First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I had the check engine light come on in my Maverick the other day. I pulled the code and it was a P0451, which seems to indicate an issue with the fuel tank pressure sensor. I cleared the code that morning, then it came back as I left work. I read online that sometimes it can be the capless fuel filler, so I jammed the funnel in a few times to ā€œresetā€ the flap, and then cleared the code.

The light stayed out for a few days, and it even ran a full drive cycle, passing the EVAP monitor, but today as I went to leave from work, the light came back on.

Going to try to make an appointment with the dealer, but getting through to anyone has been a struggle. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
So I had the check engine light come on in my Maverick the other day. I pulled the code and it was a P0451, which seems to indicate an issue with the fuel tank pressure sensor. I cleared the code that morning, then it came back as I left work. I read online that sometimes it can be the capless fuel filler, so I jammed the funnel in a few times to ā€œresetā€ the flap, and then cleared the code.

The light stayed out for a few days, and it even ran a full drive cycle, passing the EVAP monitor, but today as I went to leave from work, the light came back on.

Going to try to make an appointment with the dealer, but getting through to anyone has been a struggle. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone?
Hi there, Ryan. This engine light concern doesnā€™t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

ChrisFe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Hi Ryan! I have the exact same issue with my Maverick. Iā€™m working with my dealer, but no luck so far. Did you end up having this repaired? Was it covered under factory warranty or did you have a third party warranty?

OP
OP
RyanS93

RyanS93

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Ryan! I have the exact same issue with my Maverick. Iā€™m working with my dealer, but no luck so far. Did you end up having this repaired? Was it covered under factory warranty or did you have a third party warranty?
Hi there! I have an appointment currently to have this repaired under factory warranty. The dealer initially misdiagnosed it as the purge valve so I had to take it back and they ordered the fuel tank pressure sensor and charcoal canister. Parts finally came in and will be replaced on Oct. 13.
Sponsored