Sponsored

Ford Extended Warranty???

Koybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 A51FE
UPDATE: So I did end up getting this resolved at Ford, it cost about as much as I expected, about $1000, which is just stupid IMO to get my radio going again, but coming to accept that this is just the way thing go now-a-days with all the integrated systems. I miss the days of replacing my own electronics with little hassle or cost.
But on that note, everything is working, and I have not had cascading failure with the PCM replacement that some have seeing in theirs, crossing fingers I don't get to that point.

All this to say I DO wish I had extended that warrantee :(
(but of course only hindsight can make me feel that way!)

This will be my 2nd Ford, my current 2014 Escape was my first. I do tend to skip the extended coverage for anything but computers, but do sign up for the maintenance plans, as I typically always service my vehicles at the dealership (I know I know, let the scolding begin). I just like the convenience of one stop shopping and would say on average things like regular maintenance items are on level with other service providers cost wise, and I get treated very well at the dealership every time.

However, I do wish I had gotten the extended on my Escape, as after the warrantee's expiration, a few computer systems started acting up... including my sound system :(
No sound from system, likely due to one of two control modules, will cost me over $1200 to fix. Despite the speaker system working just fine (for some things), the radio working just fine (output just isn't getting to the speakers), and the system not reporting any errors, I can't listen to the onboard nav system, radio, cd player, or most importantly back-up hazard alarm! How Ford can shrug off the responsibility on a safety system is beyond me. Parts alone will be like $600-800, and involves tearing apart the entire center console, to replace a single damn chip. Things like this make me nuts, but damned if you do and if you don't.

TL-DR - extended warrantees are great when you need to use them, a waste when you don't, and no one can tell you which will be the case. Roll the dice my friend.
Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I am getting confused. Why would I pay for a 5 year extended warranty that runs concurrent with my factory warranty. Once the factory one expires I only have 2 left, but I've paid for 5.
So I shouldn't pay for one until towards the end of the original.
You are correct. If you want an extended service plan, buy it 35 months into your 36 month bumper to bumper factory warranty,

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can't you buy the exact same plan a couple of years after vehicle purchase for about half the dollars???
Yes. Wait until your 36 month factory bumper to bumper warranty is almost up. You'll be able to get an extended service plan for a better price and avoid wasting coverage on the period when you're factory warranty is covering you anyhow.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Holy shit, the finance guy was trying to get me 8 years 100k at 2000. That was the price alone without financing. I told him no I could get it cheaper online and he basically called me a liar and said no one was doing it cheaper than him. I can get the same one from flood for 1400 minus the $210 worth of points.
Dealership finance people are a special sort. Only way I can deal with them is to match their crazy! When we bought my wife's Mitsubishi the guy spent about 30 minutes trying to talk me into financing with one of the local banks that I'm sure pay him commission. But I already had 0% for 72 months through Mitsubishi. And all of the local banks had actual interest charges of varying amounts. Finally I just said to the guy, "Look, Mitsubishi is literally GIVING me $28,000 for nothing. Why would I volunteer to pay interest. Just write it up." I put down 0 on that car. When the manufacturer is literally letting you but it for free with a signature why wouldn't you? I paid it off in about 55 months.

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a 2012 focus. I bought the warranty on that. Tried to get them to fix fuel tank issues, but it wasn't included in the power train warranty. It ended up being a recall, but still... No more extended warranty for me nor my Maverick.

Skeeziks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape; 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not really on the point of the thread, only on the idea of extended warranty. Of course I was "encouraged" to buy an extended warranty on my Maverick. Deal was 3rd party 100,00 miles for $2900 and sold based on new technology and "only" $290/mo. Taking into account the existing 3/36000 on the vehicle and 5/60000 powertrain I calculated the effective extended warrantee that I would be paying $2900 for was essentially only 3.3 years, 40,000 miles. So the real monthly cost was around $900/month. So, No.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a 2012 focus. I bought the warranty on that. Tried to get them to fix fuel tank issues, but it wasn't included in the power train warranty. It ended up being a recall, but still... No more extended warranty for me nor my Maverick.

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. Wait until your 36 month factory bumper to bumper warranty is almost up. You'll be able to get an extended service plan for a better price and avoid wasting coverage on the period when you're factory warranty is covering you anyhow.
Thanks...

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks...
FYI: Once your factory warranty is up toy can add an extended plan for 1-5 years (your choice). Price will vary based on number of additional years you want and the vehicle mileage per year.

Sponsored

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just came here to say we've been trying to reach you about your car's warranty. 🤪

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This will be my 2nd Ford, my current 2014 Escape was my first. I do tend to skip the extended coverage for anything but computers, but do sign up for the maintenance plans, as I typically always service my vehicles at the dealership (I know I know, let the scolding begin). I just like the convenience of one stop shopping and would say on average things like regular maintenance items are on level with other service providers cost wise, and I get treated very well at the dealership every time.

However, I do wish I had gotten the extended on my Escape, as after the warrantee's expiration, a few computer systems started acting up... including my sound system :(
No sound from system, likely due to one of two control modules, will cost me over $1200 to fix. Despite the speaker system working just fine (for some things), the radio working just fine (output just isn't getting to the speakers), and the system not reporting any errors, I can't listen to the onboard nav system, radio, cd player, or most importantly back-up hazard alarm! How Ford can shrug off the responsibility on a safety system is beyond me. Parts alone will be like $600-800, and involves tearing apart the entire center console, to replace a single damn chip. Things like this make me nuts, but damned if you do and if you don't.

TL-DR - extended warrantees are great when you need to use them, a waste when you don't, and no one can tell you which will be the case. Roll the dice my friend.
I agree with you. I normally wouldn't get an extended warranty, but after getting the dealer to drop price several times I decided to get 6 months, 60,000 bumper to bumper for $1,700. I plan on keeping this truck many years plus first year model. If I use it once or twice I'm good. Electronic parts etc. super expensive. After 6 years I can extend it if I want.

1Guy1Truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You ABSOLUTELY need an extended warranty with the Maverick. I know people here are sensitive when you bad mouth this truck but they are not reliable nor well built. Mine lives at the service center and there’s way too many other low mileage vehicles having issues. If you decide to buy this thing get the extended warranty.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You ABSOLUTELY need an extended warranty with the Maverick. I know people here are sensitive when you bad mouth this truck but they are not reliable nor well built. Mine lives at the service center and there’s way too many other low mileage vehicles having issues. If you decide to buy this thing get the extended warranty.
Why do you need an extended warranty while the factory warranty is in effect? If you sell/trade before the expiration of the factory warranty, no problem. If you decide to keep it, you have until the expiration of the factory warranty to purchase an extended warranty. To me, there is no incentive to purchase an extended warranty at the time of vehicle delivery, especially since you get the same Ford ESP plans after the fact from other dealers for significantly less.

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They won't get parts for a warranty claim. They won't fix things and they play games I would not buy a ford at all. Stay away from the maverick it's a lemon.

Squeeky window turned out it wasn't sealed and water got under it.

Draining battery pretend it's fine

Dash lights randomly dim and get brighter nope nothing wrong

Rear wheel camber is 0.5 out of camber part needs to be replaced. Well it's only point 5 outLeaking oil badly only wait a dull month of speck so no.
Sponsored