Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw this the other day and wondering if anyone has purchased/installed one yet?

The bottom height is 18" and it seems like even at that height it will sit slightly above the cab height. You need to purchase the TS rails and it seems like only inside style tonneau covers will work so the Gator and Rough Country tri-folds aren't compatible.

The 28" height seems really high for a maverick :) It will be a full 10 inches or more above the bed.

https://truxedo.com/elevate-rack-system/2022/ford/maverick

Obviously the picture isn't a maverick but just for reference.

Ford Maverick TruXedo Elevate Rack System + works with inside Tonneau Cover images_ePIM_original_HRO_Elevate_21Ford-F150_01Closed_h500_q80
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are awesome and look and work great.

I have this combination on mine.

Ford Maverick TruXedo Elevate Rack System + works with inside Tonneau Cover 1650487805521

Ford Maverick TruXedo Elevate Rack System + works with inside Tonneau Cover F9EECD22-014F-4BFF-BE4E-909B37A0883E

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They come with the TS rail. 50”.

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They come with the TS rail. 50”.
Cool - yeah I was interested in their rack system as it was a little cheaper.

How are the racks at 18" and sitting above the cab? Any noise or whistling?

I really wish someone would have made one more specific to the maverick with racks that could be lowered below the height of the cab for a better look and possibly less drag.

A 14" and 24" height would make a lot more sense for the Maverick to me. 28" as an upper height on a Maverick is ridiculous. I think the Angry Elephant ones has adjustments so you can do 18" 20" etc which makes more sense but still is a little high for me in the lowest position.

Sponsored

zakstang

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are awesome and look and work great.

I have this combination on mine.

1650487805521.png

F9EECD22-014F-4BFF-BE4E-909B37A0883E.jpeg
How much of a pain in the butt is it to remove the rack? Im a painter and only would need it on there if I needed to haul my extension ladder...So I wouldnt want to leave it on all the time...

thanks!!!!

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much of a pain in the butt is it to remove the rack? Im a painter and only would need it on there if I needed to haul my extension ladder...So I wouldnt want to leave it on all the time...

thanks!!!!
If you don’t put the tie down cleats on you can remove the racks by loosening 4 bolts and working it down the track.

If you enlarge the pic you can see them.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I really wish someone would have made one more specific to the maverick with racks that could be lowered below the height of the cab for a better look and possibly less drag.

A 14" and 24" height would make a lot more sense for the Maverick to me. 28" as an upper height on a Maverick is ridiculous. I think the Angry Elephant ones has adjustments so you can do 18" 20" etc which makes more sense but still is a little high for me in the lowest position.
I don’t hear anything that sounds like it coming from the racks. I have little wind noise from the back sliding window. Not much and normally only notice it when there is hood cross breeze.

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your system doesn't extend above the cab though, correct?

I carry SUP's and Kayaks so I do need the highest position to be above the cab height.

My complaint is that the lowest position 18" height of the Truxedo rack and the Elephant is STILL ABOVE the cab height and the 28" position is like putting a lighthouse on there - super tall and useless since the 18" seems to already clear the roof.

If 18" can clear the cab and it has 10" of travel I would have rather seen a 10" height (below the cab similar to yours but a little higher) and a 20" upper position height that would be 3-4" above the cab.

With either of these systems I'd be inclined to see if I could cut off some of the top or bottom section to reduce the total height.

Last edited:

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I installed the Elevate rack/rails last month and have been driving daily with the rack in low setting and do not experience any wind noise. So far I’m very happy with the setup.
Ford Maverick TruXedo Elevate Rack System + works with inside Tonneau Cover 85D52836-94FE-4ABA-9A40-BEDB93C6C70C

Sponsored

SiLence

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Your system doesn't extend above the cab though, correct?

I carry SUP's and Kayaks so I do need the highest position to be above the cab height.

My complaint is that the lowest position 18" height of the Truxedo rack and the Elephant is STILL ABOVE the cab height and the 28" position is like putting a lighthouse on there - super tall and useless since the 18" seems to already clear the roof.

If 18" can clear the cab and it has 10" of travel I would have rather seen a 10" height (below the cab similar to yours but a little higher) and a 20" upper position height that would be 3-4" above the cab.

With either of these systems I'd be inclined to see if I could cut off some of the top or bottom section to reduce the total height.
Correct, mine was mostly below the cab.

I was also having trouble finding something that can be adjusted from BELOW to SLIGHTLY ABOVE the cab. A 10" to 20" adjustable would be really nice.

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do the height bolts just go all the way through or are they threaded?

Wondering if it would be possible to cut 4" off the outside piece and the inside piece and re-drill holes so it would be more of a 10" and 20" rack.

Also wish they would use knobs for the adjustment bolts rather than allens so you can raise or drop them easier without tools.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do the height bolts just go all the way through or are they threaded?

Wondering if it would be possible to cut 4" off the outside piece and the inside piece and re-drill holes so it would be more of a 10" and 20" rack.

Also wish they would use knobs for the adjustment bolts rather than allens so you can raise or drop them easier without tools.

Yes - the bolts go all the way through - see pic.
I believe it would be possible to cut down the height without causing issues. I would prefer a lower height that sits below roofline, but I don’t have the guts to try it.
I also wish there was an easier way to unbolt for faster raise/lower

Ford Maverick TruXedo Elevate Rack System + works with inside Tonneau Cover 052C0678-407D-4023-8E72-1E388D6E365A
Sponsored