Sponsored

Bed storage cubby door, will this be a common stolen item?

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My point was that worrying about a cheap piece of plastic is silly, as I said before, I'd be more concerned about what's inside, even then it's probably not a major concern. The most I'd keep there is some rope or straps. All those other things I mentioned are also probably far more likely to happen, as most people would probably have no idea the bed cubby even exist.
Not really silly if you're storing something behind that cheap piece of plastic you don't want stolen. I get it and I'm not worried that someone's going to roll up on mine and steal a cover, I'd be more worried about what's inside the cubby, but it's not anyone else's place to say that someone else wouldn't or shouldn't be.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really silly if you're storing something behind that cheap piece of plastic you don't want stolen. I get it and I'm not worried that someone's going to roll up on mine and steal a cover, I'd be more worried about what's inside the cubby, but it's not anyone else's place to say that someone else wouldn't or shouldn't be.
Or my stoopid brother thinks it's funny to place a chunk of limburger cheese in the cubby - in August - in Texas.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then stop participating (such as it is).

Edit: just realized your username "slashy42" and slashing tires...

Apparently slashing tires isn't all that easy for some!
Holy crap it blew his shirt off. And part of his arm? Wow.

Sponsored

HokieKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
On a related note, I was actually a little surprised that on the high end First Edition they include only the soft tonneau cover. I had a friend get the soft top of his mustang convertible slashed with a knife; the only thing stolen was the loose change in the center console. Quite a bit of damage/cost so that thief could get some loose change. I am thinking that soft cover could easily be slashed with a knife. My luck they slash it and then discover the bed is empty. Still cost for the damage.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
…these doors will disappear all too easily via the Walmart parking lot five finger discount.
Don’t go to Wal-Mart. lol

I don’t see these being a hot commodity on the black market. I think it’ll be fine. If it gets lost… meh. It’s a truck and I’m not putting anything valuable in there anyway.

OP
OP
SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On a related note, I was actually a little surprised that on the high end First Edition they include only the soft tonneau cover. I had a friend get the soft top of his mustang convertible slashed with a knife; the only thing stolen was the loose change in the center console. Quite a bit of damage/cost so that thief could get some loose change. I am thinking that soft cover could easily be slashed with a knife. My luck they slash it and then discover the bed is empty. Still cost for the damage.
A friend of mine wouldn't lock his doors to his suv, the reasoning was that he would rather they took whatever he left inside than tear up his vehicle. So, one night someone took a crowbar and tried to remove the driver's door handle, when that failed, they smashed out the large back side glass and took some clothes and jumper cables. It was unlocked the whole time.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the hard tri fold us still covered in vinyl, not sure

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't someone have to A.) Know the cubby is there and B.) Reach over awkwardly to grab it or get in the bed? I don't foresee it being a huge problem, hopefully. Anyone frequent any other truck forums that have bed cubbies? This an issue? I plan on eventually getting a hard tonneau cover anyway.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The probability of someone knowing about these cubbies AND messing with your vehicle isn't very high in my opinion.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
They have small plastic wrapped cable that you can crimp a loop on both the cover and the truck plastic spot... You'll need to drill a hole for the cable to loop through on both, So if someone really wanted the cover they would need cutters/ lineman pliers to cut the cable..
Dayton 304 Stainless 3/64 strand cable... Juat an ideal also looks like you could use a mailbox lock or desk type lock for it...