First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well all i can say to this at this point is automatics are built to fail. One day all of them will leak and then begin to die. This is fact. The timeframe is debatable but not the reality.
I don't get your point.

Won't all machines begin to die at some point?

If that's what it means to be "built to fail," then aren't all machines built to fail?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't get your point.

If that's what it means to be "built to fail," then aren't all machines built to fail?
Are machines will degrade at some point but automatic transmissions die very sneaky. And annoyingly.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't get your point.

The world would be a better place if car manufacturers hadn't invented entropy in the 90s.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well all i can say to this at this point is automatics are built to fail. One day all of them will leak and then begin to die. This is fact. The timeframe is debatable but not the reality. Electric cars are coming also fact. Do they need transmissions? No but there is no reason not to have one(unless its automatic). Ford built that electric mustang with a 6 speed. It didnt need it, but it worked and probably would make the motor last longer by simply turning fewer rpms. Bearings have a lifespan. Lots of electric machines have gear reduction, for efficiency and lifespan. Like your starter motor. I think lazy drivers who dont really in their heart want to drive, will always rally behind automatics. But real gear heads, who feel rpms in their chest when they dream at night. Will always prefer a manual. I think the future should have 3 types of cars. Autonomous(for the masses), semi autonomous(for adventurous masses), and manuals no matter the propulsion(even rockets have stages). Manuals should continue to exist for enthusiasts if a company wants to keep inspiring passion for customers, to create die-hards. Generational buyers and legacies.
Where did you see that the mach e has a 6 speed auto?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs