First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So. I'm at 10 months, 2 days. Looks like a race to conversion day. But, it's gotta happen soon. Was yours a hybrid?
Yes it is. Very happy…
Sponsored

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I can get pictures of the scratches, I couldn't get one of the dust specs to show up, but the dealer sure agreed that existed. Maybe I need to drag out my DSLR+polarized filter.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine spent a week at the dealer and it's very likely affected by the coming recall. I am still mores satisfied with it than any other vehicle I've owned. Not only did I get exactly what I've wanted since about 1989, but I don't feel at all like I overspent.

Handles great, plenty of power, tons of nice tech features and it's still pretty good on gas.

No regrets at all.

MetalThunder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
MetalThunder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost AWD Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To Each Their Own
Love my Maverick !

Cheers

Sponsored

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You know, working at a dealership you tend to see a lot of the bad in a brand's vehicles. So far I've not seen any Mavericks in for anything more than a recall or routine maintenance. I'm sure in time there will be something, but so far it has a better record than the Bronco.

DIYDad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am getting to order a 2023 Maverick and I am getting concerned about all the issues I am reading about. Anyone want to chime in and make me feel more confident about my potential purchase? How many of you are sorry you bought the vehicle.
No regrets here. Like many others have said, the maverick provides many advantages over the few disadvantages that have been pointed out. Every new model has bugs to work out (including recalls, QC issues). Mine had a very slight imperfection in the paint on the front bumper but I still took delivery because having it was better than not having it.

If it ends up giving me problems, I’ll probably have no problem selling it.

The 8 speed automatic in the Ecoboost is pretty smooth with impressive amounts of torque (I also have a modded WRX). I’ve got about 25-27 mpg in mixed driving here in the Bay Area. Pretty dang good if you ask me.

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only regret I have is the color. I should have gotten Cactus Grey instead of Area 51.

Sponsored

Austun316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xl
I am getting to order a 2023 Maverick and I am getting concerned about all the issues I am reading about. Anyone want to chime in and make me feel more confident about my potential purchase? How many of you are sorry you bought the vehicle.
To have buyers remorse you'd actually have had to buy one

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The majority of maverick drivers are enjoying the truck driving it and no longer spend much time on this forum…
you will regret not ordering it sooner
I certainly spend less time reading here in the past few months since getting my mav. Especially since it went from a place of excitement and sharing of new discoveries about the vehicle to a place to bitch and moan.

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I certainly spend less time reading here in the past few months since getting my mav. Especially since it went from a place of excitement and sharing of new discoveries about the vehicle to a place to bitch and moan.
That being said and forgetting the main question….
No regrets. Love my little truck. Have put it through a lot of the past few months and can do nothing but smile and gloat.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get buyer’s remorse when I spend $3.99 on a cup of Ice Cubes chewing gum. I’m THAT cheap.

I’ve never bought a vehicle and NOT had buyer’s remorse to some degree…until now. I’ve only had my Maverick XLT Hybrid for 6 weeks, but I don’t regret buying it one bit. Not even a little. It’s comfortable, perfectly sized, has more than I need, has excellent acceleration, and is averaging 40 mpg (would be higher except long trips to Disney & SC only get 37 mpg).

There may come a day when something goes wrong or some issue makes me have regrets, but after 6 weeks and two payments, I still don’t have one regret about buying it; and I’m one of the cheapest guys I know.
Sponsored