First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4/Lux/4k/CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So its my first time with forscan, went in there to get familiar with it.

First I changed 'drl to include park lamps' to enable:
Ford Maverick Change XLT parking lights to be the DRL's instead of low beams drl-include-park-lamps

Next scrolled down and modified each low beam to be 'low beam only' instead of 'low beam and DRL' (do this for Left Low Beam as well as Right Low Beam):
Ford Maverick Change XLT parking lights to be the DRL's instead of low beams leftfrontlowbeam_onlylowbeam
Ford Maverick Change XLT parking lights to be the DRL's instead of low beams rightfrontlowbeam_lowbeamonly

Save configuration, and enjoy your lasfit switchbacks plus whatever else you have wired to them :) These come on once you put your vehicle into Drive, they won't be on in Park.
Ford Maverick Change XLT parking lights to be the DRL's instead of low beams 20220426_190047

Ford Maverick Change XLT parking lights to be the DRL's instead of low beams drl-include-park-lamps

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is great info and how this should have been programmed from the factory. The way the XL and XLT use the low beams as DRL looks so stupid to me (that's how I feel about any car that combines low-beam and DRL).

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is a question. I have never used forscan. Do you have to use it connected to a laptop. Thanks

OP
OP
tmoney20g

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is a question. I have never used forscan. Do you have to use it connected to a laptop. Thanks
some sort of computer yes, however i did see they have android/ios downloads as well, but i'd surely use a computer vs mobile.

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
tmoney20g

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it's the next day now, low beams came back on as DRL's along with the parking lights, I'll have to go back in and see what happened.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it's the next day now, low beams came back on as DRL's along with the parking lights, I'll have to go back in and see what happened.
Thanks for the honesty đź‘Ť
Keep us posted, please.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
tmoney.... did you click the 'WRITE' button down near the bottom of the screen?

OP
OP
tmoney20g

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
tmoney.... did you click the 'WRITE' button down near the bottom of the screen?
I'll have to check, maybe I was excited it worked and forgot, but it must have worked if I had success to report. to be continued...

OP
OP
tmoney20g

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yesterday I tried to tackle this again, to no avail. I drove up to a place that had full floor to ceiling glass so I could see which lights were doing what with each change I made, and no matter what combination of things I tried, I couldn't get 'just' the parking lights to be the DRL's.

Maybe someone else smarter than me with forscan knows if some other 'page' is over-riding me telling the low beams to be low beams only.....

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is on my list of forscan things to do as well. My truck is 3-4 weeks away, if not one else can get it by then, I will be chiming in

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yesterday I tried to tackle this again, to no avail. I drove up to a place that had full floor to ceiling glass so I could see which lights were doing what with each change I made, and no matter what combination of things I tried, I couldn't get 'just' the parking lights to be the DRL's.

Maybe someone else smarter than me with forscan knows if some other 'page' is over-riding me telling the low beams to be low beams only.....
I am going to try again today, I could not get them to stick either. There might be more options that need to be enabled/disabled.

Do the lariats only use the top portion for DRL? I am going to download the As built for a lariat and compare the DRL settings.

OP
OP
tmoney20g

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do the lariats only use the top portion for DRL? I am going to download the As built for a lariat and compare the DRL settings.
correct, lariats have the led strip on the top third of the housing as the DRL's, so that's already done for them, just wire accessories/additional lights to that and its' easy peasy

OP
OP
tmoney20g

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am going to try again today, I could not get them to stick either. There might be more options that need to be enabled/disabled.

how'd your "try again" go?

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
how'd your "try again" go?
not very good lol.

There are some other modules that will need configuring for this work. It kind of got pushed down the priority list since I acquired a digital dash so I have been working on the issue of not being able to select drive modes with that along with the MF key in ignition chime being loud AF.

I figure by the time I figure that out, I can get the DRL stuff sorted. I’ve had a pretty good crash course in forscan the past few days.

Ford Maverick Change XLT parking lights to be the DRL's instead of low beams 42C30881-88E9-49F2-B644-EAC6E474B023
Sponsored