paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious, how you compare the Angry Elephant rack system to the Elevate CS Racks? Was there a reason to choose these over the complete Truxedo system? Sturdier construction? Easier to remove? My Mav is being built soon and kayaking season is also coming up. I want to have my options picked so that I can get the kayak hauling setup fit quickly.
Honestly, I did not do that much research or put much thought choosing between the Angry Elephant versus the Elevate branded rack when I got mine. Since I bought it as a package deal, I just went with what was packaged together since I knew it would all work.

I can say that I really like that my crossbeams are able to have accessories attached and detached from within the "T" track without the need to remove the end caps. In the dead center of each crossbeam, the "T" track has a wider opening so you can slide accessories into and out of that rail. For example, the lumber tie-downs you see in my photos could be removed if I slid them to the center point of the crossbeam, versus needing to remove an end cap and sliding it out from the end of the crossbeam. Hope that make sense. From what I can tell, the Elevate brand crossbeams don't have this feature and the "T" track is the same opening size for the entire length of the crossbeam. Look really closely at the top of the crossbeams in this photo to see what I mean. First is mine, second is a stock photo of Elevate.

Ford Maverick Angry Elephant Rack System mounted on Elevate TS Rails, with TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover 20230215_134140

Ford Maverick Angry Elephant Rack System mounted on Elevate TS Rails, with TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover erm-1118570_ek_xl
Sponsored

Last edited:

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at some videos and other info, I think one advantage to the Angry Elephant is having more height options. It seems like the Elevate CS only has the option of 18" or 28"?

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at some videos and other info, I think one advantage to the Angry Elephant is having more height options. It seems like the Elevate CS only has the option of 18" or 28"?
That I am not sure about. I went back and edited my last coment to add some photos if you want to see what I am talking about when I say the Elephant lets you take things on and off easier than the Elevate though.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the idea. I cut 1 5/8" out of the slot. Now I can remove accessories from the elevate rails. Used a dremel, small file and black paint.

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the idea. I cut 1 5/8" out of the slot. Now I can remove accessories from the elevate rails. Used a dremel, small file and black paint.
Never thought about modifying the Elevate to act like the Angry Elephant. Glad you thought of it and glad it worked!

Sponsored

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does the bottom of the Elevate look like? Does it also have a T-track all the way across?

I need to check when I get back to the Mav tonight, but I am pretty sure I have the same center cutouts on the bottom side of the cross-beams of my Angry Elephant as well. For slotting in accessories to the underside of the cross-beams. If you cut out the top of yours, might be worth cutting out the bottom as well.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does the bottom of the Elevate look like? Does it also have a T-track all the way across?

I need to check when I get back to the Mav tonight, but I am pretty sure I have the same center cutouts on the bottom side of the cross-beams of my Angry Elephant as well. For slotting in accessories to the underside of the cross-beams. If you cut out the top of yours, might be worth cutting out the bottom as well.
Has slots on the bottom, but I'll cross that bridge if/when necessary.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like that idea. Do you have pic of your work ?

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's a serious rack man. Congrats!

Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

StevenK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, 2017
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally managed to get my Angry Elephant Rack System with Elevate TS Rails and TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover installed. Man was it a journey.

For those curious about the stats, here is a link to the rack system that is bundled with the T Slot Rails: https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/truck-rack-system/angry-elephant-rack-system.html

Maverick works well with the 50" rails option if you are ordering the combo.

And here is the Tonneau Cover: https://truxedo.com/pro-x15

Why was it "a journey" you may ask? Well......lets just say I have at least 4 bags of extra nuts, bolts, and other random hardware left over. Some still sealed, some open and partially used. Some looking suspiciously important, yet unused.

Since it is three separate products from three separate manufacturers, yet is all shipped to you as one package, things get co-mingled if you are not careful. Since each product is supposed to work together and sort of share each others framework/materials a bit, it seems I was sent extra of almost everything. Each company gave me a full set of some of the common items. Great! Can't mess it up if you have 12 of everything and only need 4, right? Well.......yes and no.

My problem was that for the T-Slot bolts (used both on the edge of the bed and up on the bottom side of the cross bars), there were about 10 different variations. Both in bolt diameter, thread size and pitch, as well as bolt "length" if that makes sense. How tall off the flat T shaped base the bolt extended for example. And guess what, none were labeled, all came in clear bags, and for the most part all could in theory slot in to any of the parts you were trying to bolt down. Until you come across a part that needs a really specific T-Slot bolt.....and you realize you used that one for an earlier step.....haha. That is what happened to me. Unfortunately for those.....they sent the exact quantity you need. Not one more or one less.

After a bit of assembly and disassembly (followed by more cautious assembly and second guessing myself after staring really hard and long at a bunch of T-Slot bolts), we are done! I laugh at their claim it can be put on and taken off in 30 minutes, but maybe you can once you have the hang of it. Just don't mix up your bolts!

20221213_132218.jpg

20221213_132240.jpg

20221213_132526.jpg

20221213_132309.jpg

20221213_132255.jpg
Great post and photos! I want this rack but the $1200 price is too high. Instead of Angry Elephant it should be Wealthy Elephant!

OP
OP
paneubert

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great post and photos! I want this rack but the $1200 price is too high. Instead of Angry Elephant it should be Wealthy Elephant!
Yeah, inflation. I went back and looked at my order confirmation and I paid $834.00 with free shipping in January 2022.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, inflation. I went back and looked at my order confirmation and I paid $834.00 with free shipping in January 2022.
I have the Elevate rack with Ford roll-up. Paul and I will be at the meet up tomorrow, and we can compare systems. Big difference is the support, Elevate has wide footing base where the other uses a 45° brace. Height on elevate is two sizes, but only need to drill a couple of holes on inner pipe to get sizes between. My cross-bars don't look as wide either.

Ford Maverick Angry Elephant Rack System mounted on Elevate TS Rails, with TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover 1676672917786
Sponsored