First Name
No
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Ecoboost XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes its a 20-30k truck so i shouldn't expect luxury. these are some of the build quality issues ive come across not even gotten through my first tank of gas.

1. There is no insulation between the engine and the cab. When i open my drivers door i can see inside my engine bay. Ill elaborate more on this later on.

Ford Maverick Anyone else unimpressed by the build quality? Some examples inside IMG_20221125_232306107

2. The fender liners dont align, mate, and cover the wheel well. tons of dirt, salt, etc gets up inside the engine bay from here and accelerates corrosion in hard to reach spaces, especially the pinch welds. Dirt and grime also easily migrates to the door seals, door wiring boot and can seep its way inside the frame.

Ford Maverick Anyone else unimpressed by the build quality? Some examples inside IMG_20221125_231729004 - Copy

3. The rear wheel well fender liner and splash guard doesnt cover or protect the rocker panel and the wheel constantly shoves water and dirt into it accelerating corrosion. i dont think there is a product that could even help this as theres just to much water flow.

Ford Maverick Anyone else unimpressed by the build quality? Some examples inside IMG_20221125_231113925

4. this one is a little more specific to me, The steering wheel upholstery is torn and not fitted well, you can easily see inside the steering column into the engine bay.

Ford Maverick Anyone else unimpressed by the build quality? Some examples inside IMG_20221125_232427607

Ford Maverick Anyone else unimpressed by the build quality? Some examples inside IMG_20221125_232746489

besides the torn upholstery are these same issues on everyone else mavericks? or worth raising a warranty claim?. Anyone else have things they've noticed?
Sponsored

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s pretty ridiculous. I would expect more out of an auto company. I would like to address leaks and weld issues before the truck ages. Do you think lining the undercarriage would help remedy this?

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not really worried about any of those things you mentioned…. My 96 civic also has openings that go through from the doors to the engine bay and while things do get stuck in there, I’ve never had an issue with corrosion of any sort and I believe the same will hold true for the maverick…. As far as the rocker panel, I’ve gotten mud and debris in there already and was just as easily sprayed out by attacking it with the pressure washer at the local car wash…. As far as the steering column cover…. Just fyi, you’re in no way looking through to the engine bay I’m sorry to say, but you are getting a view of what’s under the dash, not something I’m concerned with though as the upholstery around the steering column is not something that I’m looking at as part of what I interact with in the cab, but I would say in your case it would warrant a repair under warranty seeing as it’s obviously torn/not fitted properly…. As far as build quality overall in my opinion anyway, aside from some minor things that are already being taken care of under warranty, I’d give my maverick a 9 out of 10 on build quality

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the body panels are really thin. They are thinner than our Edge for sure.

Also, debris from the driver's side rear tire getting thrown into the body panel and taillight is not impressive at all. Just how long has Ford been making vehicles anyway?

There's a really bad turbulence noise when I lower the only the rear windows at highway speed. It's alarmingly bad.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm glad you cited examples. I've been pretty critical of my Maverick Lariat Hybrid, but I've not taken time to comb over it for specific examples. I can only say that it does not feel like it is put together particularly well and that has led me to explore other options much quicker than I anticipated.

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can see why people are mad about the quality of their Mavs. Mine is definitely not the highest quality vehicle I’ve had. My 14 Fiesta felt higher quality! Ford had to compromise somewhere to get the numbers right. The only comparable hybrids in price at the time were 50,000 mile Niros.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
NOPE!

JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not a 20-30k truck. If yours was 30k then that means you have a 20k truck with 10k of add-ons. Every model, including a maxed out Lariat at 39k+ is, at its heart, at 20k truck.
Paying for lipstick on a pig is a losing play

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the body panels are really thin. They are thinner than our Edge for sure.

Also, debris from the driver's side rear tire getting thrown into the body panel and taillight is not impressive at all. Just how long has Ford been making vehicles anyway?

There's a really bad turbulence noise when I lower the only the rear windows at highway speed. It's alarmingly bad.
I believe that that wind buffeting experience is normal. "cavitation" . All modern vehicles that undergo wind tunnel testing for max airflow over vehicle to reduce drag that hurts MPG are tested with all windows in up position. They don't expect you to drive with windows opened these days with AC Climate control standard in virtually every new vehicle.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Achtungg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Paying for lipstick on a pig is a losing play
I noticed you purchased an XLT. Was moving "up" for the XL to the XLT putting lipstick on a pig???? Sort of like moving up from an XLT to a Lariat??? :unsure:

Maverick not Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Build quality? Not just maverick. Most makes and models.
1. supply chain issues
2. Like every other occupational field out there. The labor pool sucks and most places hire you if you walk and talk with little to no skill.
Sad state of the world that our leaders put us in, ain’t it a bitch

Last edited:

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
I noticed you purchased an XLT. Was moving "up" for the XL to the XLT putting lipstick on a pig???? Sort of like moving up from an XLT to a Lariat??? :unsure:
I only bought an xlt because of the fx4 package.

There is a reason when looking at the statistics of the trucks on order people lean heavily towards the cheaper versions.

It’s an inexpensive little truck comparatively, it just is what it is.
Sponsored