First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol dude there is no such thing as lifetime fluid. You have a filter that is easily changeable and that's the only difference. If you've ever had a tiny transmission issue and attempted to change at 150k only to realize it's the first time it's ever been done - prepare for massive tranny issues now. I keep seeing you bring up this "mopar is better at this and that" crap on these forums and it's not any better than any current manufacturer.

Stop it, or go get a Dodge. BTW, my family has a 2500 currently and I've also owned two RAM's. It's the same intervals to keep your transmission healthy, especially if you tow.
You've been paying attention I see 😆.my caravan is lifetime tranny fluid,my ram it has never been changed. If Mopar offered a small truck I would have bought it.i thought I'd take a chance on this Ford,but after seeing all the issues on this forum I'm second guessing my choice! No issues yet with my maverick after almost one year.keeping my fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Joe Strummer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm not sure how to interpret the Report. If I had a Report Commissioned and a Transmission Flush at 30k and another at 60k, would the sum of the two Reports equal just one Report at 60k? If so, I don't see what the issue is (other than the fact that the aluminium is too high).

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I changed mine at 10k and visually looking at the fluid, you could clearly see break in metals dispersed in the fluid.

I'll send in a sample to Blackstone when I change it again at 30k. It will be an interesting contrast to this sample.

Efab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FWD 2.0 EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
at 40k would you guys recommend on oil change? The flush or the drain and fill?

gunnmitten

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This transmission oil report is for the 8 speed...NOT the eCVT.

I've spoken with more than one qualified Ford techs recently who swear that 30k is the maximum responsible fluid change for the 8F35. Since I missed the 30k interval, I changed it at 60k and sent a sample. The results are attached.

Happy Mavericking!
That's so funny, I told the service tech I wanted PTU, RDU, trans fluid swapped out at 36k - "here's the fluid I bought it for you" - he said no way it's way too early!.... guess I'm printing out this report and taking it in next time! thanks for this :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where are you seeing 150k intervals published? I though the manual said 60k and 30 if severe?

Fishin4ladyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, jeep patriot, Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol dude there is no such thing as lifetime fluid. You have a filter that is easily changeable and that's the only difference. If you've ever had a tiny transmission issue and attempted to change at 150k only to realize it's the first time it's ever been done - prepare for massive tranny issues now. I keep seeing you bring up this "mopar is better at this and that" crap on these forums and it's not any better than any current manufacturer.

Stop it, or go get a Dodge. BTW, my family has a 2500 currently and I've also owned two RAM's. It's the same intervals to keep your transmission healthy, especially if you tow.
The filter and pan are one piece for my ram 8 speed. Changing that out last time I checked was north of 1500 bucks. I'm going with the lifetime fill per ram since I also have their lifetime power train warranty. 120k miles, shifts like new still. Bought the power train warranty for my Maverick until 125 k miles, I'll let the next person worry about that oil since Ford says it's good till 150k. Cheap insurance to change it out though if you aren't getting a warranty and plan on keeping it forever.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's so funny, I told the service tech I wanted PTU, RDU, trans fluid swapped out at 36k - "here's the fluid I bought it for you" - he said no way it's way too early!.... guess I'm printing out this report and taking it in next time! thanks for this :)
When I went in to ask about some part numbers they asked me why and said the same thing. I wanted to say "That's why I avoid your shop and am only trying to use your database connected directly to FORD parts to confirm something for me quickly since I was in town" but I didn't. Thankfully that info is out there on the forums so people can avoid having to confirm it now (was in regards to the PTU/RDU drain plugs and fluid types).

This same shop also admitted to putting 15W-40 in my families 2500 Cummins that specifically says to NOT EVER use 15W-40 in it. 5W-40 is the only recommended change to that for colder temps and that's even what they come with from the factory. Keep in mind this is Montana where winter often gets below freezing, so going up in the winter grade is just idiotic even in a Cummins diesel. I helped my dad change the oil, showed them how simple it was, set them up with a list of correct part numbers (the shop also gave them the incorrect air filter which caused all kinds of codes to be thrown) and now it takes my dad about an hour along with the fuel filters (which that shop also wanted almost $400 to replace).

