First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm that’s a big area. Yes, Jim Goguen at Jim’s Auto Installations & Detail Center in Ipswich, Mass.
Thanks!!!
I don't mind the couple hour drive if I know it is someone that does a great job. This is not som
Hmm that’s a big area. Yes, Jim Goguen at Jim’s Auto Installations & Detail Center in Ipswich, Mass.
Thanks!!!
I don't mind a 2-3 hour drive for someone that does a great job.
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not entirely sure but it could have something to do with it. We are seeing this from most manufacturers so I would say it’s more along the lines of just spraying them thin to cut cost, time, etc.
Have been thru both Audi, Porsche and Mercedese factory assembly line tours...and most if not all paint at A, P and M were water-based paint. Porsche first did a dipped primer, 6 or 7 coats of color paint depending on color, applied robotically, drying between coats, then under heat lamps and sealed rooms for 10-15 hours....my understanding is that today most automotive paints are water based.

Audi, Porsche and Mercedese "plastic" front and rear plastic bumpers were painted separately and with different paint, verses metal or aluminum. Plastic/fiberglass bumpers were attached afterwards.

Did an "amateur" nano-ceramic coating this weekend, already had Ceramic product by CQ.UK 3.0 left over from prior ceramic coating of Cayman. Porsche Cayman to the left was done 4 years ago took 6 hours, prep washing, ceramic and final reload coating.

Maverick below took 11 hours including 3 hours of waiting/curing time, but added clay bar step. Roof of Maverick took a ladder and more time due to more surface area to do. Critical to have a relatively dust free garage, a dozen good microfiber rags, and good lighting. Photo does not do justice to the real look...

Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. IMG_0680

Last edited:

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@ParagonDetail :

Did you use the P&S beadmaker on your truck as well as the evo4? Would there be any point in doing so? I'm trying to wrap my mind around what's appropriate to use and when. Is beadmaker more of a maintenance product or can it be used as a stand alone?

I'd like to get something that can be easily applied and doesn't have a complicated application procedure to use on some of our older vehicles that just aren't worth the full ceramic treatment. Is there a product that fills that role?

I don't mind spending a bit more than you would for something you pick up at walmart - not more than, say, about $50 - but one that's better and longer lasting than the cheap stuff.

Thanks

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OP
OP
ParagonDetail

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have been thru both Audi, Porsche and Mercedese factory assembly line tours...and most if not all paint at A, P and M were water-based paint. Porsche first did a dipped primer, 6 or 7 coats of color paint depending on color, applied robotically, drying between coats, then under heat lamps and sealed rooms for 10-15 hours....my understanding is that today most automotive paints are water based.

Audi, Porsche and Mercedese "plastic" front and rear plastic bumpers were painted separately and with different paint, verses metal or aluminum. Plastic/fiberglass bumpers were attached afterwards.

Did an "amateur" nano-ceramic coating this weekend, already had Ceramic product by CQ.UK 3.0 left over from prior ceramic coating of Cayman. Porsche Cayman to the left was done 4 years ago took 6 hours, prep washing, ceramic and final reload coating.

Maverick below took 11 hours including 3 hours of waiting/curing time, but added clay bar step. Roof of Maverick took a ladder and more time due to more surface area to do. Critical to have a relatively dust free garage, a dozen good microfiber rags, and good lighting. Photo does not do justice to the real look...

IMG_0680.jpg
I understand that all to be correct.

Great job, looks fantastic 👍

OP
OP
ParagonDetail

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@ParagonDetail :

Did you use the P&S beadmaker on your truck as well as the evo4? Would there be any point in doing so? I'm trying to wrap my mind around what's appropriate to use and when. Is beadmaker more of a maintenance product or can it be used as a stand alone?

I'd like to get something that can be easily applied and doesn't have a complicated application procedure to use on some of our older vehicles that just aren't worth the full ceramic treatment. Is there a product that fills that role?

I don't mind spending a bit more than you would for something you pick up at walmart - not more than, say, about $50 - but one that's better and longer lasting than the cheap stuff.

