Sponsored

Check engine light @ 2,600 miles, engine air leak?

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well my hybrid Mavs check engine light came on just a mile past 2,600 today. Subsequently received an alert on my app telling me I have an air leak in the engine and I have to go to a dealer. I’m currently on a road trip on an island (no dealers) 2k miles from home and here for another 10 days. Wondering how I’m supposed to get home, can I drive it long distance like that? How long would it take to resolve at a dealer? I’ve had the truck for almost a month and babied it thus far just doing the road trip to stretch it’s legs and it’s been phenomenal up till now. Worried about what this means for the future as I’ve never had a check engine light come on with so few miles before. Any tips out there?

Ford Maverick Check engine light @ 2,600 miles, engine air leak? IMG_7941

Ford Maverick Check engine light @ 2,600 miles, engine air leak? IMG_7942
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well my hybrid Mavs check engine light came on just a mile past 2,600 today. Subsequently received an alert on my app telling me I have an air leak in the engine and I have to go to a dealer. I’m currently on a road trip on an island (no dealers) 2k miles from home and here for another 10 days. Wondering how I’m supposed to get home, can I drive it long distance like that? How long would it take to resolve at a dealer? I’ve had the truck for almost a month and babied it thus far just doing the road trip to stretch it’s legs and it’s been phenomenal up till now. Worried about what this means for the future as I’ve never had a check engine light come on with so few miles before. Any tips out there?

IMG_7941.png

IMG_7942.jpeg

[/QUOT
I would be guessing something with the emissions controls or just maybe the mass flow sensor. There's ways to troubleshoot but this is a new truck. If it was me I'll bet it's a sensor and I would drive it home if it's running well. Or, at least to the nearest dealer. Dealer needs to put it on a machine. Yeah, sucks.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_7941.png

IMG_7942.jpeg
I would check that the hose connecting to the air intake is plugged in and not accidentally pulled back

Sponsored

OP
OP
TooCloseForMissles
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, the engine light went away on its own after about another 40 miles of driving, never even got a chance to put a code reader on it

dunenfool

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is now doing the same. First at 990 miles then went off then on at 1400. Then again at 2200. Any updates on the cause or solution?

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My check engine light is on @9190 miles. I don't read the code yet. I think I will leave it to the dealership when I change the oil next week.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cam, my check engine light came on twice in 2 weeks per this video I posted. Due to 2 different faulty sensors.

UPDATE: P0451 is back 2 days later. Still need to determine the bad sensor or solenoid.

Very helpful video. I had P0496 and then P0451 CEL to follow on my 2022 ECOBOOST. I just replaced the FTPS and it seems to be better so far, but time will tell. I have a friend who has the same issue both within about a week of each other. This is the part I replaced. I would guess these will be an ongoing issue.

The part number on the OEM part is 9U5A 9F945 and the replacement as ordered has the same part number and marked FoMoCo. It is an easy replacement once you remove the underbody panel, below the drives door, to access it. It is on the back side of the charcoal canister. One plug to remove, then twist clockwise approx. 1/8 turn and pull out.

Ford Maverick Check engine light @ 2,600 miles, engine air leak? 1689948729905

Last edited:
Sponsored

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, the engine light went away on its own after about another 40 miles of driving, never even got a chance to put a code reader on it
The DTC should still be recorded even after the light is out. Also check the oil filler cap is tight and that the dipstick is pushed in all the way, both these can set an 'Air Leak' code.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Guessing common issue. Twice in two years on my VW.

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same issue. Did the replacement of these 2 sensors resolve your problem?
Yes Robert, the first was the vapor purge valve under the hood. The second time was due to the fuel pressure sensor inside the gas tank. The Mav was fine, just faulty parts. Now that yours is doing the same, maybe another recall is in the works.
Sponsored