First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a way to change the behavior of the Driver window with for scan on an XLT with Down /Hold so the window goes down all the way, but since we did not get a Lariat I guess we are missing of the Window Hold/Up feature.. you have to hold it to make it goes up...

I would like to think it is a software thing ...that can just be changed in for scan
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You might need a new switch. The auto down/up has a switch with two stops in each direction, so you can choose whether to go all the way down/up or just partially.

OP
OP

Mikenbrenda

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
well if it takes just getting a new switch i woudl do it, i really miss that from my old car, it had both ways instead of just one

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have door modules (DDM & PDM) listed when FORScan reads them all out? The wiring configuration and operation for with and without are completely different so it may not be as simple as changing the switch.

On vehicles without door modules the motors are directly driven through the switches. On vehicles with the switch just talks to the door modules which actually controls power to the motors.

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a way to change the behavior of the Driver window with for scan on an XLT with Down /Hold so the window goes down all the way, but since we did not get a Lariat I guess we are missing of the Window Hold/Up feature.. you have to hold it to make it goes up...

I would like to think it is a software thing ...that can just be changed in for scan
Unfortunately, it’s just an auto down switch. This is one of the many reasons this truck has a lower MSRP.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have door modules (DDM & PDM) listed when FORScan reads them all out? The wiring configuration and operation for with and without are completely different so it may not be as simple as changing the switch.

On vehicles without door modules the motors are directly driven through the switches. On vehicles with the switch just talks to the door modules which actually controls power to the motors.
Needs the switches, the wiring, and someone actually dedicated enough to adding 1-touch up/down on XL/XLT to put the effort into troubleshooting the mod. So far, many have inquired, none have expressed interest in figuring out what all is needed and giving it a shot.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
well if it takes just getting a new switch i woudl do it, i really miss that from my old car, it had both ways instead of just one
I never knew I wanted it until I got it. My wife's SUV has auto up and down on all four windows. We like it....I want it.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not only would you need a new switch with additional stops to select manual/partial up/down vs automatic fully up/down (with the extra wiring and control module to receive the extra signals), but you would need some sort of feedback so the control module knows when the window is fully up or down (or about to crush an arm/neck) so the control module can know when to stop the motor.

There may already be the force sensing when driving the window up (to save you from trying to cut your kid's arm or head off), but there is no guarantee that the feedback is functional or monitored when lowering the window.

Long-and-short, unless the full window control is set up for auto up/down, it will either be impossible or impractical to re-engineer that feature into the window.

OP
OP

Mikenbrenda

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i believe the hardware is there, it works for down, so it makes sense more to have the same parts and a software turn on...otherwise they have to have extra parts made just for an auto up...makes no sense to me..

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I seem to recall older threads on this subject, i not certain but seem to recall it is an involved task that included wiring, switches and different hardware

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mikenbrenda

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But that would apply as if you had an XL without it built-in already then you would have to add all of that, but being that they’re XLT they already have that hardware built-in

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i believe the hardware is there, it works for down, so it makes sense more to have the same parts and a software turn on...otherwise they have to have extra parts made just for an auto up...makes no sense to me..
It's not. The switches are different. The wiring is potentially different. The motors/regulators in each door are different. 1-touch down uses different hardware than 1-touch up/down.

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
I seem to recall older threads on this subject, i not certain but seem to recall it is an involved task that included wiring, switches and different hardware
The one-touch up/down motor for the Lariat windows does not fit the XL and XLT trim. There's only one-touch down motor for the lower trims that fit, based on the Ford part list:

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2022_Maverick/Power-Window-Motor/98534927/M1PZ9923394A.html

Can it made to be fit for the XLT trim? Probably, but would not bet on it...

OP
OP

Mikenbrenda

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's not. The switches are different. The wiring is potentially different. The motors/regulators in each door are different. 1-touch down uses different hardware than 1-touch up/down.
exactly Ford would not be so stupid to make extra everything that don’t save money
Sponsored