First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure in the future once more chips are available Ford will gladly take your $$$ for these features. For me not having those things and actually being cheap is the feature not the bug.
i agree with you, I went with a super basic model only adding the hitch and Ford360 to my XL. I only wanted the 360 bc in resale I feel like people are becoming very reliant on the car warning them of someone in their blind spots. But this being the cheapest hybrid on the market was the biggest selling point for me.

funny thing is I got a new job and now I probably would have upgraded to a XLT with the Lux package bc money is better. But dealer said he’s afraid moving up in trim would bump me back from my current spot in line. If they call me to bump me to 23 I might make the change, we will see.
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1 thing I hate:
I don't have my truck yet so I'm probably not qualified to post in this thread but the one thing keeping me up at nights is the hybrid catalytic converter glowing molten orange in this video:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/data/video/33/33250-1c6b3e457a3114d66c95274a3f15d465.mp4 posted by SpruceDuck

from this thread:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...h-remote-start-fordpass-hybrid-maverick.7155/
I've had my Maverick Hybrid for seven weeks now and have not experienced the problem(s) shown in the videos. It seems that the issue is when the outside temperature is near 10 degrees and heat is called for so the ICE engine runs. This is probably some kind of software issue and hopefully Ford will have a fix soon. Here in Texas it rarely gets that cold and my Maverick is garaged so even with the two day freeze with temps in the low teens I never experienced the above problem(s).

User @MilMaverick seems to have found a workaround:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went into cluster remote start and turned off auto climate controls as well as heated seats and heated steering wheel off. The smell and the glowing seemed to have stopped, car runs normal, no engine pulsating.

Have been using remote start for the last 3 days, climate set manually, running for about 5 10 minutes no issues.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it really does look like some kind of software bug.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this is what I envision with all those that just can't stand using a key.
You leave the house and walk to your truck and then realize you left your key in your other pants or on the dining room table because you thought you remembered picking it up

Or, you are leaving work after a long day and can't wait to get home. You get all your things together, get out to your truck and realize you left your fob on your desk because you had to shuffle items in your suit pockets.

Or you realize you left your fob on your desk after you emptied your purse looking for your wallet to pay for your lunch and never returned it.

Not ever having just a push button start, is the above even a thing?
In your examples "you left your key in your other pants" or "left your fob on your desk" it wouldn't matter if you had a "Push Button Start" or a "Keyed Ignition" because in your examples either way you can't start your vehicle.

I have never understood this argument as it makes no sense.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Don't know why Ford chose to go with a blue interior. They should have went with a grey and would have still had the color of the white door panels and orange accents to give it some color contrast. The blue interior works fine for Area 51 and Alto blue, but then when you go to some of the other colors like Cactus gray and Hot pepper red, it's like Hmmmmm.

Agree that there should have been at least SYNC 3 or any SYNC for that matter on the XL & XLT.

Keyless entry .... I prefer a regular key fob. Keyless entry can be hacked and the Fobs are Mucho grande $$$ to replace. To me the whole push button start seems gimmicky, but that's just me. To each thier own.

I'm soooo glad there isn't XM radio. Had it before and just got harassed by XM to keep re-subscribing after I let it run out.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not anything to hate about my truck... there are things I would like to have.. push button starter, better radio.. but by no means are those things I hate not having. For the price.... this is a pretty awesome truck. Very comfortable, versatile and plenty of power. There is nothing I hate on this truck.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i agree with you, I went with a super basic model only adding the hitch and Ford360 to my XL. I only wanted the 360 bc in resale I feel like people are becoming very reliant on the car warning them of someone in their blind spots. But this being the cheapest hybrid on the market was the biggest selling point for me.

funny thing is I got a new job and now I probably would have upgraded to a XLT with the Lux package bc money is better. But dealer said he’s afraid moving up in trim would bump me back from my current spot in line. If they call me to bump me to 23 I might make the change, we will see.
More importantly if you wanted power mirrors the Copilot360 package is the only way to get them on an XL trim. If you didn't want BLIS you can easily turn it off and that is the end of it.

Just to change the mirrors after the fact with standard power mirrors including the wiring and buttons costs almost as much as the 360 package plus you get the extra safety stuff for the same price. On the XL trim anyways 360 is really good value added option when you consider what it costs to put those features in later piece by piece.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You wrap the fob in aluminum foil. Same as you would your passport or credit/debt cards that transmit rfid. If it really is an issue you'll see leather fob covers that are metal lined to do the same thing on amazon like they do with wallets now.
I find the foil from the costco pizza slices works best once the grease settles it like free glue!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So for me it would be:

1. Having to repick the mode you want to drive in every time you start the vehicle.(just let me default it to Eco!)

2. The rear seat storage not being a split bench. Having to remove passengers or car seats or luggage or whatever from the other side of the vehicle just so I can access the storage bin on the driver's side is kinda annoying, not gonna lie.

3. This one might be exclusive to me, but the rattle from the driver's side visor vibrating/banging against the trim. I need to figure out how to fix this because it's driving me nuts.
Could a cloths pin or chip clip do the job.

And yeah modes are annoying to me, let me do the driving car! I imagine a split bench could happen one day and be swappable.

MaverickHybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are two types of people.
1. No interior color options for each trim
2. No sync 4 or 3 for xlt or xl trims
3. No start button on xlt or xl trims.
Wow. Hate! The only hate I have right now is for you OP.

Sponsored

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this is what I envision with all those that just can't stand using a key.
You leave the house and walk to your truck and then realize you left your key in your other pants or on the dining room table because you thought you remembered picking it up

Or, you are leaving work after a long day and can't wait to get home. You get all your things together, get out to your truck and realize you left your fob on your desk because you had to shuffle items in your suit pockets.

Or you realize you left your fob on your desk after you emptied your purse looking for your wallet to pay for your lunch and never returned it.

Not ever having just a push button start, is the above even a thing?
Depends on the person because everything you just described, the same exact thing could happen key or fob?

Edit: the two above, ya'll are toxic jesus. Let it go

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on the person because everything you just described, the same exact thing could happen key or fob?

Edit: the two above, ya'll are toxic jesus. Let it go
That was my point. Keyless isn't really that much of an advantage. Still need to carry it with you. Only difference is you don't need to have it in your hand.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The 360 is really really nice now that I'm getting more used to it. I still stuck a spotter mirror on that I had left over tho. For me the XLT is worth the 2k unless you want to totally customize your truck. I regret not going up to lariat tbh since I've seen the interior irl and sat it in.

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was my point. Keyless isn't really that much of an advantage. Still need to carry it with you. Only difference is you don't need to have it in your hand.
Eh I don't know. When I'm driving I do a lot of in and out. When I'm driving my maverick, I have to consciously look at the ignition to get the key in and I don't think I'll improve to be able to do it without looking (nor do I want to poke randomly)

Other car, fob never leaves my sweater pocket, step on brake and press an easy access button.
It's kinda just nice. Not something worth spending a ton of money on or a deal breaker but it's just nice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gametyme89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 360 is really really nice now that I'm getting more used to it. I still stuck a spotter mirror on that I had left over tho. For me the XLT is worth the 2k unless you want to totally customize your truck. I regret not going up to lariat tbh since I've seen the interior irl and sat it in.
My children were a driving factor for me. Need the XLT for the rear arm rests with cup holders, so that was the minimum requirement.

On a XL trim, I think Co-Pilot 360 is good value simply because it gets you power adjusted mirrors along with your safety features. I do suppose if you're a minimalist, you could forego that package, just set em and forget em! No shame there either.
Sponsored