First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford factory hard tonneau cover. Trust me it leaks. I have added extra foam on all four corners and where tail gate meets back lift. Called factory and they want you to deal with Ford. I now put all items in plastic containers to stay dry.

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options 47AF08FB-488E-4132-ACFE-BA80EAC19EB8

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options A3239DBC-D0B1-451F-BDAF-DF49F65682B3

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options 474C73EE-92FF-4920-B180-9189AC1621EB
Sponsored

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the rev hard rollup through ford. We were caught in the big storm earlier this week in Hollywood LA SoCal. There’s was flood warnings and slightly flooded streets and big trucks were dumping water on us. Also going through the mountains heading north (the grapevine) we endured a lot of rain. I was amazed that very little rain got in. It was wet near the tailgate and a few wet spots by the mid gate. My luggage was in the center held by bed extender and was dry.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford factory hard tonneau cover. Trust me it leaks. I have added extra foam on all four corners and where tail gate meets back lift. Called factory and they want you to deal with Ford. I now put all items in plastic containers to stay dry.

47AF08FB-488E-4132-ACFE-BA80EAC19EB8.jpeg

A3239DBC-D0B1-451F-BDAF-DF49F65682B3.jpeg

474C73EE-92FF-4920-B180-9189AC1621EB.jpeg
In case you haven't yet, check your drain hoses. They might clogged up.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unlike an earlier poster I have not had any big leak issues where it folds with the Bak MX4. Given that it was happening to so many installations, I wonder if the person was making some kind of installation problem, either that or there has been a revision to the cover? I got it last August.
I'm that poster. I'm pretty certain I'm not installing anything incorrectly. What could I possibly be doing wrong to make the hinges/panels leak water and drip through the locks?

I've spent literally hours and hours trying to figure out how/where the water is intruding and trying to caulk up gaps. All unsuccessful.

Bak seems to agree - they're replacing my THIRD mx4 for free under warranty. This time they're sending a revolver x4s to try - hoping for better luck! I do give their customer service a ton of credit

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options PXL_20230318_024514317

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options PXL_20230325_150500577

Last edited:

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm that poster. I'm pretty certain I'm not installing anything incorrectly. What could I possibly be doing wrong to make the hinges/panels leak water and drip through the locks?

I've spent literally hours and hours trying to figure out how/where the water is intruding and trying to caulk up gaps. All unsuccessful.

Bak seems to agree - they're replacing my THIRD mx4 for free under warranty. This time they're sending a revolver x4s to try - hoping for better luck! I do give their customer service a ton of credit

PXL_20230318_024514317.jpg

PXL_20230325_150500577.jpg
Must be someone over tightening the fasterns at the factory, or drilling through the top, and the same person keeps making yours. As noted, this does not happen with mine.

Crazyal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FE, Lariat, Lux, 4K, 2022 Ford Edge ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all. I have been doing too much research on tonneau covers lately. Looking to use my Mavs bed as a trunk during family trips and what not ('23 Tremor Lariat, w/ DIBL). Wouldn't plan to store anything in there long term, but want to try to keep it as dry as possible for when we are traveling with our belongings back there. I've pretty much narrowed my search to three options, but would love anyone's experience with any of these particular models, the good and bad. Also open to exploring other items if someone has found one they love. Looking to stick with a low profile look. Thanks!

OEM Ford Hard Roll-Up Cover

Bak Revolver X4S Roll-Up

BakFlip MX4
”Lomax” by Access Covers, they all leak under some circumstance.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Must be someone over tightening the fasterns at the factory, or drilling through the top, and the same person keeps making yours. As noted, this does not happen with mine.
Who knows, it's just bizarre three in a row had the same problem. Glad you're liking yours - it was a really nice cover otherwise.

I just hope the X4S will be solid

bcstach

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the X4S, and unfortunately havent been too happy with it. I know that no tonneau is going to be 100% water proof, but there is a major design flaw up by the tailgate. I can see into the bed (if i throw a flashlight in there) when the tonneau is closed through the corners by the tailgate. The trifolds and some other tonneaus, seem to be able to extend far enough on the sides/corners so this isnt an issue. I bought this because i thought it was going to be more secure AND good at keeping weather out, but not with the way it was designed. I contacted the manufacturer and all I am being told is "try to pull the tonneau more towards the tailgate" which wont actually do anything cause the the problem is width, not length, or "let us sell you some sealant tape for the tailgate" which also wont help.

Ford Maverick Best "Waterproof" Tonneau Options 1681132768261

NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the X4S, and unfortunately havent been too happy with it. I know that no tonneau is going to be 100% water proof, but there is a major design flaw up by the tailgate. I can see into the bed (if i throw a flashlight in there) when the tonneau is closed through the corners by the tailgate. The trifolds and some other tonneaus, seem to be able to extend far enough on the sides/corners so this isnt an issue. I bought this because i thought it was going to be more secure AND good at keeping weather out, but not with the way it was designed. I contacted the manufacturer and all I am being told is "try to pull the tonneau more towards the tailgate" which wont actually do anything cause the the problem is width, not length, or "let us sell you some sealant tape for the tailgate" which also wont help.

1681132768261.png
I had the Xs4 and had this very issue and you are correct it is a design flaw. I called Bak about it several times and sent pictures and they told me it is desiged that way on purpose to not damage the tailgate. Luckily I got mine from Realtruck and was able to exchange it for the Sentry CT. With the Truxedo Senty Ct it looks like they actually designed it to fit the Maverick unlike the Bak X4s which looks like they just tried to jerry rig something made for another truck onto the Maverick. Much happier now and would highly recommend the Sentry Ct.

Sponsored

bcstach

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the Xs4 and had this very issue and you are correct it is a design flaw. I called Bak about it several times and sent pictures and they told me it is desiged that way on purpose to not damage the tailgate. Luckily I got mine from Realtruck and was able to exchange it for the Sentry CT. With the Truxedo Senty Ct it looks like they actually designed it to fit the Maverick unlike the Bak X4s which looks like they just tried to jerry rig something made for another truck onto the Maverick. Much happier now and would highly recommend the Sentry Ct.
Good to know. I will have to reach out to RealTruck to see if i can swap it out. Sounds like there are some "solutions" others have figured out to help fix it, but would definitely rather have a product designed right the first time.

robbyrob

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1681132768261.png
Thank You
Get the word out regarding this cover and its failure. Comment to the company/other forums your dissatisfaction. It will help others from purcahsing the product and may be a wake up call to the company! TY

Nameless

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will the Sentry work with a bed extender?

NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will the Sentry work with a bed extender?
I don't have a bed extender but I've read on other posts here that it will. There is nothing sticking into the bed other than the side rails. I can tell you for sure the Xs4 wont work with one because it has brackets for the locks that go into the bed probably 3 inches past the rails.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

47AF08FB-488E-4132-ACFE-BA80EAC19EB8.jpeg

A3239DBC-D0B1-451F-BDAF-DF49F65682B3.jpeg

474C73EE-92FF-4920-B180-9189AC1621EB.jpeg
I have the hard Tri Fold cover on mine from Ford and no leaks at all
Sponsored