Sponsored

Maintenance Schedule for 2021 Maverick [Oil Change, Spark Plugs, Transmission Fluid]

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mauve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat (South America)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the Owner's Manual:

Oil Changes -- every 10k miles
Spark Plugs -- at 100k miles
Transmission Fluid -- at 150k miles

The maintenance schedule... It's awesome.

Coming from a 2012 Ford Focus manual where I change the oil every 3-5k and had to convince the dealer that, "no, this is a manual, I don't have to change my transmission fluid at 60k." To this... It's just awesome.

I know, there'll be things that come up, but this seems like a much more affordable vehicle to maintain. 1/3 better gas mileage and half as many oil changes, not to mention the transmission fluids... Count me in!

So, this might sound like a dumb question...but...

I am located in Peru, and just got my Maverick last week. The local dealer tells me that the required maintenance schedule is every 10,000km (oil change, etc...), more over, it has to be done by them at their fees or it will void the warranty.

Does anyone have an opinion?

I of course will try to contact Ford customer service to get a direct answer, but wanted to hear what yall think.

MaverickTopGun

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Quagmire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How often is everybody changing the Mav AWD (2.0L ecoboost only) PTU and rear twin-clutch Dana Diff fluid? I didn't see anything about it in the maintenance schedule though.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am located in Peru, and just got my Maverick last week. The local dealer tells me that the required maintenance schedule is every 10,000km (oil change, etc...), more over, it has to be done by them at their fees or it will void the warranty.

Does anyone have an opinion?
That would depend on both Peruvian law and Ford's policies in Peru. I have zero knowledge on either topic, and doubt many on this forum will have that specific knowledge, either. I would contact Ford and/or a Peruvian consumer advocacy group for better information.

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the Owner's Manual:

Oil Changes -- every 10k miles
Spark Plugs -- at 100k miles
Transmission Fluid -- at 150k miles

The maintenance schedule... It's awesome.

Coming from a 2012 Ford Focus manual where I change the oil every 3-5k and had to convince the dealer that, "no, this is a manual, I don't have to change my transmission fluid at 60k." To this... It's just awesome.

I know, there'll be things that come up, but this seems like a much more affordable vehicle to maintain. 1/3 better gas mileage and half as many oil changes, not to mention the transmission fluids... Count me in!

The owner's manual says that for severe conditions, which is the majority of driving in the US. The oil change is at 5k. The trans is 30k, and the spark plugs are at 60k. Just FYI.

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm about to hit 10k miles (at 9500) in about 7 months with 23% oil life remaining. With my Ridgeline the oil life monitor always hit 0% at the 6000 mile mark as recommended in the manual.

So I guess I'll go with the 10k/1-yr limit unless the oil life monitor gets to 0% before then.

Edited to add: now after going back and reviewing the manual I see that the 1 yr interval is a hard limit but the 10k is an estimate and might be more for the hybrid....so less than a year, go with the computer when over 10k, but go no longer than 1yr.

Last edited:

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The owner's manual says that for severe conditions, which is the majority of driving in the US. The oil change is at 5k. The trans is 30k, and the spark plugs are at 60k. Just FYI.
I'd probably go 4k on the ecoboost because of fuel dilution of the oil especially if you do a lot of short drives.
Sponsored