change interval. Changed the oil 8 times in it's life @ 10k each with zero problems. Gasp!

Aren't these motors under warranty in the event of a problem, if you are following the maintenance schedule? Dealer is more likely to deny a warranty claim if the owner is DIY oil changing in their garage.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone who looks at their oil to determine if it needs changed should just stop, you sound ignorant. If you dont send your oil in for oil analysis you are clueless as to what's happening with the oil in your engine.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone who looks at their oil to determine if it needs changed should just stop, you sound ignorant. If you dont send your oil in for oil analysis you are clueless as to what's happening with the oil in your engine.
Now here you go again with pesky facts. Don't you know that some random dude at a gas station said change it early? It's been decided that HE is the authority. Oil analysis is a waste of time, it tells you nothing. Just like blood work at the doctor's office will give you no information at all about your health.

Sponsored

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to point out that if your dipstick has something resembling foamy chocolate milk on it, then yes, you CAN determine something by its appearance. Ask me how I know.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now here you go again with pesky facts. Don't you know that some random dude at a gas station said change it early? It's been decided that HE is the authority. Oil analysis is a waste of time, it tells you nothing. Just like blood work at the doctor's office will give you no information at all about your health.
Its the business i have been in 20+ years. Lol id hope id know alittle something. Oil analysis is life lol.

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
What Mercedes had 7500 intervals? My 2005 had 13,000 mile intervals with it's supercharged I4. I followed those intervals and had the oil analyzed repeatedly all the way to 150,000 miles and the recommendation was always to go longer than 13,000. Never once did Blackstone Labs say to shorten the interval.

My 2009, 2011, 2014, and 2016 Benzes all had 10,000 mile intervals.

I have followed the factory oil change schedule in every car I've ever owned and had them analyzed. From the 13.000 mile intervals in that 2005 Mercedes to the 10,000 intervals in a 2015 Toyota. I have never had an oil analysis on any car of mine, across many brands and intervalls from 7500-13,000, say that I ran it too long. They have always said the oil would have been fine for longer.

We need to break this 1960s-1970s 3,000 mile mindset. It's a waste of money and resources to change oil too frequently
[/QUOTE
Well said. Come on guys. These trucks weren’t built in the 1950s. Why waste money and oil doing unnecessary maintenance? Ford dealers make most of their money from maintenance. Bringing our trucks in every three thousand miles is great for them. Why would anyone think that Ford stretches out the oil change interval and risks warranty settlements and screws their dealers when Ford doesn’t even pay for the oil change? Makes no sense.

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
MLowe05 is spot on. Come on guys. These trucks weren’t built in the 1950s. Why waste money and oil doing unnecessary maintenance? Ford dealers make most of their money from maintenance. Bringing our trucks in every three thousand miles is great for them. Why would anyone think that Ford stretches out the oil change interval and risks warranty settlements and screws their dealers when Ford doesn’t even pay for the oil change?

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in the 5k(ish) crew but at the same time I know life can stretch that a couple K. I don't freak out. I plan to have my EB oil tested sometime this year.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My 2002 Accord with an engine from the mid 90s has a 7500 mile interval.

In 2022, with significant improvements in engines and oil, some folks are recommending 3-5000 miles? Come on, folks. This ain't a Ferrari.

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I get my hybrid I plan on doing it 6000-10000 miles depends on how many electric miles I go

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For the environmental freaks out there, quit being hypocritical. There are thousand of things we each do that are terrible for the environment.
Why? Do the "environmental freaks" think that used motor oil is just disposed into landfills or something, Lol? It's not. One of the things used motor oil is used for is to be converted to fuel for ships.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid