First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No its for both. The 22 s will be put into the system first.
Agreed, that would be the right thing to do but wonder if ALL dealers will do that. How about a first time customer that placed an order last year and now is just sitting in the middle of a stack of paper on your desk vs a client who has purchased numerous vehicles from you who walks in morning of the 2nd and wants to order a MY23. Now who do you think gets entered first?
Given that I would hope that Ford internally would look at each order and place the MY22's first in queue but......

Also maybe a nice little cash under the table might grease the wheel for those of us who will be placing our first Maverick order as a MY23. Of course I would never do that!

And of course this doesn't apply to Canada as all us Canadians are just to polite to engage in these practices... Yeh right...
Sponsored

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
Agreed, that would be the right thing to do but wonder if ALL dealers will do that. How about a first time customer that placed an order last year and now is just sitting in the middle of a stack of paper on your desk vs a client who has purchased numerous vehicles from you who walks in morning of the 2nd and wants to order a MY23. Now who do you think gets entered first?
Given that I would hope that Ford internally would look at each order and place the MY22's first in queue but......

Also maybe a nice little cash under the table might grease the wheel for those of us who will be placing our first Maverick order as a MY23. Of course I would never do that!

And of course this doesn't apply to Canada as all us Canadians are just to polite to engage in these practices... Yeh right...
actually the 22's are going to get an offer because the same pricing won't apply. they can accept or reject I've had a pre order in with my dealer for over a month now. Salesman tells me the orders will go in , in the order they were sent. I'm told I was in the first 5. In 2022 the orders were pulled by reservation dates so I read from a Ford Rep.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
actually the 22's are going to get an offer because the same pricing won't apply. they can accept or reject I've had a pre order in with my dealer for over a month now. Salesman tells me the orders will go in , in the order they were sent. I'm told I was in the first 5. In 2022 the orders were pulled by reservation dates so I read from a Ford Rep.
Don't disagree with anything you have said and am quite aware that I will pay MY23 pricing since my "pre-order" will be a new order. However from what it sounds like in the good ol US of A, not all dealers have salesmen (or sales managers either) that you can trust for reliable, accurate and honest info... ymmv.....

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FindingYOUphoria

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just tried to make an appointment for Aug 2nd with my dealer to convert. He responded with, no need, you have a build date??? I have not got any email from Ford aside from the most recent remove options and you will likely be pushed to MY '23.
So I clarified. I am scheduled as in I have a vin# and build date? He sent both to me. I was shocked. I ordered Lariat with Lux and Moonroof, 4x, tow, safe, camera, fully loaded. So I am shocked. Moral of the story, if you have not asked your dealer. ask them now.

Build date 8/8 apparently was scheduled at the end of June, just nobody told me.....

Sponsored

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
Don't disagree with anything you have said and am quite aware that I will pay MY23 pricing since my "pre-order" will be a new order. However from what it sounds like in the good ol US of A, not all dealers have salesmen (or sales managers either) that you can trust for reliable, accurate and honest info... ymmv.....
Right Now I haven't known my dealer to jack the price on a customer order but I was already told that won't happen. I'm asking for that to be written on my receipt.

Jdub

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just tried to make an appointment for Aug 2nd with my dealer to convert. He responded with, no need, you have a build date??? I have not got any email from Ford aside from the most recent remove options and you will likely be pushed to MY '23.
So I clarified. I am scheduled as in I have a vin# and build date? He sent both to me. I was shocked. I ordered Lariat with Lux and Moonroof, 4x, tow, safe, camera, fully loaded. So I am shocked. Moral of the story, if you have not asked your dealer. ask them now.

Build date 8/8 apparently was scheduled at the end of June, just nobody told me.....
That happened to me also, nothing from Ford, Dealership assumed I was receiving the emails. It was like hitting the lottery last February when it came in.

Enjoy your Mav. The wait is worth it.

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 SuperBeetle 2018 2022 Maverick XL
I'm ordering 2 more tomorrow. Upgrading to Focal speakers ($850.00) upgrade on my XL tomorrow. Priorities! These speakers are trash. I expected that. However I want to cruise around with my Unicorn with some decent jams. I got what my friends on this forum describe as the 'Best' audio system for me. I will be flipping out!
I was correct about the above. $900.00 very well spent!

numike

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Upgrading to Focal speakers
details-ordering installing etc

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d avoid any dealership owned by Victory Auto Group.

https://www.victoryautomotivegroup.com/locations/

Sponsored

mlshirey

First Name
Michael Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 SuperBeetle 2018 2022 Maverick XL
I was correct about the above. $900.00 very well spent!
what? No Cyber Orange for MY23?!? 2 Aughust I gotta change my build sheet. At least they kept carbionozid gray (my current and ordered color) but I really dig THAT orange. BOO HOO 'n stuff.

jmichaelp

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Completely new to all of this...

Does this indicate that 2022 MY will be built until 10/21, after which 2023 MY builds will start? From that point we would expect delivery 2-3 months later?

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Does this indicate that 2022 MY will be built until 10/21, after which 2023 MY builds will start? From that point we would expect delivery 2-3 months later?
2 to 3 months. That’s what many of us were told last year but more like 8-12 months was the reality. Mine was worse. Ordered in early Oct and mid June my order vanished never to be found. I got about the worst outcome possible. Good Luck. I’m trying againAug 2 but as if I never ordered in 2021.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MY 2023 starts up October 24th. However there will be a good number of unbuilt 2022 orders that are getting bumped into 2023. In theory those are supposed to be built before any new 2023 orders. While there will be some attrition as people don't roll orders over I'd figure there will be minimum 10,000-12,000 2022 roll overs, probably more. I don't think they will building any new 2023 orders until January/February next year unless there are still massive constraints that hold back the 2022 rollovers in which case some of the non-constrained new 2023 orders will get produced.

So if you want a hybrid with a new 2023 order I'd say Spring or early Summer delivery.

OP
OP

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From BOF, the Hybrid order bank opening date now moved to 8/2. previously shown as 8/15.

HRG

Ford Maverick 2023 Order Bank dates 2023 Maverick order bank opening.JPG
Sponsored