Sponsored

Maintenance Schedule (Hybrid Maverick): Oil, Brake Fluid, Air Filter, Spark Plug, Transmission Fluid, Coolant

OP
OP
docroland

docroland

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is beneficial to those with actual reservations.

Ford Maverick Maintenance Schedule  (Hybrid Maverick): Oil, Brake Fluid, Air Filter, Spark Plug, Transmission Fluid, Coolant 9FD61BE6-CA2C-41ED-9FEA-5A60BE257B0F
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had enough cars for enough time, 150K for tranny? Yeah thats a no go for me. Between two cars I've spent 11K out of my own pocket for factory tranny replacements. Tranny fluid has detergents in it just like motor oil. At 150K with new oil, it will "detergent" so much that it can cause more problems as it loosens the grime. Maybe its antidotal, but 50K tranny flush for me. 200K for engine coolant, another no go. Coolant becomes acidic over time, but by all means follow that schedule if you put 200K in 3yrs time :rolleyes:
What's funny is I have never changed trsnny fluid but in one vehicle.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
This is beneficial to those with actual reservations.
... even if it sets the wrong expectation?

If you have reserved a hybrid, expect your Oil Life Monitor will deviate substantially from this chart. The hybrid OLM subtracts EV miles from the odometer reading, retaining the same engine-use criteria as the EcoBoost engines after odometer correction. It's not rocket science.

OP
OP
docroland

docroland

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
... even if it sets the wrong expectation?

If you have reserved a hybrid, expect your Oil Life Monitor will deviate substantially from this chart. The hybrid OLM subtracts EV miles from the odometer reading, retaining the same engine-use criteria as the EcoBoost engines after odometer correction. It's not rocket science.
Thanks for your expert advice that you gained for owning a Ford Hybrid in 1 year.
Like what was mentioned, oil change at 7-10K or ANNUALLY is enough for those who reserved a hybrid and drive 6K/year. May be we will also be knowledgeable like you after we experienced driving a hybrid for few years.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
... drive 6K/year.
And change oil every 12 months. They'll never notice the mileage criteria.

I'm writing to folks who drive 16K+/year. Wait for the oil life monitor.

Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had enough cars for enough time, 150K for tranny? Yeah thats a no go for me. Between two cars I've spent 11K out of my own pocket for factory tranny replacements. Tranny fluid has detergents in it just like motor oil. At 150K with new oil, it will "detergent" so much that it can cause more problems as it loosens the grime. Maybe its antidotal, but 50K tranny flush for me. 200K for engine coolant, another no go. Coolant becomes acidic over time, but by all means follow that schedule if you put 200K in 3yrs time :rolleyes:
269K on my 2012 Outback CVT. Never had a tranny fluid change. Too late now and would be afraid to jinx it!!

damnclose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Caravan, 2002 Chevy Silverado 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To all DIY'ers. Sorry folks i'm biased, for Hybrid only.

2022 Maverick Hybrid Maintenance Schedule.jpg
Thanks for posting this information. All information in a quick reference place and easy to see.

I sure am getting lots of good advise from Maverick Truck Club, Thanks to all.

OP
OP
docroland

docroland

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting this information. All information in a quick reference place and easy to see.

I sure am getting lots of good advise from Maverick Truck Club, Thanks to all.
You are very welcome. Welcome to Ford Maverick family. Good luck with your order. Hopefully we get our Maverick soon.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had enough cars for enough time, 150K for tranny? Yeah thats a no go for me. Between two cars I've spent 11K out of my own pocket for factory tranny replacements.
What tranny?

You do realize this thread is about the Hybrid not the EcoBoost Maverick with the 8sp transmission.

There is not a traditional tranny in the Hybrid as you think. It is an eCVT with only gears. You cannot apply your experience with traditional transmissions to the Hybrid.

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That said the eCVT only holds a few quarts of fluid so if you want to change it early knock yourself out. I'd probably skip the Amsoil or other boutique ATFs and use Ford's Mercon LV since you also need to take into account having the proper dielectric properties to be compatible with the HV stators.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you Mr. Huunvubu for reading the owners manual. The purpose of this post is to serve as a reference, guided by the engineers from Ford, the manufacturer of your Maverick. If you feel that these guides are not true then you are free to do it on your own schedule. Anyway, it is your vehicle, you can do whatever you desire.
First off you are not the OP who originally posted this guide so I don't know why you are in such a huff about me posting the section from the manual for the maintenance schedule for the Hybrid Maverick.

Which by the way confirms everything the OP posted with the exception(s) about using the Oil Change maintenance minder and the reduced schedule for oil changes if severe and extreme driving.

OP
OP
docroland

docroland

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What tranny?

You do realize this thread is about the Hybrid not the EcoBoost Maverick with the 8sp transmission.

There is not a traditional tranny in the Hybrid as you think. It is an eCVT with only gears. You cannot apply your experience with traditional transmissions to the Hybrid.
All information I posted was lifted from owners manual and not from my own experience. They say the Maverick Hybrid is mostly like the eCVT of Ford Escape, here's the link on how the transmission fluid is being change on a eCVT:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All information I posted was lifted from owners manual and not from my own experience. They say the Maverick Hybrid is mostly like the eCVT of Ford Escape, here's the link on how the transmission fluid is being change on a eCVT:
2005-2012 was the first and second generation of Ford's eCVT. The Maverick is the 4th+ generation. Improvements have been made to each generation for both efficiencies and reliability.

Ford eCVT generations (Model Years):

1st: 2005-2008 HD-10 65KW-87HP Traction Motor Performance
2nd: 2009-2012 HD-20 70KW-94HP Traction Motor Performance
3rd: 2013-2017 HF-35 88KW-118HP Traction Motor Performance
4th: 2018-2021 HF-45
4th+: 2022 Maverick HF-45+ 94KW-126HP Traction Motor Performance

The video you posted (2005-2012 MY, Gen1 and Gen2) isn't viable as he states the heat that it generates is causing the bearings to wear out but the eCVT in all Ford eCVT's are liquid cooled. There also is an oil pump that sprays oil over those bearings he thinks will fail because of the heat. He really is uninformed and just making stuff up.

HF-35 Video showing the simplicity of the eCVT

There is a separate cooling loop (with AC assist) that cools the High Voltage Battery, DC-DC converter, Inverter and the eCVT and the Electric Motors in the Maverick Hybrid.

A video on Ford's 4th generation eCVT (2018+) would be more meaningful.

Last edited:

MaverickMann

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Nice graphic.

I'd bet the FordPass app will have the schedule in it.

My 2011 Wrangler schedule gets done "by the book" -- which means literally finding the schedule in the owner's manual, checking odometer, etc -- because there's no tech to help out a DIYer. My 2017 Volt schedule gets done with Chevy's smartphone app, which has the manual digitized & searchable, alerts for oil change, etc. This app stuff was crap when it 1st came out. Ford's app back when I had a 2nd Gen Escape was almost useless. So I'm expecting much better usefulness in Mav tech.

If we could get Ford's fleet management app, that sounds like it'd be even better for DIYers. Looks to be called Crew Chief but only available for F150 work trucks.
If you DIY while its under warranty, make sure to keep meticulous records, take pics of receipts/keep receipts, even take pics of the new and replaced part(s). I am only speaking from a personal experience, in which I was denied what should have been a warranty repair because my DIY records weren't “adequate“ according to dealer. Also, worth noting that this was a warranty that I paid for on a newer used vehicle. I’m not saying this will happen to anyone else or that it’s normal. It’s just a friendly word of caution.