First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adams Ceramic coating kit Amaxon reading the 1star reviews I will have a pro do ceramic
Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
FYI on ceramic coating……. I applied Gtechniq CSL about a month ago. I’ve had two instances where it was tested. One was where I bumped the driver door into a brick post while opening, and the other is where some dirt bag dragged something against the rear passenger door leaving a 20” mark.

For the bumped brick post……no mark was left. I did this before the CSL was applied once and still have the mark.

For the drag mark on the door……wiped completely off with a microfiber towel.

Also……truck stays amazingly clean now, even during pollen season. I’m not saying CSL is a miracle solution, but every bit helps these days.

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I brought my Maverick in (XLT w/ Lux Package hybrid in shadow black w/ mud flaps and Protective Film Hood/Fenders) to the detailer for get a ceramic coating done. He gave me a call this morning and said that the way the soap is reacting to my vehicle after the wash, he believes it already has a ceramic coating done on it and recommended a graphene coating on top for extra durability (and 1/4 the cost!)

Question is where did this ceramic coating come from? The Lux package didn't include any information about adding one nor does the XLT trim!
Maybe the dealer washed it and put a wax/sealant on it but I highly doubt they ceramic coated it without your notice.

You don’t put a ceramic coating over another pre existing coating, especially when you don’t know what that coating is and what the durability is.
For example say it’s a sealant that has 3-4 months durability.. And you put a 3 year ceramic coating on it. That coating will be bonded to the sealant.. meaning when that sealant disappears in a couple months so will the coating on top of it.

Remove whatever it is off and coat it properly with a true ceramic coating that you or your detailer stand behind.

Hope that helps đź‘Ť

OP
OP

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maybe the dealer washed it and put a wax/sealant on it but I highly doubt they ceramic coated it without your notice.

You don’t put a ceramic coating over another pre existing coating, especially when you don’t know what that coating is and what the durability is.
For example say it’s a sealant that has 3-4 months durability.. And you put a 3 year ceramic coating on it. That coating will be bonded to the sealant.. meaning when that sealant disappears in a couple months so will the coating on top of it.

Remove whatever it is off and coat it properly with a true ceramic coating that you or your detailer stand behind.

Hope that helps đź‘Ť
Yup! Sounds good, thank you
Sponsored