Sponsored

Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts?

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the biggest problem with this image is that color looks to be Avalanche Grey which is Tremor exclusive for 23
Looks like oxford white to me just sayin' 🤟🏻
Sponsored

wblynch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i want the BAP mostly for the headlights and taillights. The black seats are interesting too. But I was hoping the plastic panels and trim would be black instead of blue. There is still a ~slim~ chance that the blue parts will be black. We won’t really know until we get actual pics. Overall the price is a cheat because we know that black fabric costs no more than blue/gray fabric and the cost difference for the wheels is minuscule at manufacturing time.

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is still a ~slim~ chance that the blue parts will be black.
I still think this is very unlikely. We may not have interior photos, but the order guide says the primary interior color is Navy Pier for all trim levels/packages of the Maverick. BAP just gets different accent panels like the Tremor. BAP also has the same trim color code as the Tremor, which we have interior photos showing it still has the blue.

I also just want the headlights of the BAP/Tremor (and a lesser degree the taillights), but I like the XLT interior (two tone on the seats isn't perfect, but I like the rest of it). I'm just hoping that down the line the headlights can be found for cheaper than the current cost of Maverick replacement headlights

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? MaverickInterior

JarrJarr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Sure, $1,645 is worth it when comparing it to the cost of adding all the BAP items separately after the truck is built. The exterior items wouldn't be that difficult to swap out but I imagine the interior would be since there's multiple trim pieces. I do see why people say it's a "bargain" when looking at it from this perspective.

The original question though was about the value of the BAP on a Lariat factory order.

Lariat buyers are paying $3,500 to go from the XLT to Lariat, which includes the 18" wheel upgrade, Leather Seats, LED headlights/taillights, body colored door handles, body colored mirror caps, silver grille, plus all the rest of the items of course.

I don't know what the break down of all the extras is, but the point is when paying the $3,500 you are getting extra items over the XLT, which makes it "worth it". Apart from the black wheels in the BAP (~$795 upgrade), they are literally swapping out the items that you have paid extra for body colored with black colored ones and making you pay ~$850 to do that.

I'm guessing that someone at Ford has just overlooked the pricing of the BAP on the Lariat. I don't think the price for the BAP should be the same for the XLT and Lariat.

The $1,645 BAP makes more sense on the XLT as the exterior parts are not painted and you would be paying to have black painted ones i.e. you are getting something extra here. Also you are going from 17" XLT wheels to 18" BAP wheels in the same $1645 price. On the Lariat you have just paid extra to get the 18" wheels and are paying again to get the BAP wheels.

As an example, if you look at the BAP on the Ranger it gives you the 18" black painted wheels, spray in bed liner, and black running boards. These items alone make the BAP worth the price and the rest of the blacked out parts are just a bonus.

The BAP on the Lariat should have a black roof or spray in bedliner or something extra to make it worth the $1,645 cost.
Ya know, that's a pretty good point haha

Sponsored

WhiskeyDad69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Exped XLT / 2018 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It has ARRIVED
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? BAP interior 2
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? BAP interior
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? Mav BAP
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? BAP interior 2

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? BAP interior
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? Mav BAP
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? MAV BAP 4
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? MAV BAP 3
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? MAV BAP 5
Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? MAV BAP2

WhiskeyDad69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Exped XLT / 2018 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So the grill bar and emblems don't get the black treatment?
Best I can see it appears the emblem may be black but not sure. But after looking at this I'm glad I went this route.

MikeA131

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Best I can see it appears the emblem may be black but not sure. But after looking at this I'm glad I went this route.
Well yeah it looks killer, but I was just under the impression the emblems and grill bar were going to be black as well, wonder about the FX4 logo too

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think it is black. Its an error in the configurator. I had it on the Atlas Blue and it showed gray, but after playing around with it, I got it to come up black.

Ford Maverick Black Appearance Package - Any interior pictures? Thoughts? bap.JPG

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well yeah it looks killer, but I was just under the impression the emblems and grill bar were going to be black as well, wonder about the FX4 logo too
Order guide says BAP and fx4 are not able to be ordered together. Site may be wrong.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the interior dash and hard trim still blue with the BAP?
Does the BAP seats in the Lariat have orange stitching?

DentedFrood

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Hatch
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the interior dash and hard trim still blue with the BAP?
Does the BAP seats in the Lariat have orange stitching?
Yes, it keeps the Navy interior pieces, those apply across all trims
No, it should not have orange stitching, that's Tremor specific

jim13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The info tab shows the black grill bar (as did the original render) along with front/back Black Edition ford logos.

Wheels/Front and back Ford logo/ door handles/ grille/mirrors/interior accents/seats/headlight/taillight
Sponsored