spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Following. Interested to see what happens. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will be alright. Don’t walk away from the truck regardless of what happens. They will sell it 5 minutes after you leave.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will all go well. Just stand your ground. Do not get rude or use a curse word. Just listen to what they say. Refuse a markup if they add one on.

OP
OP

ThePlowKing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
Thanks, all, for the encouraging words. In the end this was my first or second easiest vehicle purchase. Barry at Ford of Kirkland kept to his word and respected the X Plan order (roughly $1000 below MSRP). I was ready with printouts of the email history, my X Plan PIN, etc., which helped. I listened patiently to the pitches for extended warranty and maintenance plan before politely declining. Blanca in Finance was great. We bonded over parking-lot hit-and-run stories. She did not press me on add-ons. And then I met Steve, who handles the online order processing. Still kind of in awe of how this dealership values its customers. I remarked to Barry that the lot seemed reasonably populated with new vehicles if not exactly full, and he laughed and said the 5-acre storage lot around the corner is completely empty. I feel for these folks. It's a tough time. And I'm super grateful that the dealership owner (who also owns Hyundai next door) keeps a long-term perspective. Super refreshing. I'll buy more from them.

Oh, one more anecdote: I was pissed about needing to make two trips: one to finalize paperwork and another to present my bank check. But Barry told me he'd have been happy to take a personal check for the full amount (I wish I'd understood that sooner). He followed me home, I ran in to write a check and then drove him back to the dealership ... and I left with my truck. We told fish stories in both directions. Solid dude.

Ford Maverick How screwed (or not) am I? IMG_9517

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks, all, for the encouraging words. In the end this was my first or second easiest vehicle purchase. Barry at Ford of Kirkland kept to his word and respected the X Plan order (roughly $1000 below MSRP). I was ready with printouts of the email history, my X Plan PIN, etc., which helped. I listened patiently to the pitches for extended warranty and maintenance plan before politely declining. Blanca in Finance was great. We bonded over parking-lot hit-and-run stories. She did not press me on add-ons. And then I met Steve, who handles the online order processing. Still kind of in awe of how this dealership values its customers. I remarked to Barry that the lot seemed reasonably populated with new vehicles if not exactly full, and he laughed and said the 5-acre storage lot around the corner is completely empty. I feel for these folks. It's a tough time. And I'm super grateful that the dealership owner (who also owns Hyundai next door) keeps a long-term perspective. Super refreshing. I'll buy more from them.

Oh, one more anecdote: I was pissed about needing to make two trips: one to finalize paperwork and another to present my bank check. But Barry told me he'd have been happy to take a personal check for the full amount (I wish I'd understood that sooner). He followed me home, I ran in to write a check and then drove him back to the dealership ... and I left with my truck. We told fish stories in both directions. Solid dude.

IMG_9517.jpg
Sounds like a great experience! Congratulations!

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So happy it worded out! Congratulations.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad there's been some reputable dealers. My last three vehicles I bought a dealer were a hyundai, cadillac and Ford. And the Ford was the only one that was easy and didn't feel like they were constantly trying to screw me over during the process.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford of Kirkland......got it, residents of WA?

The "good guys" deserve the business, word-of-mouth, and free pub! They are out there, we need to promote them as much as possible, and steer people away from the dirt bag dealers.

Ford is not going to "fix" this issue, we, the consumers, need to do it.

OP
OP

ThePlowKing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
Yeah, I've been out here in WA for 18.5 years after working around NYC and then, before that, being an Army brat and moving all over. Really like it here after living here longer than anywhere else (next longest: Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg).

But yes ... the good guys need to be recognized. Ford of Kirkland was great.
Sponsored