First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been very happy with Access bed cover, super small water intrusion at car wash, none rain. Around $500.
Which cover did you get from Access? I have the Lorado ready to install once I get my Maverick, hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Sponsored

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the link for the one I got, almost 5 star reviews.

Amazon Link

It's 199 but "click on the coupon below the price and it takes $40 off at checkout" making it $159

Here are some pics of mine. Also it has 3 thick square cross bars compared to fords 2 crossbars see pic.

Also like the black clamps vs silver that many come with.

20230318_103352.jpg

20230318_103634.jpg

20230318_103652.jpg

20230318_103732.jpg
Awesome - that was actually already in my Amazon "Maverick" list! Glad I chose well, and I agree, the black clamps are more subtle. Appreciate the firsthand review!

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not much in the way of security for a soft top. I'll be looking for a hard cover for our Mav as we plan to flat tow and will use the bed for things we don't want in the motorhome. So water leaks is not a huge concern.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is the link for the one I got, almost 5 star reviews.

Amazon Link

It's 199 but "click on the coupon below the price and it takes $40 off at checkout" making it $159
Just ordered it. I'm still probably 3 months away from delivery, but screw it, I'm committed to the Maverick now, and with good reviews plus your write up - and $40 off - might as well jump on it. Thanks again!

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just ordered it. I'm still probably 3 months away from delivery, but screw it, I'm committed to the Maverick now, and with good reviews plus your write up - and $40 off - might as well jump on it. Thanks again!
I did the same thing, ordered before Mav showed up. That exact Tonneau cover has been talked here before. It doesn't always have the coupon, so I jumped on it.

Seems well built and half the price of the Ford one.

I was going to get the Ford cover with points and pay the difference. But the diference was almost the same as outright buying this one. Used my points for other things, like the bed mat and tailgate cover shown in the other post.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MaverickInMass

MaverickInMass

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did the same thing, ordered before Mav showed up. That exact Tonneau cover has been talked here before. It doesn't always have the coupon, so I jumped on it.

Seems well built and half the price of the Ford one.

I was going to get the Ford cover with points and pay the difference. But the diference was almost the same as outright buying this one. Used my points for other things, like the bed mat and tailgate cover shown in the other post.
Any complaints at all about the cover? Any flapping at driving/highway speeds? How’s the fit? I had been only considering the hard cover, low profile roll ups, but this deal seems hard to pass. Do you live in a region that gets snow? Any issues with weight of it?

Thanks again for sharing this!

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i ordered the Ford tri-fold for my Maverick
Will it leak water ?
ty

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any complaints at all about the cover? Any flapping at driving/highway speeds? How’s the fit? I had been only considering the hard cover, low profile roll ups, but this deal seems hard to pass. Do you live in a region that gets snow? Any issues with weight of it?

Thanks again for sharing this!

See my previous post above for some of the pics. I will post more closeups here

Fit: sized exactly for the mav. Sits just inside the middle line on both sides of the bed. I actually installed just a little crooked, so have to go fix that at some point.

Very snug, it has a slight drum sound when you bang on it.

I set an almost full gallon of water between the supports for visual. Barely if any sag at all.

I have only had this on for about a week, so not alot of driving experience. I had it at 60mph, there is some flapping visually, maybe 1 or 2 inches in center, not audibly of material, but I think all soft tops exhibit this. Now this also could be due to me not sealing the tailgate closed either. But they give lots of seal to close side and bottom tailgate gaps.

Read the reviews on amazon, mostly positive. The couple people who say loose, they must've done soemthing wrong. I have it on loosest setting and it is very snug.

Like in my previous post, there are 3 square metal cross beams for support. The Ford one has 2.

I feel this price is where a soft rollup should fall into, around 200. I mean almost 350 for a rollup from Ford seems overpriced.

I found out about this from someones post a few months back. His post ended up selling out this cover by the end of the day.

I'm not a tonneau expert, but I feel this is better than the price suggests. Beefy seals, nice extruded rail. Seems like a thick vinyl with nice texture on top.

I live in Southern Georgia, close to Florida, we don't get snow or anything.

If you search, you can probably find the other thread on this one.

Edit found the thread:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/whered-all-the-cheap-tonneaus-go.27087/

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options 20230318_144848

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options 20230318_144914

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options 20230318_145155

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options 20230318_145738

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options 20230318_145519

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options 20230318_145059

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options 20230318_144931

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaverickInMass

MaverickInMass

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome reply man. Thanks so much for the info and pics!

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome reply man. Thanks so much for the info and pics!
I updated post with a link to the thread where I learned about this cover. Go check it out for other forum member reviews on it.

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the Gator SFX, and it keeps the bed relatively dry. I park outside, so in a really bad rain a little bit of water still gets in there.

If I actually need to make sure something is totally dry in the bed though, I just put it in a large plastic bin.

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which cover did you get from Access? I have the Lorado ready to install once I get my Maverick, hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Accesscover.com, the original cover

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unlike an earlier poster I have not had any big leak issues where it folds with the Bak MX4. Given that it was happening to so many installations, I wonder if the person was making some kind of installation problem, either that or there has been a revision to the cover? I got it last August.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the BAKflip X4 and in a hard rain it will leak a bit. I don't believe anyone makes a completely "waterproof" tonneau cover. I think member, aitch-2-oh, has the best advice for keeping your stuff dry.
Sponsored