Sponsored

Really BAD issue with remote start Fordpass... Hybrid Maverick

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
XL Model here with bunch of upgrades.

So this was the first morning I got to test out the remote start with FordPass.(I did try it once before when setting up Fordpass) I have owned the truck since the 23rd of DEC, so.. 5 days, no issues. About 300 miles on it.

I got up to get ready for work, hit the remote start on the Ford Pass, it said the vehicle was started, and I went about getting ready, letting dog out, bathroom etc.

Well all that done I went to go out and head to work, and first thing I noticed was the truck was making a god awful noise like it was constantly starting and stopping every second. And then this smell hit me...

It was an incredibly intense fuel smell. Almost like rotten eggs. Unburnt fuel maybe? It actually made me almost physically ill.

Well I had to get to work, so I got in the truck rolled down the windows, and put the key in an shut the truck OFF. Then I turned it on, it said ready to drive, and I drove to work. No issues, no weird noises, no more weird smell. It was a cold drive to work for sure, but had to air out the original smell.

I mean I actually still feel a bit ill from it.

I guess Im going to test it out tonight after work and just keep an eye on it and watch it remote start. I dont believe in "flukes" when it comes to car reliability, so I still will talk to the dealer.

For context I did technically test the remote start via fordpass when we initially set up Fordpass at the dealer, so THAT time, it appeared to work fine.
It was particularly cold this morning, maybe 40 degrees F.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

So this was the first morning I got to test out the remote start with FordPass.(I did try it once before when setting up Fordpass) I have owned the truck since the 23rd of DEC, so.. 5 days, no issues. About 300 miles on it.

I got up to get ready for work, hit the remote start on the Ford Pass, it said the vehicle was started, and I went about getting ready, letting dog out, bathroom etc.

Well all that done I went to go out and head to work, and first thing I noticed was the truck was making a god awful noise like it was constantly starting and stopping every second. And then this smell hit me...

It was an incredibly intense fuel smell. Almost like rotten eggs. Unburnt fuel maybe? It actually made me almost physically ill.

Well I had to get to work, so I got in the truck rolled down the windows, and put the key in an shut the truck OFF. Then I turned it on, it said ready to drive, and I drove to work. No issues, no weird noises, no more weird smell. It was a cold drive to work for sure, but had to air out the original smell.

I guess Im going to test it out tonight after work and just keep an eye on it and watch it remote start. I dont believe in "flukes" when it comes to car reliability, so I still will talk to the dealer.

For context I did technically test the remote start via fordpass when we initially set up Fordpass at the dealer, so THAT time, it appeared to work fine.
I've had issues with the ford pass start, but that was just it not starting period. I would check it out again, then if it still doesn't work and you get that smell, call your dealer immediately.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm more concerned you're remote starting at that warm of a morning. :LOL:

All jokes aside, remote start is for 0 to -30F.

Sponsored

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
EB owner. Noticed with mine odd time it said it started but didn't. Also noticed if its really cold out the truck will go into power save mode around 5am. I do have a lariat with more electronics so Prob will hook up a battery tender on my Mav.

OP
OP

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
EB owner. Noticed with mine odd time it said it started but didn't. Also noticed if its really cold out the truck will go into power save mode around 5am. I do have a lariat with more electronics so Prob will hook up a battery tender on my Mav.
Can you even do that with a Hybrid? Hell I dont even know how to jumpstart the thing if I had to.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'm no mechanic but it seems the remote start is geared more towards the ecoboost than the Hybrid, What does your local Ford service center have to say❓

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm more concerned you're remote starting at that warm of a morning. :LOL:

All jokes aside, remote start is for 0 to -30F.
Said like a true northerner lol. I plan to use my remote start when it's 110F outside this summer too and you can't stop me! 🤣

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a guess after reading about the drilling gas tanks with the spray in bed liners. Could it be your gas tank was drilled or don't you have a spray in liner?

Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It isn’t one of the SIBL recalls is it. Leaking gas smell???

OP
OP

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Just a guess after reading about the drilling gas tanks with the spray in bed liners. Could it be your gas tank was drilled or don't you have a spray in liner?
It does not have a bedliner, spray in or otherwise? SO Is it affected by the recall?

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Said like a true northerner lol. I plan to use my remote start when it's 110F outside this summer too and you can't stop me! 🤣
What is an F? We only do C around here :p

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid