First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lost count...about 12.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am getting to order a 2023 Maverick and I am getting concerned about all the issues I am reading about. Anyone want to chime in and make me feel more confident about my potential purchase? How many of you are sorry you bought the vehicle.
I will have had the Maverick (XLT, Lux, CP360, FWD, EB) exactly two months tomorrow. It has 8200ish miles today...will have about 8500 by the end of the day tomorrow. I routinely drive 650 miles in a day. with no unexpected discomfort or fatigue.

Fuel economy to date is at just under 29mpg. The car has been really good so far.

I did a break in oil change at 1500 miles and set the sample to the lab. Everything looks good. Changed it again at 5000 miles, and will use a 5000 mile interval based on extensive experience with GDI turbo motors. 10K is too many miles in these motors. Compared to some of my other cars, the care and feeding of this is very simple, which I appreciate.

Overall, I'm very happy with the Maverick and would buy it again. I would encourage you to bear in mind that these forums are largely where the unhappy go to bitch. For each post on here about "my Maverick caused my dog to run off with my wife and then caught on fire" thread there are hundreds of owners happily motoring about with no problems. Unfortunately, motoring about with no problems doesn't make for very good content and engagement.

The odds are in your favor that you will not regret your purchase. Hell..you might even be happy about it!

Good luck with your decision!
Sponsored

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was just posting about this in the Ranger forums.
I started having Orderer's Remorse just a day after I signed the order sheet. Now I'm over here in the Maverick forums to help keep my mind off my Ranger order. :)

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am getting to order a 2023 Maverick and I am getting concerned about all the issues I am reading about. Anyone want to chime in and make me feel more confident about my potential purchase? How many of you are sorry you bought the vehicle.
Love my Mav, hate Ford's quality control and my dealers inspection process. I have a few panels that need repainting and that makes me really sad. Ford will cover some of them, and not others. Though honestly the damage is so extremely minimal, I'm probably going to not fix the 22 and order a 23 and hope for better luck next time.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I will have had the Maverick (XLT, Lux, CP360, FWD, EB) exactly two months tomorrow. It has 8200ish miles today...will have about 8500 by the end of the day tomorrow. I routinely drive 650 miles in a day. with no unexpected discomfort or fatigue.

Fuel economy to date is at just under 29mpg. The car has been really good so far.

I did a break in oil change at 1500 miles and set the sample to the lab. Everything looks good. Changed it again at 5000 miles, and will use a 5000 mile interval based on extensive experience with GDI turbo motors. 10K is too many miles in these motors. Compared to some of my other cars, the care and feeding of this is very simple, which I appreciate.

Overall, I'm very happy with the Maverick and would buy it again. I would encourage you to bear in mind that these forums are largely where the unhappy go to bitch. For each post on here about "my Maverick caused my dog to run off with my wife and then caught on fire" thread there are hundreds of owners happily motoring about with no problems. Unfortunately, motoring about with no problems doesn't make for very good content and engagement.

The odds are in your favor that you will not regret your purchase. Hell..you might even be happy about it!

Good luck with your decision!
I remember when I was in a phone tech forum and someone said something similar. So they started an 'I'm having no problems with my phone today' thread. That thread ended up being the longest thread in the forum. :)

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I remember when I was in a phone tech forum and someone said something similar. So they started an 'I'm having no problems with my phone today' thread. That thread ended up being the longest thread in the forum. :)
We have a thread similar to what you are describing 🤣🤣

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great question to ask if you have not received your Maverick. I know some have had issues, but I've had none. I have an XL 2.0 EB, Moonroof, Hitch, 120V Outlet, Spray-in Bed Liner, Ford's Soft Roll up Tonneau Cover, Co-Pilot 360, Full Size Spare, Bug Screen, VSS with remote start, and a SiriusXM Commander Touch. Except for cruise, this truck is feature rich enough for me and I can't complain about the MSRP.

I'm currently working on adding a subwoofer and rear speakers, and soon an amp. So that should tell you that I'm not really satisfied with the audio in the XL, but it's something I could live with and the same goes with cruise.

Issues for me are not worth mentioning, but what-the-heck. 1) I love the idea of setting a max speed, but I don't like the ever present warnings that I'm approching top speed. I KNOW THAT! 2) Insistent seat belt warning when my wife is fooling around before fastening her belt. We live on a private lake with a one lane road with a 15 Mile an hour speed limit. When I set up the cruise in Forscan, I'm going to look at disabling some warnings.

That's it for me. I'm extremely pleased to be in a small truck again. I went through Silverados, Sierras, F150s, and Ram 1500s since having a small truck. I was ready for the Maverick. Thank you Ford!

If I had it to do all over again, simply, I would.👌🏻

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
😄 Forums will make any vehicle sound like a ticking timebomb that is about to catastrophically fail on you.
The Maverick is relatively stripped down and light on any experimental tech (think the opposite of the flagship BMW 7-series, showcasing the future tech that will trickle down the lineup in the coming years).
It’s just a car. See it as a Corolla or Ford Escape.
And don’t forget it has a warranty and roadside assistance. If you need a longer warranty for peace of mind, Hyundai is the leader.
If you simply can’t afford to deal with any vehicle issues, then wait a few more years for any bugs to be ironed out with production process.
For what I paid and the fuel economy I see, I don’t regret it, but I’m not so important. No lives will be lost if my truck won’t start. So far no issues though.
If you are important to an organization or company that requires you to always be on time, maybe it’s too big a risk, especially seeing the millions of super scary posts on here.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've been waiting over 10 months now and I've been on different forums and talked to almost a dozen owners I've run across here in Chicagoland. Everyone loves their Maverick. Naturally, people with issues (myself included) would be the loudest coming through. Can't blame them. But I'm probably going to get converted to a '23 and it's a good thing. The growing pains have been addressed even if there is a problem dealers are better able to deal with it. I'm having trouble waiting to convert and I can't wait to get my new Maverick. Wondering if I should add that 360 and if it might cause additional delay.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d do it again, even after waiting 11 months, 3 days, 2 hours and 12 minutes

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bought a first model year car in 1990, a Saturn. I heard about some troubles but didn't experience any. Sold it to a friend with 170k miles on it. No real issues (bad starter@140) the whole time.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Surprisingly one of my few purchases that I don't have buyers remorse! I got it for 750 below MSRP, got to use x plan and was given a fantastic price on my trade in.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’d do it again, even after waiting 11 months, 3 days, 2 hours and 12 minutes
So. I'm at 10 months, 2 days. Looks like a race to conversion day. But, it's gotta happen soon. Was yours a hybrid?

zakstang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I absolutely love my mav.....besides the various mustangs I have owned my mav is the best vehicle/daily driver/work truck I have ever had....Ive had various pickups and tahoe/suburbans and this mav is my favorite....zero issues with it and zero regrets...

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love my Mav, hate Ford's quality control and my dealers inspection process. I have a few panels that need repainting and that makes me really sad. Ford will cover some of them, and not others. Though honestly the damage is so extremely minimal, I'm probably going to not fix the 22 and order a 23 and hope for better luck next time.
Pics ?
Sponsored