Thanks
Bead Maker is a spray sealant that I use for maintenance on my vehicles as well as clients. It can be used as a stand-alone product but I would recommend applying it every month in that case. You can use it as a drying aid or after you dry. It’ll keep your paint protected. Bead Maker definitely fills the role you’re looking to fill. If people aren’t paying for a coating that’s what I give them. Its not much more expensive than anything you find at Walmart. I get gallons for $40ish.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bead Maker is a spray sealant that I use for maintenance on my vehicles as well as clients. It can be used as a stand-alone product but I would recommend applying it every month in that case. You can use it as a drying aid or after you dry. It’ll keep your paint protected. Bead Maker definitely fills the role you’re looking to fill. If people aren’t paying for a coating that’s what I give them. Its not much more expensive than anything you find at Walmart. I get gallons for $40ish.
Thanks for the tip! I have to get my old car ready for sale when my maverick is delivered in a month or so - don't want to spend a lot just to sell it. It needs to sparkle because even dealers get stars in their eyes when they see something shiny.

Have you used this product? Opinions on the product line?

https://adamspolishes.com/collectio...ucts/graphene-ceramic-spray-coating™-advanced

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kudos to the OP for the responsiveness and care given in the work and the advice!! This is someone who is truly passionate and knowledgeable. I do have a questions. I'm old school and never even heard of ceramic coating until about a year ago. With the area 51 paint being visually less deep because of lack of flake, do you think that the process you used would be a bit overkill because the results would be less dramatic? Or, is the protection factor enough? I would also be interested in what you would suggest as a simple DIY solution for area 51, as I'm not sure I wish to spend that much.

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kudos to the OP for the responsiveness and care given in the work and the advice!! This is someone who is truly passionate and knowledgeable. I do have a questions. I'm old school and never even heard of ceramic coating until about a year ago. With the area 51 paint being visually less deep because of lack of flake, do you think that the process you used would be a bit overkill because the results would be less dramatic? Or, is the protection factor enough? I would also be interested in what you would suggest as a simple DIY solution for area 51, as I'm not sure I wish to spend that much.
Not to hijack the OP’s thread but I ceramic coated my Area 51 Mav and posted a thread on this subforum using a kit from Adam’s. I am by no means a professional and found it easy (albeit time consuming) to apply and was incredibly happy with the results. While you are right that the depth of the paint is not as dramatic of a change as black or red, I thought it looked incredible and I’m happy to have the layer of protection there. Car washes and details have been a breeze since.

Sponsored

Maverick2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to hijack the OP’s thread but I ceramic coated my Area 51 Mav and posted a thread on this subforum using a kit from Adam’s. I am by no means a professional and found it easy (albeit time consuming) to apply and was incredibly happy with the results. While you are right that the depth of the paint is not as dramatic of a change as black or red, I thought it looked incredible and I’m happy to have the layer of protection there. Car washes and details have been a breeze since.
I appreciate the info. Can you share what products that you used and also any prep you had to do?

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

robekert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Velocity Blue 2.0 EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, I actually read all 15 pages of this thread. Great info. I am a DIYer when it comes to detailing so I appreciate the OP hanging in and monitoring the questions and responding. I appreciate your efforts.

I wash and detail my Velocity Blue Mav using either a 3 bucket touch wash/foam monthly and ONR rinseless weekly. Beadmaker is my drying aid and finish with a spray sealant.

I purchased Avalon King Ceramic Coating 6 months ago but have not applied it. I do not have a garage to do it in and do not want to ruin the curing of the coating. I will figure it out, I guess…..

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was ROTFL just now. Here is a whole video which just recaps the OP's posting. I mean, this person had the chutzpah to make a whole video out of another person's posting. Genius. You just show random screen captures and photos and add a speculative narrative on Ranger quality. You don't have to do anything other than repackage some actual information discovered by somebody else.

The positive: With advertising like this, Paragon Detailing will soon have to go franchise because demand will be so great.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I'm going to get busy repackaging all the threads on this site into clickbait videos.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased Avalon King Ceramic Coating 6 months ago but have not applied it. I do not have a garage to do it in and do not want to ruin the curing of the coating. I will figure it out, I guess…..
I put the Avalon King coating this weekend in the driveway. It was very user friendly.

The prep work was not. It was 5 hours of washing and decontamination. The truck was clean when I started. The coating took another hour and it is much like waxing a car. However, the coating instructions say it needs 48 hrs after completion when it needs to be protected from rain. Mine sat outside and the tree droppings and insects wiped right off and did not effect the finish. My finished product is not showroom but it is nice looking.

This truck has lots of inset joints and spots for dirt and wax to collect . It would be hard to wax on a regular basis and treesap sticks to the factory clearcoat worse than any finish I have ever seen. Ceramic coating is the way to go. Do it soon.
Sponsored

Last edited: