First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am getting to order a 2023 Maverick and I am getting concerned about all the issues I am reading about. Anyone want to chime in and make me feel more confident about my potential purchase? How many of you are sorry you bought the vehicle.
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am a 22 order holder getting pushed to 23. I ordered in January. Although I am disappointed I have not yet gotten my truck, I think being pushed to 23 is a blessing in disguise. Overall, I believe the Maverick is a great vehicle, but clearly there were some issues. Some have been corrected at the factory and some led to recalls.

This will all get sorted out in time, but I think for 23, there will be far fewer issues. The big issues are known now, being addressed and should be much fewer in year two. I actually feel good about a 23 Maverick, and continue to be eager for my truck. This is said with full knowledge of the known issues, but also a ton of feedback from customers on this forum who absolutely LOVE the Maverick. Thousands upon thousands of satisfied customers can't be wrong.

OP
OP

pgreen1959

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand that with a new line rollout there will be issues. It just seems that the issues are just in one area, they seem to be involving a lot of systems. I hope you are right about the 2nd build year.

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember if your unhappy with it or have tons of problems you aren’t stuck with it. Will still make your money back no problem, so little financial risk.

Sponsored

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every time I drive / use my Mav, I’m glad I bought it. Easy in busy parking lots, the small bed hauls a lot, pleasant ride and steering and for $32k plus tax & license, is simply one of the Best Buy’s I’ve experience. Pick a dealer you like and you will be fine, birthing pains and all.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am getting to order a 2023 Maverick and I am getting concerned about all the issues I am reading about. Anyone want to chime in and make me feel more confident about my potential purchase? How many of you are sorry you bought the vehicle.
Check out one of the enthusiast forums for any competitor model you might be considering.

You're welcome. 🤠

V-blue Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep Cherokee and 2006 F-150 2022 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No regrets. Love it. I've had it 4 months now. I was like you. I placed an order in July 2021. Had plenty of time to read all the horror stories and wonder if I made a good choice. I also have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee, first production year for that build, bought it used in 2016 and read about first year production issues. No regrets with it either.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't live other people's problems.

No remorse here, it's a great truck.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much time would you spend with your Maverick and away from Ram II?

Sponsored

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am getting to order a 2023 Maverick and I am getting concerned about all the issues I electric cars don't have am reading about. Anyone want to chime in and make me feel more confident about my potential purchase? How many of you are sorry you bought the vehicle. Any electric
Eb or ev? If ev, you'll find mechanical issues, loss of elec. range in cold temps below 25 deg. Far., And charging logistical issues. But at least you'll have a gas engine to make up for a lot of it👍 which the electric only cars are missing.😵💫if eb, you'll be fine. Can you tell I'm not a fan of any electric cars?

Last edited:

Larry's Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Xlt 2.0 Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not sorry, I bought my Maverick.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Going on 9 months with my Maverick. Zero issues. Fun to drive and versatile as hell. Absolutely no regrets. Best vehicle for the money in my opinion.

Ford Maverick Buyers Remorse? 3A2049A6-04DB-4F1B-894F-95F1C42227C7