Sponsored

Any chance of a Maverick ST with manual transmission?

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
What issues did that motor have again?
No clue, haven't followed it other than knowing what vehicle it was offered in.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No clue, haven't followed it other than knowing what vehicle it was offered in.
Many issued and Ford was trying to weasel out of warranty work on them

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Many issued and Ford was trying to weasel out of warranty work on them
Cool, never said it was a brilliant idea. Only stated where the OP's requested combo had previously been used.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cool, never said it was a brilliant idea. Only stated where the OP's requested combo had previously been used.
I got it, just take the 2.0 EB and place a bigger turbo, retune the ECU, bigger inter cooler and you can get 300HP easily.

Last edited:

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I like the idea of a fast vehicle, there are just so few areas to use that speed where I live and keep your license.

When Ford did a makeover on the 2.0L to solve head gasket and coolant leaking into the engines, I hope they overbuilt it, for you guys who want tunes. My concern would be that the internals may not be HD enough for the added stress of 75-100 more HP.

I originally ordered the EB and AWD and Tow Pkg. I changed my mind, after spending an extra $4 on all the goodies, I found out there is no manual selection of the gears available. Sorry, there is no way I will have 8 forward speeds and no control of the tranny. So the four grand I saved by switching to the hybrid went for tonneau cover and Co-Pilot 360 upgrade, sliding rear window and a few other extra goodies. And probably 10-12 more mpg combined. If I don't like it, it would sell quick as these won't be on lots for quite a while at MSRP.

Last edited:

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I would say 0 chance what so ever.
simply because of the market. Most buyers are buying an automatic no matter the platform.

asside from enthusiasts cars (Mustang and Bronco) vs utility/ daily cars (maverick). No one is putting in a manual.

and the biggest reason is RnD cost and EPA.
Epa treats every different transmission and engine combo differently. Meaning more testing. Which cost money every year.
then the RnD costs.
there Are a few Manual C2 platform vehicles available over seas but not here in usa. (Because the take rate is so low)

so combine all that cost vs the minimal number of people buying that option. (MAYBE 5,000 units a year) not worth the cost.

that and manuals arnt better than autos any more. They have a better drive train power loss and”fun”

but autos are faster, more fuel efficient and much better for city driving. And last just as long.

as fun as it is to drive a manual, give me the auto.

even talking to people 40-60 year olds buying corvettes and such, they want the auto because it’s still fast and easier to drive. So it’s not just me millennials.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know it will never happen, but it sure makes it more fun.
I don't care if an auto can shift faster and is more efficient. In fact a manual makes a slower vehicle more fun due to the engagement. As for longevity, that's the one I might argue. Clutch aside, most manuals are bulletproof.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, there is no way I will have 8 forward speeds and no control of the tranny. ...

You can control the gear changes on a modern automatic with the gas pedal. Want to downshift? A quick stab on the pedal will downshift and lifting up gets you an upshift. My current car has paddle shifters i never use because I was taught how to properly use a slushbox.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, there is no way I will have 8 forward speeds and no control of the tranny. ...

You can control the gear changes on a modern automatic with the gas pedal. Want to downshift? A quick stab on the pedal will downshift and lifting up gets you an upshift. My current car has paddle shifters i never use because I was taught how to properly use a slushbox.
agreed. But I love using paddle shifters or buttons on the shifter. Just more control.

what I hate is fake gears on CVTS. Had it on my Dodge Caliber like why.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I wanted the select shift to be able to lock out 7th and 8th gear. Sixth gear is the 1:1 gear. I live in an area with lots of short duration steep hills. Locking in 6th provides a drastic reduction of the tranny constantly downshifting. IMW that is very annoying. That's why I switched to the Hybrid.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted the select shift to be able to lock out 7th and 8th gear. Sixth gear is the 1:1 gear. I live in an area with lots of short duration steep hills. Locking in 6th provides a drastic reduction of the tranny constantly downshifting. IMW that is very annoying. That's why I switched to the Hybrid.
that’s why they have “Towing mode”
Select that in the drive modes selector.
especially in hilly areas. The truck will down shift to help get up the hills, and engine brake down hills. And won’t go into OD unless your cruising on a flat road.
EVERY Maverick has
Normal, Slippery, and Towing
Optional modes are
Eco, Mud, Sand, Sport.
Ford Maverick Any chance of a Maverick ST with manual transmission? B54FCC3A-8A3C-47F3-B22A-7C9C9058378B

Ford Maverick Any chance of a Maverick ST with manual transmission? E580C4F8-389E-47C9-A152-EAD761862311

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
While I agree that we'll likely not see a manual, in my perfect world scenario, they release some kind of a performance version of the Maverick in the next few years, which I'd quickly trade my current/near future Mav in on.
I think I just never got past my high school desire to own a GMC Syclone. :LOL:

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There will never be a manual transmission in the Maverick. Bet your retirement on it. If a Maverick ST would ever happen it would most likely use the same 2.3-liter turbo 4 and 7-speed (or 8-speed) automatic found in the global Ford Focus ST as these two vehicles share the same platform.
Sponsored