budpalumbo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is something we have to see. I always had vehicle specific scanner so this time is no different.
Mine is 2024 model though.
The problem is that if I turn the parking light on while driving, it does not turn off when engine is shut off. There can be a time when I forget about it and after couple of hours come back to no start.
Whatever, I cannot keep low beam running all the time when the lamp assly is so expensive. When I get extended warranty, it is a diff matter.
Just adding in here, I've never had a "bad" LED in the shop. What fails is either the driver module, or most often the lamps get moisture inside them (they don't get hot like halogen does) and the boards/wiring/terminals rot away. Letting them be on isn't going to end them sooner. I am not a fan of LED lighting. I would much rather put a bulb in every 8 years instead of buying a LED lamp assembly that can't be fixed. And they are cheap on the maverick. I work on euro stuff, they go over $4k regularly to fix.
Sponsored

Greendesert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra GT '14 CRV Hybrid '22 Maverick Hybrid 2024
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can replace led bulbs in my Elantra GT. That is how it should be in this truck too. $1200 each side on a "supposedly" cheaper truck? I don;t know if there are any aftermkt available but that is what needed

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I captured what works on my 2022 XL EB here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/signal-lights-as-drls.28871/post-535584

Briefly: vehicle is started, shifted out of park, the lights go to Auto. In daylight, the front and rear parking bulbs illuminate, but the low beam bulbs stay off. In low ambient light, the low beams will turn on until sufficient light is detected then the low beams turn off.

The behavior could be described as driving off with the light switch in the “parking lamp” position without having to touch the light switch. And the low beams turn on and off as necessary by themselves.

Been working this way for about a year.
yeah this is weird - everyone else doesn’t work and it reverts back, but yours doesn’t? It’s so strange!

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I finally got it to work with some slight modifications. Settings are posted below, can someone validate that they achieve the same results?

Modifications:
  1. Low beam with DRL = Disabled
  2. Left & Right Front Turn Lamp Usage = Turn and DRL
  3. Left & Right Front DRL Usage = Disabled
Results:
  1. Light off mode = No light
  2. Parking lamp mode = parking lamp (dim yellow)
  3. Autolamp mode:
    1. Daytime = Turn signal (bright yellow)
    2. Nighttime = Lowbeam LEDs
  4. Headlight on mode = Lowbeam LEDs and turn signal (bright yellow)
Other Factors:
  1. XL Hybrid
  2. Recent BdyCM module update from service center for grabby-brake issue
    1. I noticed some settings changed changed in effect or options after the update

DRL Settings.JPG

Turn Lamp Settings.JPG
If I forget to turn off my parking lights, my '23 XLT hybrid will chime to remind me of it when I open the driver's door. does yours not behave this way?
L
If I forget to turn off my parking lights, my '23 XLT hybrid will chime to remind me of it when I open the driver's door. does yours not behave this way?
I didn't see anything about low beams covered by the extended warranty...usually consumables like lights aren't covered.

Sponsored

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is something we have to see. I always had vehicle specific scanner so this time is no different.
Mine is 2024 model though.
The problem is that if I turn the parking light on while driving, it does not turn off when engine is shut off. There can be a time when I forget about it and after couple of hours come back to no start.
Whatever, I cannot keep low beam running all the time when the lamp assly is so expensive. When I get extended warranty, it is a diff matter.
I didn't see anything about low beams covered by the extended warranty...usually consumables like lights aren't covered.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So its my first time with forscan, went in there to get familiar with it.

First I changed 'drl to include park lamps' to enable:
drl-include-park-lamps.jpg

Next scrolled down and modified each low beam to be 'low beam only' instead of 'low beam and DRL' (do this for Left Low Beam as well as Right Low Beam):
leftfrontlowbeam_onlylowbeam.jpg
rightfrontlowbeam_lowbeamonly.jpg

Save configuration, and enjoy your lasfit switchbacks plus whatever else you have wired to them :) These come on once you put your vehicle into Drive, they won't be on in Park.
20220426_190047.jpg

I cannot get the DRLs to remain off on my 24 XLT w/lux and copilot 360 when in Drive. Followed steps exactly but no matter what, when I shift into D the DRLs light up. I hoped to use my Lasfit switchbacks as DRLs and they are on, but so are the DRLs.

Sponsored

shipmack

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Lux Pkg 4K COPilot360 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Deweyordeweynot - Follow the link in snowcat87's post above yours. As it states, he found the way and It worked for me.

One tweek, I kept my front turn's as turns only. He had them changed to Turn and DRL which makes them come on in amber. I don't know what happens when turning as he didn't include a video.

Keeping them as turn only and using DRL Include Park Lamps will light your front turn switchbacks as white. They alternate white to amber when turning.

The DRL Include Park Lamps also turns on the rear park lights. The signal doesn't separate front to rear so both will be on. I haven't found a way yet to turn them off.

Iakona

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I picked mine up new just the amber turns were the DRLs. People here told me I was crazy and I was just using the parking lights. When driving in the auto light mode in the daytime the low beams weren't on, just the amber turns. I installed the switchbacks and then just had the white and not low beams. Worked that way for about a month and then it did an update and the low beams were the DRLs. I'd prefer the switchbacks but if I could figure out how to change them they'd probably just change back to the low beams with the next update.
It's too bad you weren't' able to go look at the as built data for the BCM and save it/write it down/take a photo so we could know how it was coded
Sponsored