The FORD service department around me wanted $130 for an oil change and not addressing the fact that my Hybrid had 3 no starts is a pretty good indicator to avoid them as well. I took it in only because I was told I had a freebie and knew I was not keeping the vehicle, so I pushed to change at 7k which was halfway through the time I had it. I had 0w-20 already so I was nice enough to change the oil before I sold it. Anyways they came at me with the bill after 4 hours of waiting for them to charge the battery the third time and that's when I found out their first "freebie" required the use of FORD points. What a scam. I was already not happy about having to use their service for the battery but that was icing on the cake.

I hate dealerships.

Cheap insurance to change it out though.
Yep. Even more reason with an internal filter like our Mavericks. I got the warranty to 125k as well but who knows what I'll do after that. Anything can happen in this market. So I'll take my couple hundred dollars worth of cheap insurance a year and go from there.

Last edited:
OP
OP

whitef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lost count...about 12.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where are you seeing 150k intervals published? I though the manual said 60k and 30 if severe?
Page 441 of the 2022 owner's manual.

Ford Maverick 60K factory transmission fluid oil report arrived Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 13.54.52

OP
OP

whitef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lost count...about 12.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure how to interpret the Report. If I had a Report Commissioned and a Transmission Flush at 30k and another at 60k, would the sum of the two Reports equal just one Report at 60k? If so, I don't see what the issue is (other than the fact that the aluminium is too high).
I read that aluminum, iron, copper are significantly too high, and tin is a bit too high at 60k miles when compared to Blackstone's unit averages for the same transmission and fluid combination.

So, what I hope to see on the next report is the metals in the fluid more in line with the averages. Unfortunately, I have no way to know what it would have looked like at 30k.

To address your question of would a 30k and 60k report sum to these values, I don't believe they would. Draining the fluid and contaminates at 30k should lead to better results at 60k, assuming that there isn't some fault with the transmission that is causing accelerated wear.

Again, I'll get to wait and see what the 90k change looks like.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Page 441 of the 2022 owner's manual.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 13.54.52.png
That's weird here I am walking around thinking it was 60k normal and 30k severe. I gotta try to dig up where I saw that.

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
I'm seeing a lot about the transmission, but what about the rear diff? Seems to me that logically, not that I've done it with my car but my current car is in a Maverick, that if most of the metallic wear happens in the first 10,000 mi, it would make sense to change it at 10,000 and then you're probably good for a long time.

OP
OP

whitef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lost count...about 12.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm seeing a lot about the transmission, but what about the rear diff? Seems to me that logically, not that I've done it with my car but my current car is in a Maverick, that if most of the metallic wear happens in the first 10,000 mi, it would make sense to change it at 10,000 and then you're probably good for a long time.
My Maverick is FWD, so I don't have one. I do keep the diff fluid fresh in the couple of AWD vehicles I own, particularly the high strung Subaru that's hard on everything.

I'm sure there are plenty of AWD members with some comments on that.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1.5K miles first oil change, Every 3-3.5K after that.
5 K miles second oil change, first PTU change and first RDU change. Every 20k after that.
10K first Tranny change. Every 20K after that.

Even in this day and age oils are still cheap. Why not.

My planned schedule, if I live that long. :D

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They don't. Blackstone only reports what's in the fluid. it's up to you to interpret that and maintain the machine to your level of comfort.

This report shows uncomfortable metals. The silicone is new transmission stuff. The metals may or may not be new transmission stuff, which is why I'll change it and test again at 90k. I anticipate the metals to go to an acceptable level. If they don't, I'll re-assess what's next. If they do, will keep driving the wheels off the thing.

I had Ford techs telling me to change the fluid every 30k when I had about 56k on the car, so 60 was the next reasonable interval. In hindsight, I wish I had changed and tested at 30k.

Each one of these behaves a little differently, even with identical parts so testing and adjusting maintenance helps with our fleet of 14 or so cars.
Don’t stress it to much. Those level may not even be high by the filter standards. The fact you changed at 60k is far better than most will. So I’d say you still did the safe thing. I do like the idea of doing it early then on a normal schedule like the oil.

My guess is they have a less fine filter than normal Trans so we will see higher levels. But those may be acceptable. Plus that also allows for that stuff to be drain out. Thanks for posting that data
Sponsored