Sponsored

Buy extended warranty directly from Ford or dealer?

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can I buy my extended gold or platinum Ford warranty directly from Ford or do I have to negotiate with my stealer oops dealer? There was a time that Ford would let you buy it directly thru their website. But that was over 15 years ago. They want something like 2500 extra

Or can I buy this extended warranty from another dealer that my local dealers will honor? If its a Ford warranty it should be technically be honored by any Ford certified service center.

If this build ever gets done 2021 ;) and as a first year model it has 2x more that can go wrong then the gas engine so a prudent investment for sure.
Sponsored

widetrax

First Name
lester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bmw
Can I buy my extended gold or platinum Ford warranty directly from Ford or do I have to negotiate with my stealer oops dealer? There was a time that Ford would let you buy it directly thru their website. But that was over 15 years ago. They want something like 2500 extra

Or can I buy this extended warranty from another dealer that my local dealers will honor? If its a Ford warranty it should be technically be honored by any Ford certified service center.

If this build ever gets done 2021 ;) and as a first year model it has 2x more that can go wrong then the gas engine so a prudent investment for sure.
IF I get one,, it will be through '' Flood Ford'' . The dealers are too high,,,or someone besides the dealer

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

There's lots of dealers selling genuine Ford warranties at a discount on the web. It's easy money for them. And it doesn't matter where you get it as your dealer legally has to honor it.
You can buy one up to the point the original warranty ends. It's a way to see if you got a car with issues or not before the $ are spent.

gstiglitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How would I know what is a reasonable charge for a warranty?

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
How would I know what is a reasonable charge for a warranty?
Basically, just Google "Ford ESP Warranty" and choose the cheapest option off the front page. Likely going to end up being Flood, Ziegler, Lombard or MAYBE Anderson-Koch.
I've also had luck getting my local dealership to match the best online price I could find.

Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
Basically, just Google "Ford ESP Warranty" and choose the cheapest option off the front page. Likely going to end up being Flood, Ziegler, Lombard or MAYBE Anderson-Koch.
I've also had luck getting my local dealership to match the best online price I could find.
^This. Price them online (decide on what deductible, miles and length of coverage you want). Ask your dealer if he'll match it. If so great. If not buy it online from one of these.

Or wait a year or 2 (while still under FoMoCo standard warranty), decide if you want to keep the Maverick, if so buy it online then.

gstiglitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you!

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome thanks so it's just like one would think.
I purchased a 2007 GSXR and the dealer wanted 1200 for a 3 year extended warranty. I found the same warranty from Oneida Suzuki in New York for 300. Even though the bike never needed service due to a warranty issue my local dealer said it shows you have coverage till 2010. :cool:

So it applies here too. Good to know thanks peeps.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Yes as he said. However some states don't allow online purchases such as this. I live in Florida where the vehicle will be titled. I tried Flood and they don't cover Florida for that reason. So far Ziegler is the only one I've found I can work with in Florida. So you have to try them. After a couple questions they'll either stop and tell you they can't proceed or you'll go through and complete info.

Good luck.
Sponsored