First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone figured out how to change out the twist to lock to a keyed lock on the bed cubby door? If so please explain.
Sponsored

Yellow Rhino

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, 360, Lux Pkg.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did it with some locks I found on Amazon. You will need to cut the flap on the lock down and angle it to let it fit into the 'receiver", but it works. I cut the flap where the 'square' is, filed it to make it rounded, and angled it to allow the lock flap to fit. You need to play around with it, but just make sure you buy the 5/8 lock as opposed to the 1 1/8 inch lock.
Ford Maverick Bed cubby door lock? 61qsI4WUlBL._AC_SX679_

OP
OP
Randy H.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did it with some locks I found on Amazon. You will need to cut the flap on the lock down and angle it to let it fit into the 'receiver", but it works. I cut the flap where the 'square' is, filed it to make it rounded, and angled it to allow the lock flap to fit. You need to play around with it, but just make sure you buy the 5/8 lock as opposed to the 1 1/8 inch lock.
61qsI4WUlBL._AC_SX679_.jpg
I don’t see this exact one on Amazon. Can you take a snapshot of the title description of the one you ordered please?

Yellow Rhino

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, 360, Lux Pkg.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"
inBovoga Premium Cam Lock RV Storage Locks, Keyed Alike Cabinet Locks for RV Storage Door Tool Box Drawers, Secure Door Files and Drawers Locks, Zinc Alloy (3 Pack 5/8 Inch)
It's Amazon Canada (I'm in Canada), but any of these tab locks work so long as it's 5/8 inch.

OP
OP
Randy H.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"
inBovoga Premium Cam Lock RV Storage Locks, Keyed Alike Cabinet Locks for RV Storage Door Tool Box Drawers, Secure Door Files and Drawers Locks, Zinc Alloy (3 Pack 5/8 Inch)
It's Amazon Canada (I'm in Canada), but any of these tab locks work so long as it's 5/8 inch.
Just realized the 5/8 cam lock with 3 different cams (kit) is at Lowes and Home Depot for about $6US

Sponsored

OP
OP
Randy H.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just realized the 5/8 cam lock with 3 different cams (kit) is at Lowes and Home Depot for about $6US
Purchased the 5/8 lock at Lowes. Will not fit the panel unless I oversize the hole to 3/4 inch. Not sure if I want to do that yet.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Randy H.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Purchased the 5/8 lock at Lowes. Will not fit the panel unless I oversize the hole to 3/4 inch. Not sure if I want to do that yet.
This is the same one I got at Lowes, the offset cam looks like it will work without being modified. But will not fit in panel unless the hole is made slightly bigger.
Ford Maverick Bed cubby door lock? F2D22904-4959-4858-B488-EB12F7AF5358

FLbuyer2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Grand Caravan
Quick tip: use a cheap harbor freight unibit to drill holes in plastic panels. They come in a variety of stepped sizes and usually make very clean holes. I use them for mounting circular switches and cable glands.

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX4/LUX,60 Bug,ElementSC 5mt,Buell XB12X,BICYCLES!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will park at Trail Head for extended periods..... in addition to adding a lock; I am going to replace the fasteners. I think cap head style torx would be hardest to fight. Perhaps some security fasteners if the hardware store has some. Anyways, while probing around to plan; I discovered the door is semi- prepped for locks. A dremel or even a skilled pocket knife would whittle out the material necessary to fit proper like.

Ford Maverick Bed cubby door lock? IMG_2533

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will park at Trail Head for extended periods..... in addition to adding a lock; I am going to replace the fasteners. I think cap head style torx would be hardest to fight. Perhaps some security fasteners if the hardware store has some. Anyways, while probing around to plan; I discovered the door is semi- prepped for locks. A dremel or even a skilled pocket knife would whittle out the material necessary to fit proper like.

IMG_2533.jpeg
A screwdriver is pretty popular. I'm sure there isn't a problem popping that plastic cover, locked or not.

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A screwdriver is pretty popular. I'm sure there isn't a problem popping that plastic cover, locked or not.
Wouldn't be that hard to smash it with a rock either. I am just trying to slow down the opportunist. Let's be realistic; with the invention of the battery powered angle grinder, nothing is secure.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone figured out how to change out the twist to lock to a keyed lock on the bed cubby door? If so please explain.
Maybe this one would work ?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't be that hard to smash it with a rock either. I am just trying to slow down the opportunist. Let's be realistic; with the invention of the battery powered angle grinder, nothing is secure.
Good point!

dedMann

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost