First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I have a fun little story. So I order my XLT Maverick Hybrid pretty early, and it finally came in late December. I was on school break, so I had to wait until January 4th to pick it up. I was super
mpb, The guy that I know that has his Mav in the shop still has no answer. It's been a couple of days and he still hasn't heard back. They did give a loaner car. And this is someone I know thru a friend.
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford stands for FOUND ON ROAD DEAD😂🤣😂
Nope, Fixed Or Repaired Daily. I do find it interesting though that the Chevy trucks come with a heated tailgate up here. Not an option either, standard equip. That way people do not freeze their hands in the winter pushing the truck to the dealership. :D :ROFLMAO:

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Electronics usually fail right away or they just work. That's why most electronics come with a 90 day warranty. Not too surprising to see a sensor bad out of the gate but I hope it's not a pattern.

Best of luck.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I have a fun little story. So I order my XLT Maverick Hybrid pretty early, and it finally came in late December. I was on school break, so I had to wait until January 4th to pick it up. I was super stoked when I finally picked it up! Months of anticipation and scrolling through pics on this forum finally led me to this day! So I finished all the paperwork got the keys and drove to Natomas Area in Sacramento to show it off to some family. I picked my mom up to go to Costco, and as we were leaving from Costco, I saw this "Engine Coolant Over Temperature" alert. Turned into a CEL about 2 miles later, and I have been without a car for over a week. Fortunately it broke down right in front of another dealership, but I missed my cousin's basketball game that night and a whole bunch of other stuff over the week because I've been without a car. Apparently, I have a bad cylinder head temperature sensor. They actually got the new part in yesterday but called me up to tell me that the new part was bad as well, so I have to wait possibly another week before it gets fixed. Drove it less than 50 miles, and it already broke down. My friend said that you know the truck is a Ford because the hood is always up, so I'm really hoping I didn't drop 26K on a total P.O.S. I really hope this pickup doesn't have a million more problems later down the road, because I really had high hopes for it.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg
That sucks and is NOT common. This is what warranty’s are for. Sorry for your problem nonetheless. You’ll get it fixed and drive many many many happy miles. Then you can tell your (jealous) friend you know it’s a Ford because the fuel door stays closed for 500miles or so lol. Also… while the other brand fan-boys are laughing… that $F stock is walking the other car companies

Sponsored

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
New part bad as well? It's a freaking temp. sensor which should have been inspected. Where is the quality control? Might be another issue going on.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope, Fixed Or Repaired Daily. I do find it interesting though that the Chevy trucks come with a heated tailgate up here. Not an option either, standard equip. That way people do not freeze their hands in the winter pushing the truck to the dealership. :D :ROFLMAO:
First On Race Day

OP
OP

mpb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
mpb, The guy that I know that has his Mav in the shop still has no answer. It's been a couple of days and he still hasn't heard back. They did give a loaner car. And this is someone I know thru a friend.
Dang, hopefully he gets his back soon. I just got mine back from the shop yesterday which is great. Hopefully there aren't many more problems to come.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Well, I have a fun little story. So I order my XLT Maverick Hybrid pretty early, and it finally came in late December. I was on school break, so I had to wait until January 4th to pick it up. I was super stoked when I finally picked it up! Months of anticipation and scrolling through pics on this forum finally led me to this day! So I finished all the paperwork got the keys and drove to Natomas Area in Sacramento to show it off to some family. I picked my mom up to go to Costco, and as we were leaving from Costco, I saw this "Engine Coolant Over Temperature" alert. Turned into a CEL about 2 miles later, and I have been without a car for over a week. Fortunately it broke down right in front of another dealership, but I missed my cousin's basketball game that night and a whole bunch of other stuff over the week because I've been without a car. Apparently, I have a bad cylinder head temperature sensor. They actually got the new part in yesterday but called me up to tell me that the new part was bad as well, so I have to wait possibly another week before it gets fixed. Drove it less than 50 miles, and it already broke down. My friend said that you know the truck is a Ford because the hood is always up, so I'm really hoping I didn't drop 26K on a total P.O.S. I really hope this pickup doesn't have a million more problems later down the road, because I really had high hopes for it.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg
Man, that sucks. Hopefully they get you back up and running soon.

Sponsored

Comet71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Comet 71
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Mercury Comet
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check Engine Light "It did its job"

Sorry to hear that .. that's another reason why I'm keeping my maverick original until maverick runs out of warranty.
Good thing you're covered by the warranty. Good luck and keep us posted.

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The guy I know did get his truck back. They replaced a sensor, I don't know yet what sensor. But he said it's fine now.

Reactions: mpb

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonder where the sensor is manufactured?

Possibly the Far East?

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You gotta mean Australia, joking!