Maz307

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anybody know if there is a way to change the order of drive modes using forscan? I have a 2024 Maverick XL hybrid. I don't want to delete any modes, I just want eco to be the first option instead of fourth. I know there is a drive mode selector module, but prefer not to splice in anything. Thanks
Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't even consider it, if what I heard was true. First thing make sure in writing that it won't stop your warranty. Hybrids have a 8yr 100,000 mile warranty, which I wouldn't want to jeopardize JMHO

OP
OP

Maz307

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had your same concerns, for what it is worth, I do have a text from Ford that it doesn't void the warranty.

OP
OP

Maz307

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2024
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely try that and compare. I'm not a fan of how fast it decelerates when coasting in the Eco mode and hadn't even considered that.

Sponsored

MetalsGeek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Yamaha FZ-07
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm always very careful about using any of the modes like Eco or Low that invoke high levels of regenerative braking because the brake lights do not come on. I've been rear ended 3X in my life so far and not looking forward to #4.

dldjtad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely try that and compare. I'm not a fan of how fast it decelerates when coasting in the Eco mode and hadn't even considered that.
Agreed about the deceleration. However, that is on purpose. It is charging the battery even more when it does that.

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Agreed about the deceleration. However, that is on purpose. It is charging the battery even more when it does that.
Correct. I was surprised at the decrease of 'coasting speed' when in Eco, but it's really no slower than a downshift in a stick-shift or a motorcycle. I got used to it and I appreciate how much less braking is needed to slow the trucklet down.

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm always very careful about using any of the modes like Eco or Low that invoke high levels of regenerative braking because the brake lights do not come on. I've been rear ended 3X in my life so far and not looking forward to #4.
I have been downshifting manuals to almost a complete stop and using heavy regenerative braking for decades and have only been rear ended once. And that was because the person stopped behind me and then took their foot off the brake while trying to get a pen that fell in front of the passenger seat.
Sponsored