Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does Ford consider a sale? When a dealer takes possession? Or when a customer takes possession?
Revenue is recognized when either the dealer takes possession or when the vehicle is shipped to the dealer. Depends on when the contractual performance obligation is fulfilled.
It is likely FOB, in which case as soon as the vehicle is shipped the sale is recognized.
Sponsored

NoMavJoe

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The figures listed in this thread are for Mavericks sold and not produced.

The administration posted another thread a few weeks back that had 86,000 Mavericks ordered for MY 2023 and the production year to date. It showed that year to date production was 71,000ish.

I believe that figure was up to and included September. This works out to be approximately 7,900 Mavericks built per month this year.

If FMC can build at this rate into Nov of 2023, the build will be on pace to fulfill the 86,000 new orders, but only at the 65/35 Ecoboost/Hybrid plan that FMC estimated before the order banks opened.

Maybe FMC will allow Hybrid order holders to switch to Ecoboost if so desired.

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The administration posted another thread a few weeks back that had 86,000 Mavericks ordered for MY 2023 and the production year to date. It showed that year to date production was 71,000ish.

I believe that figure was up to and included September. This works out to be approximately 7,900 Mavericks built per month this year.

If FMC can build at this rate into Nov of 2023, the build will be on pace to fulfill the 86,000 new orders, but only at the 65/35 Ecoboost/Hybrid plan that FMC estimated before the order banks opened.

Because the info was available before the order banks opened i don't think any new orders should be able to switch to Ecoboost, and if they are then it's to the back of the Bus.
I looked at the info and that's why i went Eco.
Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

They produce mavericks in Hermosillo for the brazil market also. Those production numbers are not just for the US market.
Edit: They also produce them for canada there, so the US sales figures are a better estimation of what will be sent to the US.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Revenue is recognized when either the dealer takes possession or when the vehicle is shipped to the dealer. Depends on when the contractual performance obligation is fulfilled.
It is likely FOB, in which case as soon as the vehicle is shipped the sale is recognized.
Thanks for reply. What is the source of your knowledge? Ford? Ford financial statements? Re your last sentence, this is known as FOB shipping point. If revenue is recognized when dealer takes possession, it’s called FOB destination point. FOB — free on board — is not descriptive enough. Sorry; it’s the accountant in me. So, excellent post. Thanks again.

NoMavJoe

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Billy, doesn’t seem too harsh. You planned accordingly. But it sure appears that FMC will have the capacity for Ecoboost builds. I’d rather customers had the chance to convert an order and get the Maverick at a much better price point, and ordered to their liking.

If FMC builds dealership stock, just means higher markups for someone wanting one.

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my hybrid on the first day. I hope that if Ford can't get mine built in 23, they would give me the option to switch to EcoBoost. If that happens I expect to be at the end of the EcoBoost line but I also hope I would come before dealer stock orders. We'll see how Ford prioritizes customer orders.
Sponsored