Sponsored

Are the order bank computers working Friday morning?

Velvetfog

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealership just got back to me with an order form. 22,195 + 1,495 destination and delivery fee. Then another 700 for a dock fee.

Is this normal? 22,195 turned into 25,279.
Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have my dealer trying to get an order in for a Tremor. They are having issues getting into the system in general but for some reason additionally they cannot do a Tremor at the moment.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealership just got back to me with an order form. 22,195 + 1,495 destination and delivery fee. Then another 700 for a dock fee.

Is this normal? 22,195 turned into 25,279.
24,390 for the numbers you posted, but yes. The destination and delivery fee is standard, and there is usually some form of a dealer documentary fee. Some states cap the dealer doc fees, some don't. 700 is way high for here in Washington State, but about right for some East Coast states.

Here in WA, it is capped at $200. I know Long McArthur in Kansas has theirs set around $500.

Velvetfog

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
24,390 for the numbers you posted, but yes. The destination and delivery fee is standard, and there is usually some form of a dealer documentary fee. Some states cap the dealer doc fees, some don't. 700 is way high for here in Washington State, but about right for some East Coast states.

Here in WA, it is capped at $200. I know Long McArthur in Kansas has theirs set around $500.

The difference in price comes from tax.

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only benefit of being a 23 over a 22 would be if you did not want some of the items in the lux package. For 23, many of the lux items have been broken out into individual items that you order individually.

P.S......you getting scheduled with those splash guards is a miracle. Just FYI.
Many thanks again. No, I would keep all the items I have on the original order. I couldn’t tell if there are new key features that weren’t available on the 22 that are now on a ‘23 in a near identical build.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Actually they use a Tandy 64 from Radio Shack to run their business. 😆

1663359318531.png
That screen is real interesting. That is 100% for sure an IBM iSeries (AS/400, IBM i, etc. They kept on renaming it.) That is what I programed on before I retired.

That system is not fancy but it is rock solid for things like processing orders and large data bases so with an appropriate configuration it should be able to handle all the order Maverick orders just fine. It is known for being a robust system but it probably hit its peak popularity in the early 2000s

They may be phasing them out now but Costco was running all their systems on iSeries like that including all their cash registers. If they can handle all of Costco's sales the week before Christmas they can handle the Maverick roll out if they are set up right. Just recently I was in a Costco and I noticed that over at the managers desk they still had an iSeries text terminal that looked like that.

A lot of corporations are still running legacy systems on it because it worked well for custom written corporate systems for doing things like order processing. Many of the custom systems were expensive to develop and they still get the job done so there is little payback if you pay a lot to replace them with a more current computer architecture.

A problem with it is that few younger people are learning it so hiring good people for it can be problematic and a lot of the "old timers" like me are retiring.

It would be pure speculation but Ford just laid off around 3,000 salaried employees. It could be that they laid off some of the key "Old Timers" who knew how to handle setting up and rolling out the changes needed for a new model year.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That screen is real interesting. That is 100% for sure an IBM iSeries (AS/400, IBM i, etc. They kept on renaming it.) That is what I programed on before I retired.

That system is not fancy but it is rock solid for things like processing orders and large data bases so with an appropriate configuration it should be able to handle all the order Maverick orders just fine. It is known for being a robust system but it probably hit its peak popularity in the early 2000s

They may be phasing them out now but Costco was running all their systems on iSeries like that including all their cash registers. If they can handle all of Costco's sales the week before Christmas they can handle the Maverick roll out if they are set up right. Just recently I was in a Costco and I noticed that over at the managers desk they still had an iSeries text terminal that looked like that.

A lot of corporations are still running legacy systems on it because it worked well for custom written corporate systems for doing things like order processing. Many of the custom systems were expensive to develop and they still get the job done so there is little payback if you pay a lot to replace them with a more current computer architecture.

A problem with it is that few younger people are learning it so hiring good people for it can be problematic and a lot of the "old timers" like me are retiring.

It would be pure speculation but Ford just laid off around 3,000 salaried employees. It could be that they laid off some of the key "Old Timers" who knew how to handle setting up and rolling out the changes needed for a new model year.

Actually that is the old system that sales no longer uses (but parts still does, and like you said, very robust) , they upgraded system was written by some CEO's kid that lags, crashes, or just does not work at all. There is a video someone posted of what the sales guy was seeing.

