Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m just gonna start by saying that these Mavericks are already head turners when they’re out in the wild… But now this thing straight up is snapping necks.

Finally had the time to detail my truck properly. It was washed, decontaminated and pretty much every surface is now ceramic coated. Paint was in such good shape after washing and prep, that I fortunately didn’t have to do any paint correction. This is rare but shows how taking the proper precautions and making sure your vehicle is in professional hands can save you a lot of time and money. This truck is Ceramic Coated so it’s UV protected, it’s going to stay cleaner for alot longer, it’s going to stay looking glossy and cleaning it is going to be a piece of cake thanks to the low surface energy and high contact angle the ceramic coating provides. This is going to protect my vehicle from things like bird scat, insect acid, hard water, acid rain, road salt and much more.

Here are a few thoughts..

1.) Don’t let your dealer touch the truck. This is going to prevent you from having to pay to fix any scratches/imperfections they administer. This is important because polishing is where you’re going to spend your money at the detail shop.

Warning: these trucks have little to no paint on them.. (more later on)

2.) Find an certified detailer with proper knowledge and experience and don’t let joe shmoe touch your truck. You get what you pay for quite literally in the detailing industry. You can always find someone to do it cheaper, but that’s not necessarily better. You’ll usually end up paying another detailer to fix the first ones mistakes. In this case, not hiring a professional could easily lead to them burning through the little paint you have trying to correct it.

3.)PAINT IS THIN
This is so important. If you or your detailer are going to polish the truck in any way, they NEED to do a paint reading with a paint depth gauge. Paint preservation is most important.
I was shocked at how little clear coat was on certain parts of my truck and had I not taken the right precautions and measured the paint, I’d be in a lot of trouble. Luckily I had no dealer instilled scratches or swirls and I was able to simply wash, carefully decontaminate the paint with an iron remover, sap remove, tar remover and followed up with a careful claybar. No user inflicted marring. Had I not been experienced at this, this would have been a turning point in the project for a lot of people. I’m shocked at how thin the paint is and so thankful I am not busting out the polisher. Below are pictures of the process and what I saw.

4.)Plastic almost appears to have a coating of some sort on it. I ceramic coated mine but it almost didn’t want to take the coating. Hopefully we won’t see fading down the road like we do with most vehicles with this type of exterior surface. Whether your coating it or restoring it down the road, remember these pieces are very porous and get clogged with contamination. It needs to be cleaned properly or you won’t get proper adhesion.

Here are pictures of the process, hope you enjoy.

Before:
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. 1BC6DC06-A7C9-4C3C-99A6-4CACCAC48A97

After:
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. 506DCA0B-C63E-459B-AC6F-B3A1A59A974F

Clay After Decon: lots of dirt and grime embedded into the clear coat

Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. 8A1F8201-90B5-461A-8A9D-6DE1D8122CB7

Paint After Clay: No visible scratches or marring when done right
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. BFD6942F-2CB3-47F1-AF40-E2A0F5A80B0C

Measuring The Paint:

Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. EEEFF6A7-58B4-43DF-8BCE-1066AFC74C58

Results: For Reference, you can assume you have about 1.5-2. Mils of base/color coat on a car. 1 Mil is .001 of an inch. For reference, a post it note is 3 Mils thick. So most cars paint is thinner than a post it note. Most new cars have about the same amount of clear coat, sometimes less and sometimes more. After reading as low as 2.28 on some places that’s a sign there is very little to no clear coat on these vehicles.

Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. B6A54376-FA5A-4AF6-8A28-8CAA2B303C8E

Coating Time:
Gtechniq CSL Followed By ExoV4
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. 42D74B2F-10DF-46A1-BBF7-15EC40E61692

Beyond happy with the results!!!
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. 058CCBD1-43E5-48A3-8C70-D034D176D710
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. 48BE4EB3-9817-4FD8-BCC3-3076D255B77A
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. 7DF60192-8096-4C53-A06D-9621534A8AD3
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. 81CF2647-F9AB-402E-BF30-B1AE845F3D0A
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. A7D81892-CD63-49B0-877C-53016F9C2887
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. 1BEBCE95-ECD0-48A6-AAE9-7A97C83B0ECF
Ford Maverick A Detailers Maverick Experience: Thin Paint, Ceramic Coating, Etc. 2C22C2A4-BAA9-4748-AC60-3446283A4A77

Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ParagonDetail

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
ParagonDetail

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having never had a vehicle detailed, how much should I expect to pay for a detail job like the one you did?

Your detail job looks phenomenal by the way.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would you know of any one In San Diego area who would do similar level of work? And how much one would expect to pay for this level of protection? My baby is due for delivery on the 12th

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! My Hybrid is scheduled for ceramic coat Thursday, I’ll share this. He uses the same product...

OP
OP
ParagonDetail

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would you know of any one In San Diego area who would do similar level of work? And how much one would expect to pay for this level of protection? My baby is due for delivery on the 12th
Yes I do, Spencer at Competitive Detailing Company. Congrats, only a few days away!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ParagonDetail

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having never had a vehicle detailed, how much should I expect to pay for a detail job like the one you did?

Your detail job looks phenomenal by the way.
There are many things that come into account when pricing a detail job. However, if I were to get in a maverick in similar condition and was to perform the same steps and apply the same coating for a client, it would be around $1000-$1200. Paint correction can easily double that price.

P.S. THANK YOU!!!

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I applied Ceramic Coating to all my cars & motorcycles for several years. For me the Maverick paint depth is a clue for anyone with a Maverick that a ceramic coating is really needed due to a soft and thin coat of paint. With a ceramic coatings you don't need to wash as often, putting less friction on the paint.

I also use a ceramic washing soap that helps maintain the ceramic coating. I find water spots still happen on a ceramic coating unless you dry after washing. Doing my own ceramic coatings, though I have good buffer machines and pads, I still prefer to polish the ceramic coating by hand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ParagonDetail

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
ParagonDetail

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you! My Hybrid is scheduled for ceramic coat Thursday, I’ll share this. He uses the same product...

Great Products, Good Luck!!!

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question for Paragon:

After 3, 4 or 5 years if you need to redo the ceramic coatings, do you simply re-apply a claybar and decontaminate the surface all over again, then replace the ceramic coating?

Also, Do the GLASS ceramic coating work very well?
Sponsored

Last edited: