Sponsored

How screwed (or not) am I?

ThePlowKing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
My truck has arrived at the dealer. I ordered it in late October. 2022 Lariat. My company has a deal with Ford to get us X Plan pricing, and I have email from the sales guy at the time of ordering saying this: "I ordered your vehicle X Plan. When the vehicle arrives the X plan price is on the invoice, that will be your price." He declined to take a deposit. I have been receiving the notifications from Ford about the steps of build and delivery. But I feel queasy not having any kind of signed purchase agreement. What prevents the dealership from adding on whatever markup they want? Just reputation risk?

Going in tomorrow to sign. Another yellow flag is that the sales guy refused to send me the paperwork by email. I assume this means I'll be subjected to the usual hard sell on stuff I'll decline. Hopefully that's the only friction.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good Luck. Wishing you the best.

It could be the best buying experience youā€™ve had. It could happen. šŸ˜Š

FDT93

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra, Tucson, 1986 Merkur XR4Ti
I know that feeling. Even though I signed the order when I placed it, I walked out of the dealership without my own copy of anything that was signed.
The months of reading all of the horror stories on this forum while waiting for the truck to be built and delivered really had me anxious when the time came to pick up the truck.
It turned out I was worried for nothing. The salesman I worked with and the dealership really came through and made it an easy process with no unpleasant surprises.

I hope your experience is the same.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
let us know what happens, I'm curious to your outcome.

Best of luck!!

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All my communication was via email and phone with the dealer up until my Maverick arrived. The day I went in to take delivery, the upsell was minimal and everything went smoothly.

Ecl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eli Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 hhr ss, 93 f250, 17 explorer platinum
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That exactly what happened with me. Go into order and the sales guy told me I get xplan because of the company I work for. No deposit just me signing my order sheet and everything went smooth once it came in.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
try not to psyche yourself out with "what if's" before you even get there. Nothing bad has happened yet, so no reason to expect it will.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You have a deal with your company for X plan. I really doubt they will try to screw you over especially when your company is in the picture. If there is something the Finance guy shows you and you do not want it: Remember what Nancy Reagan said "Just Say No" man I just dated myself :rolleyes:

Sponsored

JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have a deal with your company for X plan. I really doubt they will try to screw you over especially when your company is in the picture. If there is something the Finance guy shows you and you do not want it: Remember what Nancy Reagan said "Just Say No" man I just dated myself :rolleyes:
Nancy the throat GOAT mostly said "schllllurp."

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

One reason i got a x plan was to keep the transaction simple as possable.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Prepare! Donā€™t walk in empty handed. Before hand, print out anything relevant, email/text communications you have and get all your discount documentation in order.

Tomorrow, budget your time, so youā€™re not pressured to leave, due to other obligations. Have a solid meal and bring your Ford water bottle, that Iā€™m sure you already have. Above all sense, donā€™t rollover when they jingle those keys in your face. Itā€™s your truck, you just need to secure the best deal possible. Good luck!

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I know that feeling. Even though I signed the order when I placed it, I walked out of the dealership without my own copy of anything that was signed.
The months of reading all of the horror stories on this forum while waiting for the truck to be built and delivered really had me anxious when the time came to pick up the truck.
It turned out I was worried for nothing. The salesman I worked with and the dealership really came through and made it an easy process with no unpleasant surprises.

I hope your experience is the same.
Posts like this blow my mind. How could you make a huge purchase like a new vehicle and not ask for copies of the paperwork you signed. FWIW I'm not singling out FDT93 specifically because I've read so many post from members here who have done the same thing.

It just seems crazy to me that you wouldn't ask for copies of the paperwork.....

OP
OP

ThePlowKing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
Lol. I asked for paperwork multiple times and was told, "that's not how it works" and "this dealership doesn't do it that way." I have signed nothing. And I've given no deposit. This will be my 12th new-vehicle purchase I think and it definitely feels like the shadiest one yet. Haven't owned a Ford since '95. If this falls apart, I might not ever again. We'll see how it goes.
Sponsored