There

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I talked to my dealer this morning, he insisted that he had tried to enter orders all day yesterday and the system would not let him. System was available but 2023 Maverick was not a choice. He said he had tried off and on all day, until he went home. He really seemed sincere and knew his way around the system, so I completely believe him. I've seen a lot of other posts where dealers absolutely insisted the system would not let them place an order.

I'm wondering if Ford saw the system maxing out and did a 'rolling black out' sort of thing with regions. Maybe only letting one area at a time input orders to keep the system from crashing.

When he first logged on it only showed 2022 Maverick as a choice. While we were both looking at the screen it blinked, refreshed and then showed both 2022 and 2023. He said, "well that's new" and went on to enter my order. Took 60 seconds to type it in, he hit submit and said "now if it turns green we are good", and 20 seconds later my order line changed to green. About 20 minutes later I got the confirm email from Ford.

Harry LBI

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update - had a call this morning with Downs Ford, Toms River, NJ to order a Maverick. Downs is adding a $2995 'dealer package.' The typical dealer BS stuff - nitrogen in the tires, paint protection, key stuff, etc. I declined.

The good news is I think I have found a dealer to take my order at list and I'll update again later.

Harry LBI

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update #2 - After 2 failed attempts, 3rd time is a charm. Just received my confirmation email from Ford. My thanks to NJ Pinelands, your recommendation of Robert at Larson Ford was on the mark. Appreciate all the support from many board members. Happy to finally have the order in.

Sponsored

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not heard from my dealer or gotten the Ford email year and I did not want to bug him if he is still trying to enter a bunch of orders and having problems. I know that he has at least a few dozen orders to enter.

Also when it is working about how long does it take to enter each order?
I SUPPOSEDLY ordered mine yesterday am Sept 16th and paid $1k deposit. I signed the order sheet and was told it's good to go BUT haven't gotten any confirmation email from Ford. Anyone else gotten email from Ford yet?
Starting to worry since order bank is closing in a few days.

DPMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata, Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to my dealer this AM to check status...

11AM EDT
Order was not in the system

Sales Manager went to place order (reorder of 22 Hybrid XL)

** System is not available **
Issues reported to technical support teams

Hopefully in by end of today...

2:05 PM - Called Sales Manager after hearing that the issues with order were most likely due to Atlas Blue color..

2:13 PM - I had the Ford email order confirmation for my XL Hybrid currently in Carbonized Grey Metallic and will try changing the color later on when they get the system stabilized and corrected

George Wall Ford (Red Bank , NJ)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Update: After hearing that the order banks may close as early as Monday I dropped by dealer at opening time and it turns out my salesman was on vacation. I was able to get someone else to enter the order for me. That was around 9:00 AM eastern time before the other time zones were likely working and the system seemed to work fine, but I was not able to watch them do enter it. About 30 minutes later I got the confirmation email. The only glitch was that the system will not let you select Atlas Blue with an XL so it was ordered as silver but we will try to update later.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I SUPPOSEDLY ordered mine yesterday am Sept 16th and paid $1k deposit. I signed the order sheet and was told it's good to go BUT haven't gotten any confirmation email from Ford. Anyone else gotten email from Ford yet?
Starting to worry since order bank is closing in a few days.
Same here. My dealership put in 112 Mavericks last night. They said on slower days, confirmation emails could take a few seconds but right now it could be a few days. I think it depends on if you have done the COVP before. I've never ordered a retail order before.

They told me their process involves providing the order number to the customer only after the screen says the order was accepted. Which is when they texted me last night. They told me to come back in a few days if I haven't seen anything but that the order itself is good.

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. My dealership put in 112 Mavericks last night. They said on slower days, confirmation emails could take a few seconds but right now it could be a few days. I think it depends on if you have done the COVP before. I've never ordered a retail order before.

They told me their process involves providing the order number to the customer only after the screen says the order was accepted. Which is when they texted me last night. They told me to come back in a few days if I haven't seen anything but that the order itself is good.
This was my very first Ford order. I already called my salesman and he said I'm supposed to be getting a confirmation email but haven't heard anything yet. It's been over 24 hrs. Just wanting some kind of reassurance my order has been accepted.. ugh 😩
Sponsored