Sponsored

Paint Protection Film vs Ceramic Coating?

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Thank you! I’m leaning more that way. I think I read about Xpel and one other one that I need to find and then a place that applies it.

I know what you mean about big strikes! I’ve had a guy in front of me run over a gopher turtle which went airborne, landed on my hood (dent) and cracked my windshield. Another time a guy 2 vehicles ahead of me lost a Xmas tree (in February!) off his truck, the guy behind him tried to dodge it but kicked it up and I ended up running over a part of it that blew out my tire and flipped it over on my hood 😱 I‘m planning on driving to NC next week, hoping the deer are not still mating and the bucks are not tearing across the roads without looking🤞🏻🤣
Yep, I'm thinking there isn't gonna be a PPF for a buck! Well, probably not for a gopher turtle either! (Gonna have to google that critter!)
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going with the film. My current car with 182k on it looks great all the way around, until you get to the hood and front bumper, which look like they've been sand blasted.

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man you nailed it with that post. Ceramic is not new but it is to most people. So there is a lot of confusion out there. But you are exactly correct in how you defined and compared the two products. THANKS
So if I want my paint to look good go ceramic and if I want to protect my Maverick I should use a physical barrier for flat and frontal areas I should get a bra. Do they still make them?

LongLivePeart2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My opinion: As many have offered, ceramics and PPF are different, enough so that they are sometimes combined, ceramic coating on top of PPF (not necessarily advocating, just saying). But for rock chip protection, PPF no doubt. Reading this forum about the Mav’s thin, soft paint has me considering it when/if mine comes in.

As an aside, one great thing about this forum is reading the diversity of ways people express pride in ownership. Be it extreme detailing, accessorizing, or customizing, it’s great to see so many appreciating their vehicles and making them their own!
Sponsored