Am I dumb or something?

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
Well, that's only partly true. If a particular dealer has a lot of allocations, Ford does pull the low numbers first (if they have all the needed parts), because that's what the dealer has indicated to Ford. A 19 is what's on a dealer's orders for stock. A 10 indicates a retail customer's order. A 2 can be given by a regional manager, and often helps. That said, there's at least one person on here who's had a 2 designation since September. There are a number of factors, such as hybrid or ecoboost, large dealer or small, which options you've added, and especially the availability of parts. We wait, we wonder.
Actually a 19 is the highest retail order code . 20 and above are stock. I was a 19 ordered 6/26 got pulled for 8/20 that was the 2nd retail order build week. At least in the beginning Ford was going by reservation dates and not by priority codes according to an insider who posted this. My dealer Mgr. said the priority code could not be changed and that 19 was the standard retail code generated by the system and Ford can change if they choose so. But commodity items do play a big part right now. I've been watching this since June and it does not appear to me that priority codes matter much. I can also tell you that my dealer has 3 or more locations. I was the 2nd order for the ecoboost at my dealer and was the 2nd one to be built and they both arrived at the same time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

RustyF150

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Grand Marquis, '69 Chevelle SS L-78 Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, question...

I got my order for an XLT in within the first week. People are talking about getting vins and results after order in September, but I ordered mine in literally 5 days... so June or July. (Can't remember) and I got nothing. My dealer says the order is confirmed and I ha e a confirmation e-mail, put my 500 down and nothing.

Not scheduled, no vin yet.

Is anyone else waiting this long? They said fall, but I am watching as someone who ordered in late August get theirs next week.
My reservation went in July 28th, order was confirmed Aug. 3rd and then a Dec. 2nd e-mail gave my Mav a Jan 31st production week AND a gave me the VIN number.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What Model and trim did you order?
I ordered the XL as the 2.0 EB FWD, but got it with the spray-in bed liner, rear slider window, carpet mats/liners, Co-Pilot 360, and a few other add-ons. I knew if I ordered a hybrid (what I really wanted) it would probably be summer by the time I saw my order. "Ain't nobody got time for that!" As it stands, I'll be lucky to see my Maverick by March.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my ECO 2.0 Dec 15. The Fleet manager sat with me and input all the items on my build & price sheet I brought with me. The order sheet he printed and handed to me for signature says "type" of order is retail - and I have a Priority 19. I asked my sales rep if I could get that moved to 10 and was told no, ALL their orders get assigned 19 and nobody has authority to change that.
I would say that your salesman is wrong. I say this based on my experience with my salesman and what others have written in to this forum. The dealership sets it's priority level up to 10, anything lower (9-1) is done by the Regional managers.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would say that your salesman is wrong. I say this based on my experience with my salesman and what others have written in to this forum. The dealership sets it's priority level up to 10, anything lower (9-1) is done by the Regional managers.
based on what I've read here I was not expecting the answer he gave me. But, he's no rando sales shlub- I've bought from him before and we speak often. He was very helpful pre-order with calling me to let me know when there would be a trainer on-site to check out, getting me a test drive in their 1st delivered Mav and more along the way. It could be a sales GM policy, Owner policy, or BS and not sure it really matters in the big picture. I only ordered XL and he's not going to make a huge commission on it. With none driving around town I would likely end up answering a lot of questions about it that could be helpful to them. Thing is I actually prefer a slower process on this as I still haven't got my funding source in hand yet and time is on my side with this luxury purchase :cool:

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am concerned just from reading..... "so June or July. (Can't remember)". Really, you can't even remember the month you ordered the vehicle, but it was like ":literally in 5 days. wow

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I am concerned just from reading..... "so June or July. (Can't remember)". Really, you can't even remember the month you ordered the vehicle, but it was like ":literally in 5 days. wow
It really is of no consequence when YOU order, it is when YOUR DEALER, gets around to submitting the order. I ordered July 3rd, dealer sent order in July 23rd after we emailed signed DORA and copy of my license.

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
It really is of no consequence when YOU order, it is when YOUR DEALER, gets around to submitting the order. I ordered July 3rd, dealer sent order in July 23rd after we emailed signed DORA and copy of my license.
And as far as wait time, I just got notification that my vehicle is built and expected at dealership between Jan 28 and Feb 3. So for all those that put orders in recently, sit back, grab a beer, cross off the days, weeks and months on your calendar and wait patiently.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Multiple things factor into you getting picked up. Your early order date only means you are in the front of the line, in your code, in your build, at your dealer.
  • If you have anything on the restricted list, you get booted from the line
  • If Ford runs out of one of your limited items before your turn, you get booted
  • If your dealer has you at 19, anyone with a 18 or less skips the line in front of you
  • If your dealer has limited allocations only a few people get picked a month
  • If Ford runs out of allocations before your turn, everyone gets sent home
  • The line didn't matter from June - Sept as Ford wasn't picking anyone yet.
  • If your dealer messed up the paperwork, you are are in the wrong line
What is the "restricted list" - did I miss this?

How do you know your priority #?

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And as far as wait time, I just got notification that my vehicle is built and expected at dealership between Jan 28 and Feb 3. So for all those that put orders in recently, sit back, grab a beer, cross off the days, weeks and months on your calendar and wait patiently.
Have you kept count of the "waiting" beers? 😂

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not concerned about that at all. It happens (or will happen) to all of us.

However, I'm extremely concerned that you put in a spurious colon and omitted a quotation mark near the end of your post. Is everything ok? Have you been to the doctor recently? Are you taking your medications? :sneaky::devilish:

(Relax... just joking. I'm not really concerned about that either.)

Last edited:

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
According to the tracker on the page
887 ordered in June of those 228 have build dates

601 of the June orders are Hybrid and 120 of those have build dates (13.3%)
286 of the June orders are Ecoboost and 108 have build dates (34.9%)

Multiple things factor into you getting picked up. Your early order date only means you are in the front of the line, in your code, in your build, at your dealer.
  • If you have anything on the restricted list, you get booted from the line
  • If Ford runs out of one of your limited items before your turn, you get booted
  • If your dealer has you at 19, anyone with a 18 or less skips the line in front of you
  • If your dealer has limited allocations only a few people get picked a month
  • If Ford runs out of allocations before your turn, everyone gets sent home
  • The line didn't matter from June - Sept as Ford wasn't picking anyone yet.
  • If your dealer messed up the paperwork, you are are in the wrong line
What all is on the restricted list?

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What all is on the restricted list?
What is the "restricted list" - did I miss this?

How do you know your priority #?

Sorry "restricted" list was me being loose with my language and referring to things with 0% availability on the constraint list. You can see these on the monthly constraint list when they said "no availability" or "0%"

When I posted this in November Ford had a few things every week/month they just straight up werent scheduling builds with. You can see this with the Film in the list i found below from September
Ford Maverick Am I dumb or something? 2022 Ford Maverick constraints

Keep an eye on the monthly constraints posting and you will see what is a no-go for a build.

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry "restricted" list was me being loose with my language and referring to things with 0% availability on the constraint list. You can see these on the monthly constraint list when they said "no availability" or "0%"

When I posted this in November Ford had a few things every week/month they just straight up werent scheduling builds with. You can see this with the Film in the list i found below from September
2022 Ford Maverick constraints.png

Keep an eye on the monthly constraints posting and you will see what is a no-go for a build.
Thanks. I’ll find and check it out.
Sponsored