Sponsored

Where to get oil change other than dealer.

Efab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FWD 2.0 EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand every place is different. But im in Nevada and in Reno dealers are busy until weeks ahead. Same as back home in vegas. So whats a good alternative that you guys would trust with our trucks. If i wait few weeks now its gonna take me past 6k since last oil change and dont want that. Gotta drive home to Vegas from reno this weekend and would like to have fresh oil and tires rotated etc.
Thanks.
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There was a Ford Dealer in Tonopah, NV...but my friend says they are TERRIBLE...in case you were tempted to stop there.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went to Firestone. I’d prefer the dealer but they don’t make it easy to just schedule an oil change and tire rotation.

MaverickTopGun

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Quagmire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
..... alternative that you guys would trust with our trucks....
Nobody is as good as a skilled DIYer of course. If you want to take a chance that somebody won't over-tighten the drain plug, or forget a new oil filter, over-fill the sump, all sorts of things we paranoid people don't want to see, THEN you can have it done and check their work (level, no dripping underneath).

For an easier way to get mostly fresh oil in the sump at the 50% Oil-Life-Remaining point in time, or really any time, and you DIY but don't want to crawl underneath, you can order one of those Electric Fluid Pumps off Amazon or might be available at autoparts stores. Any similar brand of these, like this example: ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082TNCJP8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Do your dealerships not have Quicklanes? First come first serve, but all they do is maintenance items.
True, seems like most dealerships, really any brand dealership, has Quickie oil change services. You could even go to a Chevy or Dodge, etc., dealership, and this Maverick (Ecoboost or Hybrid) oil change is not Rocket Science, an easy one to do.

Maybe stop by Walmart and get a Fram Ultra XG3614 oil filter for the Ecoboost (XG3600 for Hybrids) if you go to a non-Ford or non-Lincoln quickie Lube just in case they don't stock the Ford oil filter. They probably all have 5w-30 for the Ecoboost, so you can use their oil, likely do not need to bring your own Walmart Mobil1 5w30.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I understand every place is different. But im in Nevada and in Reno dealers are busy until weeks ahead. Same as back home in vegas. So whats a good alternative that you guys would trust with our trucks. If i wait few weeks now its gonna take me past 6k since last oil change and dont want that. Gotta drive home to Vegas from reno this weekend and would like to have fresh oil and tires rotated etc.
Thanks.
Not Jiffy Lube.
Sponsored