2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They won't get parts for a warranty claim. They won't fix things and they play games I would not buy a ford at all. Stay away from the maverick it's a lemon.

Squeeky window turned out it wasn't sealed and water got under it.

Draining battery pretend it's fine

Dash lights randomly dim and get brighter nope nothing wrong

Rear wheel camber is 0.5 out of camber part needs to be replaced. Well it's only point 5 outLeaking oil badly only wait a dull month of speck so no.
I don't know if "the Maverick" is a lemon. But you may have a particular Maverick that is. If you have that many issues, I suggest you contact a qualified attorney and pursue the return of your truck via your state's lemon law.

Fortunately, most of the people on this forum seems to have had good success with the vehicle, with multiple folks who have 20,000 miles or more reporting reliable operation.
Sponsored

JennyLink

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid-in my garage 3-6-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good, bad, and otherwise.... Never owned a Ford before so not sure if it's something worth getting??? Best to get it at the Dealership when I buy my Maverick or is there better online places to purchase it??? Thanks in advance!!!
Thank you for your question and thank you for all the different opinions. As for me, I will wait and see some months from now if I want to go for the extended warranty. This group has been awesome and appreciate all of you.
Update: Picked up my Mav 2 wks. ago. I went thru the paperwork very carefully yesterday and looked up the reviews of the extended warranty company they hooked me up with. On the BBB website they had 1.27 ⭐'s. So, I started the hunt for a provider with a better reputation. Today I cancelled the services that Ford had me signed up with. After waiting months and months for the Mav, and all that went along with it, I couldn't imagine going with a warranty company where I'd have to even more hassle. So tired of all the garbage.

Last edited:

bik77

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lexus RX350 150Km
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat Hybrid was scheduled for prod this week and I am seriously thinking of getting ESP.
This would be my third Ford, but previous ones were mix - Villager (Ford/Nissan) Probe (Ford/Mazda). I had a pretty decent experience with both, but nothing compares with current Lexus :). How does ESP work for hybrids? Then go on-line there are either regular or electric cars and nothing in between.

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fords extended has the best coverage

Sponsored

Pope

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic and Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I was having troubles getting my dealer to fix my grabby brakes issue that has been common with the 2022 Maverick hybrids. Ford had issued a Technical Service Bulletin earlier regarding this issue.

I finally called the Ford helpline, and they intervened on my behalf to get the dealer fix my grabby brakes issue and today Ford sent me an email indicating that they have given me a free premium care esp which will extend the warranty on my truck through the end of 2027.

Not bad!

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat Hybrid was scheduled for prod this week and I am seriously thinking of getting ESP.
This would be my third Ford, but previous ones were mix - Villager (Ford/Nissan) Probe (Ford/Mazda). I had a pretty decent experience with both, but nothing compares with current Lexus :). How does ESP work for hybrids? Then go on-line there are either regular or electric cars and nothing in between.
Try and negotiate the price. Dealer ESP are generally too high!

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would love to buy one but that's a lot of money to gamble on

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I was having troubles getting my dealer to fix my grabby brakes issue that has been common with the 2022 Maverick hybrids. Ford had issued a Technical Service Bulletin earlier regarding this issue.

I finally called the Ford helpline, and they intervened on my behalf to get the dealer fix my grabby brakes issue and today Ford sent me an email indicating that they have given me a free premium care esp which will extend the warranty on my truck through the end of 2027.

Not bad!
so,how did you approach the grabby brakes at the dealership(or is there a recall)-mine grab only like once a month or 2 at a slow speed-very infrequent
Sponsored